It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami by Quake? Bomb? Comet? EM?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
it can send a
large message that says " If we go down, we will take the world
with us!". Any comments?

I guess that's possible, but I think that US just wanted to get their troops in there.

The U.S. already had the Navy in there.......wonder how the ships
withstood the initial wave?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

as posted by Ycon
I guess that's possible, but I think that US just wanted to get their troops in there.

Care to elaborate on 'why' you have asserted what you have?
Just exactly what would those troops be doing once they got in there?
Watch the defunct Indonesian army and others as they supplied and flew the helicopters that brought food supplies, water, medicines, etc. to those isolated pockets of tsunami survivors, etc.?

seekerof

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Seekerof, if the true reasons behind Bush invading Afghanestan and Iraq is the oil, then it is possible that he may be after the natural gas exports coming out of indonesia. Almost 33 billion dollars worth a year. Also if the talk about Bush wanting to put a pipeline through afghanestan was true and he eventually goes after Iran, he will have pipelines through all 3 countries. Now if he also wants to help John Howard out, maybe he plans to run pipelines from indonesia to australia. Just a guess, plus what I have included below.

www.freerepublic.com...
Indonesia's vice president told the United States and other nations that have sent troops to deliver relief that their forces won't be permitted to remain in Sumatra longer than three months, and should leave as soon as their work is completed.

The chief of operations for the government's disaster-relief efforts here, Budi Atmadi Adiputro, said in a statement that it was "necessary" for all foreigners in Aceh province, at the northern end of Sumatra, to provide authorities with details of "their current and planned activities as well as the exact locations those activities will be carried out."

Indonesia, which emerged from three decades of military dictatorship in 1998, remains strongly influenced by the armed forces, some of whose officers are discomfited by the sudden presence of foreigners in a conflict-ridden province that's the source of huge earnings from natural gas exports.

www.cia.gov...
CIA Fact Book- Naural Gas Exports - Indonesia 32.8 billion cu m (2001 est.)

www.usindo.org...
However, both countries have been “self-absorbed” in recent years: the United States by “immense self-satisfaction and a preference for a unilateralism that many see as imperialism.” This was in the context of economic prosperity, the “longest bull run in history.” The rise of new political forces and power centers and a weakening of the central government, meanwhile, have absorbed Indonesia. This has been in the context of economic stagnation. In the urgency of the new focus of U.S. policy since September 11 there is a danger the “U.S. will expect too much, too soon; and Indonesia will be capable of too little, too late.

One Indonesian policymaker urged the United States to “consult” Indonesia, not merely “inform” after the fact. Nevertheless, there was a consensus that Indonesia will understand that a U.S. military reaction to the terrorist attacks is “inevitable.”

english.aljazeera.net... (Jan 2004)
The US once enjoyed enormous influence over Indonesia, both economically and politically.

For Indonesian youth, America used to be the role model when it came to culture and lifestyle and its politicians looked to Washington for guidance.

But today that support has grown thin.

According to a policy paper distributed to US embassies last October, only 15% of Indonesians view the US favourably, compared to 61% in early 2002.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I guess you forgot to post that article concerning the Indonesian Government's demand that U.S. forces, along with others, leave Indonesia in three months, eh? Apparantly you posted a smidgin' of it....but I find your explanation, highly dubious and unlikely.
U.S. told to be out of Indonesia in three months

I guess "we" best be getting as much of that natural gas as fast as "we" can in three months, huh?

seekerof

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I guess you forgot to post that article concerning the Indonesian Government's demand that U.S. forces, along with others, leave Indonesia in three months, eh? Apparantly you posted a smidgin' of it....but I find your explanation, highly dubious and unlikely.

I guess "we" best be getting as much of that natural gas as fast as "we" can in three months, huh?

seekerof

Seekerof, no I didn't forget anything. The quote is from the freerepublic link above it. Here are more sources for you, I see you had trouble finding them and I don't mean grab the natural gas now (shakes head)

www.sunherald.com...
www.catholic.org...
sify.com...
www.cfrb.com.../global_feeds/CanadianPress/WorldNews/w011287A.htm
-Indonesian Vice-President Jusuf Kalla said foreign troops would be out of the country by March 31.
-'A three-month period is enough, even the sooner the better,' Kalla said.
-The government also ordered aid workers and journalists to declare travel plans or face expulsion from Aceh as authorities moved to reassert control of the rebellion-racked area.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Of course, there is another possible cause for the earthquake and the resultant tsunami besides HAARP, a nuclear bomb or even a comet. It's possible, though a real longshot, that one tectonic plate shifted and the subsequent movement of the earth caused the whole disaster. I know this sounds almost farsical but I've heard that it sometimes does happen. Do you suppose that this could be yet another occurence of this strange and little understood phenomenon? Hmmmmmmm?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! Well done sir, well done!

