It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Perfect Banking Storm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

They're not setting US fiscal policy, they're setting policy for the rules banks agree to adhere to. It's international because if it weren't, no agreement would be possible between say Chinese, European, and US banks. The reason to try and hold everyone to the same standards is that doing otherwise opens the door for a bank to increase risk, undercut everyone, and create another major crisis. The idea is that an international group is going to be more conservative and less likely to trigger a recession/depression.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

They set our policy.

People from Around the world made recommendations and we followed them.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Following someones recommendations does not mean the person who recommended it is setting policy, it means they made a suggestion that makes sense to those that do set policy.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I bet leverage was involved.

Do you really believe they have honest intentions?

because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/2/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I bet leverage was involved.

Do you really believe they have honest intentions?

because: (no reason given)

Most people in charge aren't altruistic but they're not malevolent either. They generally want to make the world a better place in some way but they want to make some money in the process.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I agree with that statement. In addition I'd say someone's idea of how to make the world better may clash with another's. Even further how one imagines things unfolding and how they actually do can be quite different. The best of us seem to be trying to unmuck their own "good work" more than laying new foundations which will inevitably become corrupted.
edit on 2-4-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I think a lot of people are just coming to grips with the fact that politicians don't want justice, they want power, and will sell out their constituency into perpetual debt slavery to get it and keep it, every time. I can honestly say I don't trust anyone who wants to hold office anymore. They are actors. Actors who aren't even paid that well for their current job. Their real pay comes later when they've done their time doing the bidding of the deal-making class.

It's sobering.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join