It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you be a devout Christian and a politician at the same time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
No really... All the secrets and everything none of these guys are really Christians. I mean Ted Cruz is running on this Christian platform as the new pope and he's a senator! You know he's involved in seen or heard of something that if he was truly Christian he would tell his constituency about right?

So that alone should be enough for people to realize that these guys are totally full of # right?

m.christianpost.com...

In the article here you'll see a quote with Cruz stating that Christianity shouldn't be used as a tool for political gain. Hah what a joke...

Jeez these guys disgust me. I bet he hired a pastor to write that for him and rehearsed that 5000 times.

Man these people make me sick.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
How do you determine if someone is a Christian? Some people smoke and say they're Christian. The non-smokers say that smokers can't be Christians. Former President Jimmy Carter said he was a Christian, but he committed mental adultery quite a bit. Does that mean he's not a Christian? This is a slippery subject!
edit on 4/3/2016 by carewemust because: because because because because because

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well if one day say one thing and then the next day turn around and do the exact opposite usually people tend to think that's not the quality of a truly devout Christian as he claims.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Well if one day say one thing and then the next day turn around and do the exact opposite usually people tend to think that's not the quality of a truly devout Christian as he claims.

One section in the Bible says to forgive someone a thousand times if you have to. Another section says it's OK to kill him. Maybe your key word in the subject of this thread is "DEVOUT".

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Really wouldn't know. I'm neither.
I'm pretty good at picking out a lying phony.
That's pretty much all I see in politics.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Well a lot of people SAY they are Christian, but I know none that actually are

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Easy. Because being a Christian doesn't mean anything specific. There is no standard or requirements. There is nothing from keeping anyone from calling themselves a Christian. There is nothing stopping anyone from labeling themselves that.

Any such requirements or standards which you or anyone else assume to be in place, is just something you personally believe along with some other number of people. That's it.

That's because nobody has authority over any of it to that degree. If you call yourself a Christian someone else might not agree but so what, what can they do about it??? Nothing.

It works like that for anyone at anytime.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So you don't believe Obama is actually a devout christian as he claims?

W.H.: Obama 'a devout Christian'

The deputy press secretary emphasized that Barack Obama is a devout Christian who practices his faith on a daily basis -- in private. Reacting to a Pew poll that says a growing number of Americans believe President Barack Obama is a Muslim, White House deputy press secretary Bill Burton told reporters Thursday that most people are more concerned about the economy and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan rather than Obama’s religion. But Burton also emphasized that the president is a devout Christian who practices his faith on a daily basis — in private. “The president is obviously — he’s Christian,” Burton said on Air Force One. “He prays every day. He communicates with his religious adviser every single day. There’s a group of pastors that he takes counsel from on a regular basis. His faith is very important to him, but it’s not something that’s a topic of conversation every single day.” Burton added that Obama has talked “extensively” about his faith and that “you can bet he’ll talk about his faith again.” But “making sure Americans know what a devout Christian he is” is not Obama’s top priority, he said.

www.politico.com...

edit on 3-4-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
So you don't believe Obama is actually a christian as he claims?

What does it mean to be a Christian???

By who's standards???

What difference is there between someone who calls themselves a Christian and someone who IS a Christian??? Does something actually signify or change that is apparent to anyone???

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

lots of hail marys and our fathers

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I think you are confusing Christianity with Judaism

Try a logical understanding, you confuse people with your simple and wrong understanding

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
here's a question for you to ponder if you wish....
we have christianity, with it's many branches, of which dominionism is one, of which I do believe Cruz practices.. well, what if we consider satanism and luciferianism as just another branch? I mean you have to believe in satan and lucifer to follow them right? and I do believe that hindus have their own set of evil dieties, so well, anyone wishing to go to the dark side within their belief system certainly wouldn't call themselves satanists would they? what about all those on these boards who probably have spent more time studying the bible than the actual christians have, just to use it to debunk the faith... they are investing a great deal of time, and energy into their endeavor. I would say that the satanist, the luciferianism, as well as those debunkers are just another branch of that christian religion, deciding to play on the side of that darker alter-ego of the christian god. but they are doing their part in playing out the christian drama.

As I've said before, I believe there are many gods, one GOD, but many gods, and all of these are under the domain of the same god...the christian god... and even though some may believe that they have broken free of that god, well, they haven't. GOD sits above those gods, and his presence is often hidden even to them, so much so that these gods will believe that they are GOD. most of us find ourselves playing out the dramas of the gods, myself included.
So can a politician be a christian, heck ya, he just might not be on the branch as you are, but he's part of the same tree!
edit on 3-4-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
All politicians worship the Mammon (money). True Christians have faith in Christ Messiah.

Its basically one or the other. If a Christian politician was truthful then he would have ordered all companies on the 'gravy train' in the White House to give back their billions to the people. Similar to when Jesus went ballistic in the local bank.

No politicians have the balls to be real men to do this so there is the proof that they all follow the Mammon.
edit on 3-4-2016 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Thats a good question.
Maybe we should ask the pope.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

No really... All the secrets and everything none of these guys are really Christians. I mean Ted Cruz is running on this Christian platform as the new pope and he's a senator! You know he's involved in seen or heard of something that if he was truly Christian he would tell his constituency about right?

So that alone should be enough for people to realize that these guys are totally full of # right?

m.christianpost.com...

In the article here you'll see a quote with Cruz stating that Christianity shouldn't be used as a tool for political gain. Hah what a joke...

Jeez these guys disgust me. I bet he hired a pastor to write that for him and rehearsed that 5000 times.

Man these people make me sick.

How far do you take that question? why just politics, everybody on the earth contributes to the downfall of humanity when they conform to the system.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

How can you be a devout Christian and a politician at the same time?

You cannot!
You can be a hypocrite and vain and Faithless and a liar and dishonest and greedy and selfish..., like most pretend 'social Xtians' (really atheists), but not a Jesus 'Xtian'!!

There is a sure way to spot a real Xtian;

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!
edit on 3-4-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I would suggest the question is how can one be devout christian and be politician for the people of the people?

A devout christian would of course simply use their position as a politician to further their religions agenda and to hell with whatever else the electorate wants her/him to do.

top topics

join