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This site has a list of questions and answers on what might of caused the 9.0 quake. Many interesting items there.

dc.indymedia.org...
In the aftermath of a cataclysm like the Asian tsunami, speculation can run wild. Reserving judgment until we really know what happened, here is a list of salient questions and answers that I've compiled from news reports, government and other reliable sources.

Q: What set off the gigantic tsunamis that devastated coastal south-east Asia?
A: An undersea earthquake measuring 9.0 on the Richter scale with its epicenter about 160 km from the northern portion of the island of Sumatra in Indonesia on Sunday, December 26.
Q: How soon after the quake did the tsunami hit?
A: The earthquake hit Indonesia at 6:58 a.m; the tsunami arrived as much as 2 1/2 hours later, without warning, suggesting that it might not have been caused directly by the quake but by some other change triggered by the quake.
Q: How large was it?
A: It was the largest since the 9.2 quake in Prince William Sound in Alaska in 1964 and the 4th largest in the century. The quake moved the entire island of Sumatra about 100 feet toward the southwest and even disturbed the Earth's rotation. It was the first tsunami in the Indian Ocean since 1883. Waves of around 30-40 ft in height and even greater were widely reported.
Q: What caused the undersea earthquake?
A: Compression between the Indian and Burmese tectonic plates. Scientists believe that one plate that comprised the landmass from India to Australia has broken up into two. The initial 8.9 eruption happened near the location of the meeting point of the Australian, Indian and Burmese plates
Q: What made the plates shift?
A: It may have been set off by another quake of about 8.1 on the Richter scale on the other side of the plate about 900 km SE of the coast of Tasmania on Thursday, December 24, which caused no serious damage however. The causal relationship is not proved but the time sequence is striking and some seismologists have considered it quite possible.
Q: Were tsunamis expected from that earlier quake?
A: The U.S. government's Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said on its Web site that ``widely destructive'' tsunamis from the quake were possible in the open ocean
Q: Have there been similar earthquakes set off the South East of Tasmania before?
A: Yes, in 1998 a very large earthquake occurred south of Australia and New Zealand, between Macquarie Island and Antarctica on March 25 about 2,300 km south of Hobart in Tasmania, and 500 km north of the Antarctic coast

More Q & A at the site.

E_T

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
This site has a list of questions and answers on what might of caused the 9.0 quake. Many interesting items there.

dc.indymedia.org...

There's system to detect underwater tests.
Remember that water is much more better at conducting shockwave (or sound) than air so it would be damn hard to prevent detection.
www.acoustics.org...

And I'm sure that there's difference between seismic waves produced by quakes and nuclear explosion.
Nuclear explosion is sharply defined "point source" while in earthquake it can be very big area which produces seismic waves when "unlocked" edges of plates scrape/rub against each others.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
More beached whales in North Carolina, these beachings are related to the military's sonar and that may be connected to these quakes. HAARP?

www.atsnn.com...
At Least 22 Pilot Whales Beach in N.C. - Saturday the 15th.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Electromagnetic technology

During my research on possible causes of the Tsunami/quake, if it was done by man, I have eliminated the idea of nuclear bombs and asteroids/comets. My focus is now on electromagnetic waves. At least 10 different groups/governments have the technology and many are using it, if not all. The whale beachings seem to be connected, they are happening approximately 3 days or so before a quake. The recent beaching in North Caroline happened on the 15th and today the 18th, 2 quakes occurred in the northern part of the Atlantic Ocean fault line. See my news post about NC beachings. www.abovetopsecret.com... The following is information about the electromagnetic weapons and weather manipulation.

www.alphalink.com.au...
-According to the New York Times on June 21, 1977, a 40-ton magnet had been shipped to a group of scientists in the Soviet Union. The device could be used to generate a magnetic field 250,000 times stronger than that of planet Earth. This is not science fiction, ladies and gentlemen, but reality. This Magneto-Hydro-Dynamic generator (MHD) gave the Soviets even more ability to override, black out and interfere with earth's own natural magnetic field which we (mankind) are already disturbing.
-We do know for a fact that Soviet and American scientists have for several decades been working on and developing "scalar electromagnetic technology."
-1982, Soviets induced the anomalous El Nino condition that upset weather patterns throughout the world for a full year.

www.prahlad.org...
-According to Bearden the covert development of these devices, in at least 10 countries, began decades ago, especially in Russia, whose scientists were more able than those in the West to think outside the box of conventional electromagnetic theory.
-Two of the things that can by done by manipulation of the wave at the interference zone are making earthquakes at a distant spot, and making volcano�s erupt.
-We also know (100% certainty) that the Yakuza and Aum Shinrikyo have indeed been engineering our weather.
-The existence and proliferation of these scalar weapons is an immediate world emergency.

www.fulldisklosure.org...
-The key discovery made by Tesla in the late 1800,s was that the earth itself reverberated with a pulsing electrical current in the low ELF (Extremely Low Frequency) range. Tesla had also discovered the exact frequency at which the earth normally pulsates. These natural waves are created as a result of electrical activity in the atmosphere. Collectively, these waves are called The Schumann Resonance. These are quasi-standing [SCALAR] ELF waves that naturally exist in the earth's electromagnetic cavity, the space between the ground and the Ionosphere.

