It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul to support Donald Trump if nominated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Sen Rand Paul has stated that he would support Donald Trump as the nominee for POTUS.

Paul told the Cincinnati Enquirer that he will support Trump, primarily because it is better than having Hillary Clinton as President. “I think we never get the candidate we exactly want unless you’re the candidate,” Paul said. “Think about it from this perspective. I’m from Kentucky, and Hillary Clinton recently said she would put coal miners out of business, and she would put coal companies out of business.” the Senator continued. Paul said he will only endorse Trump AFTER the primaries, if he emerges as the winner, stopping short of pledging support at this time.

viralpatriot.com...

Even if this is, as he says, the choosing of the lesser of two evils it shows that there are those out there who have already conceded to the fact that Trump could be the next POTUS. I think in the month of April you will start to see more of those who are not ingrained in the establishment start to offer support if not full endorsements. It is time to align and unify and back someone who in the general will beat Hillary.

His father, Ron Paul, however does not agree. He tells you to waste your vote on a Libertarian.

“I was very explicit about that. I wouldn’t vote for Donald Trump,” Paul said on CNN on Thursday. Paul criticized those who say Trump is the lesser of two evils, saying “If you can’t stand any of them and you happen to be a dedicated progressive, you ought to make your vote count and vote for the Green Party and if you happen to be a libertarian, vote for the Libertarian Party.” The former Texas Congressman said that it is Trump’s unpredictability and vagueness that troubles him.

The next 7 months will be awesome....

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

bring back Ron Paul, ?USA needed him. only decent guy ive seen in the states for a while.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It's sad that Rand will not stand on principle like his Father. We may call it a wasted vote, but I would say those that would vote for the sake of party lack principle altogether.

He even sold-out his Father in the last election, so I am not surprised that Rand will hold his nose and endorse Trump.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The former Texas Congressman said that it is Trump’s unpredictability and vagueness that troubles him.

Ron isn't alone here.
Many astute people are saying it's practically guaranteed that Trump will derail himself with his
unpredictability, that he'll say something so outlandish it will end his bid. Time will tell. This is definitely the craziest election cycle ever!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
They all go one way together. One from column a and one from column b on the same menu.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
unlike his honorable father rand paul is a party hack....so sad

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Sorry, but none of the other lesser party candidates have done ANYTHING to stand out and get their message across, so they aren't worthy of even a default vote. I actually really like Rand, just need it without all the religious stuff thrown in. While the campaign has gone on, he's been busy in Congress, fighting for our Constitutional rights this whole time. Just that the Jesus crispy stuff doesn't resonate with today's voters.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

A vote for a third party is not a wasted vote, it's not voting third party that is. As anything other than voting third party is voting for more of the same. There is no lesser of two evils. Both parties laugh and shake hands behind your back.

Well unless a candidate does something to truly make you believe IN them, that makes you believe they aren't part of the elite.

The 3rd party is a wasted vote thinking is the only reason we keep getting more of the same.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
There is no third party that is large enough at this time. Not one. I wish there was.

I think each state should put up one candidate every 4 years. Every week the list gets smaller and smaller. Then you have 4 left and let them vote.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

There never will be because everyone keeps voting the "Lesser evil" party. You and people like you are WHY there's no large third party. You are the problem.
edit on 4/4/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

So I am the problem? Please explain. I would think the RNC and GOP are the issue.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

They are the problem as well as everyone who keeps voting them in, which is you, because you buy into their song and dance and believe there is a lesser evil of the two parties. There isn't one, they're pretty much blood brothers, taking turns passing the things that benefit the elite. There is no lesser evil so stop pretending there is and voting against yourself and every other non elite citizen in the united states. Every vote for an establishment candidate is a vote towards keeping these bastards in power. Your trying to remove a headache by banging your head into a wall til you knock yourself out and calling it a success despite that you now have brain damage and lost several IQ points.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Actually writing in FU Asshwhipes is better than voting for an establishment candidate. Sure it neither hurts nor helps them, but at least your not thanking thugs for kicking you around, then asking them to do it again.
edit on 4/4/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Rand Paul is nothing like his father.
Ron Paul at least stuck to his principals beliefs.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

This is the response I was looking for. This struck me as very odd. I know he is not as hard lined as his old man but I found it interesting he even said it.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Jeeze you guys - If you read the original article, you would see it was an April Fools Joke. It's at the bottom. So, Rand Paul is most definitely not supporting Trump. You're a few days too late homeslice!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Foreshadow

Actually, Rand endorsed 'entropy' for president on 4/1. I think the article is accurately relaying Rand's intent to endorse the GOP candidate, whomever it is.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I know he is not as hard lined as his old man but I found it interesting he even said it.

Did you guys consider that maybe he is standing by the "pledge" they were all 'forced' to take very early on, and he's willing to live up to his? While the others are all like, "Nah. I was just kiddin'. Changed my mind."

(And by the way, I think that's a stupid reason - but, it might be his reason so that next time he runs he can say, "I was the ONLY candidate besides Ben and Chris who held up my pledge to support whoever won the nomination.")

He has now, effectively, pointed out not only his integrity for not backing out of the "pledge", but also used his middle-finger in pointing out the nefariousness of the establishment. As loathsome as Trump is, he's mobilizing millions. What future-hopeful wouldn't ride those coattails so next cycle he can claim either way - I supported Trump. Either Trump sucks, so Rand can eat crow with everyone else, or Trump wins big, and that makes Rand a "one of us." Or maybe he's just hoping to get the VP slot (Lord knows he'd be better than Carson!).

Or, maybe it's just all about Rand and the trail of crumbs he's leaving behind. He's still young. He's going to put this on his resume, and knows it will go in his 'record' if he ever runs again.

Smart move.
edit on 4/4/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

And hopefully someone will meantime tell him to ditch the boy-band teen-idol hairdo and grow some whiskers.

Or, maybe he's just a sycophant like everyone else who sucks up to charismatic rich guys. Lord knows Trump can rip someone to pieces if he gets the chance or the inclination.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Only way for hope and change is an establishment puppet rewords it for their campaign slogan. That's all we will see, Obama being the poster child of proof. Other than the flop of Obama care, he has kept the same direction. If you don't like our direction in the past eight years, than rethink that number.

Trump might do something different but not sure what that different is or the tone of which I would address it. I know their is a lot of diehards for him and I understand why, just not the conviction of promise. The man says what people want to hear, probably in the order of most Googled political topics of the day. Want any explanation or expanding of what is said? Go kick rocks or protesters.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well his father Ron Paul certainly does not like Trump all that much,

on Paul took to Twitter to explain how he feels about The Donald...

"Sorry...Trump's Not Really An Outsider" t.co... pic.twitter.com/gH4BgrZL4u
— Ron Paul (@RonPaul) March 21, 2016
As Paul notes, Yes, Donald Trump is shrewd and really wants to sell himself as an outsider. He understands how to stir the many people who are unhappy.

www.zerohedge.com...

PAUL: Well what I would like to have on all the ballots is none of the above. And then we can vote for none of the above.

BANFIELD: That wasn't my question though.

PAUL: But I'm not going to vote for one of those two for sure, you know, they're too close together.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

top topics

join