It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Uses Panama Papers to .. Demand More Power for Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Right on cue Obama is appearing to be using the "Panama Papers" scandal to see how government can gain more power from the show.

Seems many government leaders in several countries are caught up in this mess.

The whole thing seems to be centering on taxing power, not necessarily on stopping corruption that government in general creates.

Assuming all this is true (the Panama Papers) and not some clever ruse cooked up by government/media alliances, it looks like full blown tax powers far beyond current levels is at least one goal.

Looks like some real small governments in real small countries are more powerful than the big-gun governments.

Maybe this is just a NWO "re-alignment".

Big organized worldwide banks and governments are in trouble I think.

Could be they're setting up excuses for soon to be realized failures.

President Obama Uses Panama Papers to Condemn Government Corruption Demand More Power for Government

Let's recap: Yesterday, millions of documents related to a law firm that helps people set up off-shore companies were leaked. Those are the "Panama Papers." They identify the assets of 140 current and former politicians from around the world, as well as a few dozen private citizens.

Governments are up in arms, not because of the endemic corruption the ill-gotten wealth of the politicians in the Panama Papers represents but because, apparently, they didn't get enough of a cut. And there's little evidence additional tax enforcement authority would be used to catch corrupt politicians instead of merely curbing your freedom to move yourself or your assets across national borders.

Today, President Obama addressed the Panama Papers issue not by saying the U.S. would, say, re-examine its foreign aid spending to ensure U.S. dollars aren't fueling corruption abroad, but by using it as an excuse to call on Congress to pass laws to prevent Americans from moving their money out of the country as freely as they can now. He should call Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump, who has also railed against "inversions" as if money that Americans earn actually belongs to the U.S. government, and who has some novel ideas about limiting the outflow of money (specifically to Mexico) that maybe the president could build on.

? are these "Panama Papers" even real ?

edit on Apr-06-2016 by xuenchen because: tax the bastards!

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
MORE power for govt... soon we'll be sending monthly stool samples by law.

It is interesting how these so called Panama Papers have so much airtime. Information is being released all the time that should shock the hell out of people, but don't seem to get any airtime.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What do you want to bet that any power he seizes in order to "fix" this problem only hits all of us and doesn't really touch any of the people uses these tax dodges now?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't know but there's some interesting info in this article from RT. Soros has been blamed for being behind the leak to speciifcally attack Putin but then there's this:

“The American government is pursuing a policy of destabilization all over the world, and this [leak] also serves this purpose of destabilization. They are causing a lot of people all over the world and also a lot of money to find its way into the [new] tax havens in America. The US is preparing for a super big financial crisis, and they want all that money in their own vaults and not in the vaults of other countries,” German journalist and author Ernst Wolff told RT.

Link

I've seen various explanations for who's really behind it and why.

President Obama made an unscheduled statement about it and he was reading from notes. He used the term "dump of data." David Wilcock has repeatedly used the term "data dumps" in referring to full disclosure.

Looks like it's going to be another "whodunnit?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What do you want to bet that any power he seizes in order to "fix" this problem only hits all of us and doesn't really touch any of the people uses these tax dodges now?

I don't want to bet anything on that, since at the end of the day, it's the 1% who hold the aces, not Obama!

But I'd bet $1000 that it wouldn't matter what Obama said, since conservatives would just find a way to spin it into something that proved Obama was out to screw them either way.

If Trump said the same thing, there would be 4 threads within minutes praising him.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

I can well believe that Obama's policy has been destabilization. Anyone idiot who is halfway intellectually honest has to admit what's been going on in the Middle East can't have any other explanation. Every single move he's made there has made things worse, not better. If he were only incompetent, you would expect that some of those choices would have been OK to neutral.

Sort of gives you the shivers when you consider that Iran deal, now doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

None of them by me.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

These Establishment / Globalist bastards are the ones that are the problem in the first place, but hey, lets make the regular people pay for our indiscretions. Way to go Obama. Your puppet masters are proud.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Nevermind.

Missed the last sentence.
edit on 6-4-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Ahh yes, more capital controls.

Whats the current limit on preventing the average peasant from leaving with his or her own money, $10k?

Man has undeclared $10,000 seized at border after exchange rate pushes him over limit to take from country.

Millions seized by U.S. officials who warn declare amounts over $10,000.

Of-course TPTB will say this will only affect corporations and the wealthy.

Mmm hmm, sure it will.

Although Obama already passed some of this back in 2010.

Its now a question on every return asked by every accountant, do you have foreign accounts?

It's Official - America Now Enforces Capital Controls.

From last year:

Prepare Now for Capital Controls Coming to the U.S..

"Never let a good crisis go to waste".

These are the acts of a government which realizes that a collapse is coming. They will want to prevent people from leaving with or moving their assets.

People wanting to leave Cyprus with their assets was the trigger that caused bitcoin to skyrocket.

edit on 6-4-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

These Establishment / Globalist bastards are the ones that are the problem in the first place, but hey, lets make the regular people pay for our indiscretions. Way to go Obama. Your puppet masters are proud.

Yeah, Obama's the problem!

Just vote for Trump... with a net worth of 4 billion, his just a regular blue collar average joe, who understands the plight of the working class people, lol.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

If you want to post some random Trump bashing please don't quote as if you are responding to my post. I even said Obama has puppet masters. You clearly didn't even read my post so just stop.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

And everyone the idiot plebes are voting for minus 2 will do the same.

Idiots deserve to suffer. If youre surrounded by idiots you deserve REVENGE ON SOCIETY.

edit on 4 6 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I really wish I could say I am surprised..

But at this point they dont even seem to be trying to hide the maneuvers they will use to screw the plebeians.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Destabilization is pretty darn obvious and it would be hard to argue against that being one of the plans all along plus it's been highly successful and scary. I'm curious about these new tax havens in the U.S. and if monies will be pouring into them.

Iran. Iran is very resilient from what I've noticed.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

soon we'll be sending monthly stool samples by law.

Well, it's about time the flow was reversed. We've been taking sh** from them for far too long.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I love how Obama ignores under his own administration it created the FATCA.

Read it and weep.

www.irs.gov...

en.wikipedia.org...

Just for snips and giggles

FATCA goes full-retard as Mr. Obama extorts THIS country into compliance

He takes any more power it will be the people hurt like for the FATCA.

John and Jane Doe public that works overseas.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

My question to you is why would it be created by the Government? When governments and world leaders all around the world right now are facing a lot of hard questions.

How whacked is that theory? Seriously. Many world leaders are now being forced to stand down. Why would a government want that?

Seriously What if this is the handy work of one person who is just pissed off with the whole entire world. What if this is the handy work of someone who is tired of corruption?

Ask yourself that. I really doubt its a conspiracy within a conspiracy.

There are good people out there that do believe in humanity. If you think the world is nothing but evil humans you really need to re-evaluate your thinking.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep.

Tyrants will use any excuse to centralize power. They have to take over the money flow entirely. Then they have total control.

top topics

join