It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops take down a knife weilding idiot !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Depending on which country you are from watch how a poor third world country handles someone either drunk or high and out of their mind...

I doubt he would have lived in many places in America after the first faint or charge.
youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Looks fake to me.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Well if that's real that's amazing if it works.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It's a drill. He gives up way too easy.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It's a drill. He gives up way too easy.

Actually it is a real training exercise you are correct.. Some of you guys are super sharp... This happened in Khon Kean Thailand. I to thought it was the real deal but started checking and NOPE it was a training exercise !! Oh well sorry about that !

Many people who grew up in the country have been throwing fishing nets since they we very small kids.. I guess that is why I bought into it hook line and sinker !!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It was a well done exercise, but the man stops struggling as soon as he hits the ground to avoid injury, a real assailant would keep struggling. I have to take people down for my job sometimes, so maybe why I caught it.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

hook line and sinker

AAAAHHHHGGGGG

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

So your telling me there are other ways to stop a person drunk, high, insane, & suicidal other than unloading a clip into them? I'm just simply astonished a First World country like U.S. hasn't adopted this...(sarcasm end)

Net Blasters? There has to be an application for police to use. Drawing guns shouldn't always be the first choice against a knife. If you haven't been trained enough by your law enforcement to handle a deranged knife wielder, then you shouldn't hold a gun.

I'm glad to see this practice/ training in Thailand.

Good Find.

Regards,

SK

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

So your telling me there are other ways to stop a person drunk, high, insane, & suicidal other than unloading a clip into them? I'm just simply astonished a First World country like U.S. hasn't adopted this...(sarcasm end)

Net Blasters? There has to be an application for police to use. Drawing guns shouldn't always be the first choice against a knife. If you haven't been trained enough by your law enforcement to handle a deranged knife wielder, then you shouldn't hold a gun.

I'm glad to see this practice/ training in Thailand.

Good Find.

Regards,

SK

Thanks for the reply but something to consider about Thai police.. When they are out and about with some free time yet still on duty instead of heading to a coffee/donuts shop some no doubt head to the local lake with their nets... (joke.. OK not that good, but it was the first thing I thought about..)

The whole unload a mag into someone has always been over kill IMO.. If we as CHL's did that we would be prosecuted for no telling how many laws they could issue and find against us even if we were the ones being attacked by some dude with a knife or a fork...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

CHL's?

I agree, the law is one sided. The system should find safer ways to prevent gun drawing as the first reaction. And I also believe that law enforcement should be tested Yearly both mentally and physically with no exceptions.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Spoken like someone with zero understanding of tactical situations.

I recommend studying up on what actually happens during a knife attack.

I see a knife and one of two things happen:

1. I will run away. I will put as much physical distance between me and the knife as I can.

2. If I cannot run away I will draw my firearm. If commands to drop the knife and become compliant are not followed and the knife weilding maniac is still a threat I will open fire and stop that threat.

I'm not getting stabbed to death and slashed for the sake of a misguided notion that somehow knives are less dangerous than a gun.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Do not assume I "speak" with misunderstanding for me, Ever. I have been trained in defensive skills, knife defense is one of them (let me know if you want me to elaborate on this in detail --> we can discuss it thru the personal messages). So 0? I think not.

In a knife fight, the winner bleeds a little. The looser bleeds out. So lets get you off your high horse there buddy.

I applaud you for your first reaction. Running is O K.
And give you a
for drawing your weapon and killing the individual as your second. As i first posted --> Killing a person drunk, high, insane, & suicidal is wrong. Your playing into their hand for the latter. (so let's stay on topic there pal) I see your in the military or posing for recruitment
this isn't a battle field we are discussing, It has to deal with citizens being killed by poorly trained police.

Sorry you think i have a "misguided notion" that knives are safer than guns. (I explained that i have received training, which should bring to light my notion of any weapon is dangerous...)

I don't want you to get stabbed to death. You don't have to place yourself in that situation if you do not want to. But if you are willing to be hired & paid to protect people. I would recommend building your skills so that you may never have to take a life. And that is why i think this Net Blaster would be wise investment for police force to use, I would feel happier my tax dollars are being spent on life prevention methods, instead of unloading clip after clip. Of course there is always a gun wielding narcissist who will disagree.

Regards,

SK

edit on st51Thu, 31 Mar 2016 08:51:52 -0500K201635231am3 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The backup looked a bit slow to get involved, they hung back while one guy went after the knife hand when they should have overwhelmed him together once the net went on.

Have never been involved in police or military but have worked security, I dunno if I'd be happy to put my faith in a team that hesitant.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Yeah.

If it presents a deadly threat and I can't get away I will use deadly force.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

What are the odds of a team of shield wielding agents being on scene and ready the moment the knife is drawn?

new topics

top topics

join