It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Time is Right for the Libertarian Party

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Hehe... only you can figure out the path you need to walk..

Me well.. I am a special kind of stupid I will probably beat my head against the wall trying till they load me into a cattle car as a dissident ... or a die of old age whichever comes first.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

Gary Johnson does not have the Libertarian nomination. There are other candidates trying for it.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Great point. My apologies for implying he had it sewn up.

In fact, the first nationally televised Libertarian Debate will be broadcast tonight at 9pm ET on Fox Business Channel.

There are two other candidates participating Austin Petersen and John Mcafee.

I only mentioned Johnson because I am more familiar with him.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slave2theTruth
The Time is Right for the Libertarian Party

Yes.

Any time is right for that.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Agreed again.

What I meant was that, with the 2 major parties both cracking up to some degree internally and ignoring a large portion of their voters, the time is right for the Libertarian Party to actually breakthrough, get noticed and maybe gain some traction.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Libertarians ineluctably never attract more than 3 or 4 percent of the voters, if that. The wacky economics and cheezy melodrama tend to do them in. However, I must say that Gary Johnson is an upbeat, charming chap. I wish him well.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lunatux

What is wacky about removing the income tax and corporate taxes?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: lunatux

Libertarians ineluctably never attract more than 3 or 4 percent of the voters, if that. The wacky economics and cheezy melodrama tend to do them in. However, I must say that Gary Johnson is an upbeat, charming chap. I wish him well.

"cheezy melodrama"? Examples please.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think Gary Johnson could see some serious growth this time around. One poll I saw he was in double digits against Clinton and Trump. People who are fed up with the Clintons and don't like Trump need a place to go. Right now that is Bernie Sanders and Gary Johnson. As soon as Bernie loses the nomination those supporters are going to have to rally behind some candidate, and many of them do not like Clinton. Plus Sanders already said he wouldn't run 3rd party.

Go Gary!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: asmall89

It's sad watching this debate but invigorating. So much better than Trump,Hillary,Kasich, Cruz or Bernie.

It was a lot more logical and rational compared to the GOP or DNC.
No childish name calling. No minority scapegoating. No talk of building a wall. No classified emails and stand-downs.
These candidates are so much better than the two-party cartel.

Petersen and McAfee just knocked it out of the park.
edit on 1-4-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

edit on 1-4-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: spelling

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I don't get this. This is the guy that has the actual ideas for change in this country yet this thread is empty.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
I don't get this. This is the guy that has the actual ideas for change in this country yet this thread is empty.

The two party cartel has a near monopoly on media exposure. It is really hard to get major exposure without the big 5(ABC,NBC,CBS,Fox,Viacom) putting you on network TV.

Most americans are libertarians but they think they are Demo-Publicans.
edit on 2-4-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If we wind up with Clinton and Trump I will vote 3rd party I hope Gary gets the nomination. I don't know if he has a chance at winning the election because there are too many R & D Kool Aid drinkers but if he gets 5% of the vote then the next election it will not be a 2 party system we will have a 3rd.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Libertarianism is both a very old idea and one that changes policies with the wind.

I'm curious about the form it has taken recently... is it neoclassic libertarianism or what?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Trump or Clinton or Johnson or McAfee

Hmm?

Libertarian choice every time from now on.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join