-By causing many towers [HAARP, GWEN, etc.] to pulse with the exact ELF frequency of the normal earth pulsation, scientists have learned how to not only create, but also how to maneuver and direct storms. Tulsa�s discovery can duplicate almost every single phenomena of nature, from cyclones to tornados; and now, with Solar Power Satellites used in conjunction with land based towers, weather Control is just that simple.

GWEN (Ground Wave Emergency Network) transmitter towers bathe the entire U.S. in an artificial magnetic field which can rise from the ground to 500 ft, but also goes down into the ground as deep as a normal basement. Everyone can be affected and mind-controlled. This entire artificial ground wave spreads out over North America like a spider�s web.

The natural earth ELF waves are identical to the frequency spectrum of our human brainwaves, and it has been proven that the use of an ELF bombardment - at the same frequency as the human brain - can change a person's thoughts or emotions. In the early 1960,s, Dr Andrija Puharich discovered various mental effects of ELF, specifically that 7.83 Hz (the earth's pulse rate) made a person feel good, producing an altered-state; that 10.80 Hz caused riotous behavior; and that 6.6 Hz caused depression. It has since been discovered that 10 Hz puts people into a hypnotic state.

www.rumormillnews.com...
-Tom Bearden Fears the Use of Scalar Weapons At the Yellowstone Caldera
-The Japanese Yakuza and Aum Shinrikyo teams who leased such interferometers from the KGB in latter 1989, on site in Russia -- wishing the capability to destroy he U.S. in a single shot. They now have achieved the capability to destroy the United States or most of it with a single calculated "shot" which gradually builds up the pressure in the Yellowstone caldera, into a very violent eruption.

-Beginning in early 1990, the Yakuza/Aum Shinrikyo assumed (under KGB control) the weather engineering over North America (and elsewhere). They have also shot down several aircraft (including the TWA-800) etc. They plan to take part in the eventual destruction of America."
(More links at site)
Connection between global warming and weather engineering
www.cheniere.org...

Animated example of the weather war that is raging
www.cheniere.org...

Third nation now involved in North American weather engineering?
www.cheniere.org...

Russian & Yakuza weather engineering
www.cheniere.org...

Why weather engineering is felt "in one's bones"
www.cheniere.org...

Weather engineering - increasing complexity
www.cheniere.org...

www.cheniere.org...
Historical Background of Scalar EM Weapons
by Lt. Col. T.E. Bearden (retd.), 1990

www.cheniere.org...
-Bearden site - Table of Contents

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Look what was in the area around the time the whales beached themselves. Hmmmm electromagnetic waves?

www.kittyhawkfreepress.com...
www.kittyhawkfreepress.com...
U.S.S. Teddy Roosevelt, has been doing military maneuvers in this area for several days. The battle group is usually composed of an Aircraft Carrier, Destroyer Guided-missile cruisers USS Anzio (CG 68) and USS Cape St. George (CG 71), guided guided-missile destroyers USS Arleigh Burke (DDG 51), USS Porter (DDG 78) and USS Winston Churchill (DDG 81); destroyer USS Stump (DD 978); guided-missile frigate USS Carr (FFG 52); fast combat support ship USNS Arctic (T-AOE 8); and two attack submarines. It is not known for sure at this time if the military ships in the area had an affect on the whales that would have driven them to shore.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Professor Gary T. Whiteford is a geography professor at the University of New Brunswick in Canada. He has done extensive research concerning the correlation of underground nuclear explosions directly causing EARTHQUAKES.

In April of !989, Professor Whiteford presented his research paper titled NUCLEAR BOMBS and EARTHQUAKES-DANGEROUS PATTERNS and TRENDS to the 2nd annual United Nation and World Peace Conference held in Seattle, Washington. Professor Whiteford personally distributed 50 copies of his Research Thesis at this conference.

