It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia police raids target Japan Aum Shinrikyo cult

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Numerous past threads on this dangerous group who have never gone away.. ( 6 Pages worth ) All we need is this group adding to the current cocktail of troubles and strife's

www.abovetopsecret.com... ( Top of the list )

( Picture from bottom DB Link )

Russian police have raided 25 premises in Moscow and St Petersburg linked to the Japanese Aum Shinrikyo cult. The banned cult was responsible for a deadly sarin nerve gas attack on the Tokyo subway in 1995, which killed 13 people and injured 5,000. Ten people were detained in the St Petersburg raids, Itar-Tass news agency says. And 44 Russians expelled from Montenegro are under investigation. Aum leader Shoko Asahara and 12 other cultists got death sentences in Japan. The Russian raids targeted the homes and places of worship of suspected Aum cultists. Russian prosecutors say the cult has been pressurising people for donations. They suspect it has up to 30,000 followers in Russia. Aum Shinrikyo began as a spiritual group mixing Hindu and Buddhist beliefs but became a paranoid doomsday cult obsessed with Armageddon.

www.bbc.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

Followers of the cult, then and now, worship Shoko Asahara, whose real name is Chizuo Matsumoto. He is currently on death row awaiting the outcome of appeals on multiple convictions related to the 1995 attacks, but the faithful see him as a Christ-like figure. The fact that those in Montenegro were worshiping a man who orchestrated what he hoped would be an apocalyptic incident might indicate that they agree with his philosophy—the fact that they were holding their meeting on the anniversary of the Tokyo attack would appear even more incriminating.

www.thedailybeast.com...

edit on 5 4 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Moved a link..

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Ah, the Japanese arm of the worldwide deathcult. Like a hydra, it wears many faces, but has one origin. The corruption and desecration of the human spirit.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The Russian raids targeted the homes and places of worship of suspected Aum cultists. Russian prosecutors say the cult has been pressurising people for donations. They suspect it has up to 30,000 followers in Russia.

Which begs the question, why did they wait so long? They must have known they were 'around', what motivated them to move on them after all this time?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Maybe it was about giving them enough rope to hang themselves . If it was a anniversary date then they may have had a full house in attendance .

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Could be, or cutting back the movement, it was 'getting to big'.

Or just anti religious sentiment, although in this case its probably warranted. If a Charles Manson movement started up again around here, people would be like, WTH?

I can't imagine this Japanese cult having any good intentions personally. They're leader was removed and all, their ongoing plots foiled and all-- in Japan. If one of these started here, down the street, I might be concerned about that too.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I remember reading about these people in the 90's, a seriously deluded bunch indeed. They had this massive farm type complex where they brewed the sarin gas.

I recall that they took ballons filled with the gas onto the underground and popped them with umbrellas? Apparently they got the wind factor wrong or something.

Shoko Asahara, half blind lunatic, gets people to mass murder...then fights execution. Perhaps not a slave to his own convictions...

I honestly thought they had disbanded, goes to show.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
After reading the thread tagged above from 2012 there is this disclosure..within a link..

The religious group Aleph made a fresh start in February, 2000 after dissolving Aum Shinrikyo, its predecessor. Reflecting deeply on what its predecessor did in the past, Aleph started to make apologies and compensation to the victims and bereaved families. Since then, from time to time, Aleph has expressed its comments on the past incidents as well as apologies to the victims and bereaved families.

english.aleph.to...

I have looked on RT news but no recent story. Just now added..
www.rt.com...

A little of interest in 2013 Aleph won damages in a Japanese court for being associated wrongly with Aum Shinrikyo.

www.religionnewsblog.com...

As an aside, I noticed also on a search that CERN has a Aleph experiment..

aleph.web.cern.ch...

aleph.web.cern.ch...

edit on 5 4 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added RT link

join