It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow Times -- History of UFO Studies in Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The 'Moscow Times' today has an in-depth story on the sad history of Russian UFO studies, and quotes extensively from my work and comments. Most spectacular Soviet 'UFOs' were misperceived military space and missile events, and the Soviet regime was delighted that people misidentified them. But I've always suspected that US intelligence agencies fully realized they were clues to the performance and reliability of Soviet space-related weapons systems, hence their intense interest in 'Soviet UFO reports' and their hope that Moscow news media would keep cluelessly publishing all the reports. .

www.themoscowtimes.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Interesting indeed, thanks for posting.

As someone who views these reports with a more scientific approach, I have always entertained strong suspicions that misidentified aircraft really were in fact military hardware - may it be aircrafts, or experiments involving visible spectrum EMF.

I am not saying that such explanation apply to ALL unidentified flying object sightings - I am just pointing out that the majority of UFO are most probably of more mundane origins.

edit on 31-3-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The "jelly-fish" picture is interesting. There have been reports in France and of other places in Russia where explorers would approach a particular area of land, only to see something rise out of the ground like a jellyfish and disappear.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

The jellyfish shape is strangely reminiscent of smoke rings:

Something to consider.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Nice link. Good to see Felix Zeigler in there. I remember reading his 'secret' report and finding some cases intriguing. Then he went on a mathematical tear-up and attributed speeds and power sources with a certainty that belied the anecdotal reports. His explanations and assertions exceeded the data - he overreached.

When it made its conclusions in 1990, the official results of The Network's 13-year inquiry into UFOs concluded that there was no substantive evidence of alien visitation. Just 300 of the 3,000 or so cases they investigated from 1978 to 1990 were considered legitimately anomalous.

'No substantive evidence of alien visitation' pretty much reflects the findings of every UFO sightings project I can think of. Likewise, the 'legitimately anomalous' outliers appear in all the studies I know of.

The thing that matters is that someone, somewhere took the time to record the reports and look for explanations. You and I will disagree about the value of the 'legitimately anomalous' and that's cool, right?

In the same way Ziegler put me off by overreaching, the writer of the article put me off with the 'little green men' title and referencing 'true believers.' It's been years since I saw someone use 'little green men' and we both know what's meant by 'true believers.'

Whatever, it's good to see you referenced in there. You're a polarising guy, I disagree with you sometimes and value what you do.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Someone posted this on facebook not sure if its real .

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CVMD2000
Someone posted this on facebook not sure if its real .

Of course its real. Why wouldnt it be? Most common aircrafts are real.

top topics

join