His Fax # is 506-453-3569. His Email is [email protected]

This also might explain why the U.S. Military-State Dept., even tho having advance warning of the Tsunami failed to warn the appropriate South East Asian officials.
US had advance warning of tsunami: Canadian professor --A Canadian expert has claimed that the US Military and the State Department were given advance tsunami warning and America’s Navy base on the island of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean was notified but the information was not passed on to the countries that bore the brunt of the disaster. Prof. Michel Chossudovsky of the University of Ottawa asks in an analysis produced for the Venus Project why fishermen in India, Sri Lanka and Thailand were not provided with the same warnings as the US Navy and the US State Department

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcnamara2000
Professor Gary T. Whiteford is a geography professor at the University of New Brunswick in Canada. He has done extensive research concerning the correlation of underground nuclear explosions directly causing EARTHQUAKES.

I read Whitefords research and I agree with him. In the past about two thirds of the major quakes were caused by nuclear bomb testing. Since that time man has created a better weapon for creating earthquakes along with other weather manipulation. Electromagnetic weapons are in the hands of at least 10 countries and terror groups, including USA. My own opinion is that it wasn't a nuclear bomb that caused the 9.0 quake but these electromagnetic weapons.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Here's more information on the beached whales connected with Navy sonar use.

www3.capwiz.com...
-I am wondering about the connection between the terrible Tsunami (and I urge you to vote for as much as possible to help these victims) and the US Navy and NATO nuclear submarine tests and explosions that have caused a much, much greater beaching of thousands of whales and porpoises world wide with bleeding from their ears due to cerebral hemmoraging from the US submarine blasts.

After the Tusunami and the refusal to allow investigations to find out what was causing these Beachings from Greece, to Japan, to Austrailia, New Zealand, California, Puget Sound and other American beaches too numerous to name after Navy/NATO NUCLEAR submarine exercises because the "Defense" underwater

slate.msn.com...
Can Sonar Kill Whales? Tuesday, Oct. 14, 2003
-The U.S. Navy has agreed to limit the use of its latest sonar system, bowing to environmentalist concerns that the technology causes whales to beach themselves. How might underwater sound waves drive cetaceans ashore?

The hottest theory is that the high-intensity signals lead indirectly to decompression sickness, more commonly known as the bends. The sonar system in question, called SURTASS LFA, uses low-frequency waves, which can travel great distances underwater without losing strength. The Navy argues that SURTASS LFA is vital to detecting quiet diesel submarines at great distances and thus provides surface ships ample time to prepare for a military encounter.

lists.nfg.nl...
-Navy Changes Story but Still Denies Responsibility 9-4-4

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

seekerof

Here's something for you to think about seekerof.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050123/ap_on_sc/lng_revival
-If current trends continue, the United States 'by far will be the largest consumer of LNG (liquid natural gas) in the next decade,' says Guy Caruso, head of the government's Energy Information Administration.
-A larger tank is near completion and two more tanks are planned. By 2008, the terminal will be able to handle 1.8 billion cubic feet of imported gas daily, more than double today's volume and enough fuel to serve 6.1 million homes, Dominion spokesman Daniel Donovan says.
-LNG import terminals in Louisiana, Georgia and the Boston area also are expanding. Despite community opposition, more than 40 new LNG projects are proposed around the nation. About a dozen probably will be built, according to experts.

-----------

Looks like US is planning to import a lot of Liquid Natural Gas

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Here's more information from Joe Vialls site. Is this the proof that the 9.3 quake was not natural?

www.vialls.com...
Asia Tsunami Proved Biggest War Crime in History

While the western media desperately tries to deflects public interest with ever-increasing Richter figures now up to an hysterical 9.3, the BBC, HMS Scott and others inadvertently prove conclusively that the horrific event of
26 December 2004 was the biggest single war crime in recorded history.

Put in terrifyingly simple layman terms, what this all means is that the Sumatran Trench and Sumatran Fault shown in the picture above always work together. If one moves, so does the other, and the Sumatran Fault runs right down the high street in the town of Banda Aceh, which didn't move at all when the "earthquake" tremor disturbed the town on 26 December 2004.

The harsh reality is that a naturally-occurring earthquake big enough to have generated that enormous tsunami would require a massive jolt below the Eurasian plate (quite probably around 9.3 on the Richter Scale), which would have liquified the rock and automatically hurled white-hot magma out of the chain of dormant volcanoes along the onshore Sumatran Fault. Remember, the trench and fault systems are are directly connected, and always work together.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Nice work Ycon.

I dont think the event which caused the tsunami was the result of nuclear explosions. I would agree with the theories of EM weapons being the cause.

In the book Angels Dont Play This HAARP by Dr. Nick Begich and Jeane Manning write that while there are several facilities which these ionospheric heaters are being employed, the the HAARP array is the only one which focuses its signal to a point whereas arrays such as Araceibo, Puerto Rico spread theirs out over the region. Also HAARP is the only capable array with a quick steering system and the only one capable of sending the levels of power it does.

<< 1  2   >>

join