It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE: Ohio Election Challenge Dismissed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The Ohio Supreme Court finally put an end to any speculation as to whether George W. Bush would officially become President of the United States. There had been many accusations of voter fraud in Ohio that lead to this suit being filed in an attempt to overturn the certified vote totals. Somewhat like what happened in 2000, these accusations had left many people in the U.S. unsure of the final outcome of the November, 2004 presidential elections.

www.cnn.com
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- The Ohio Supreme Court on Wednesday dismissed a challenge from voters to the presidential election in light of last week's certification of the electoral vote and the upcoming inauguration.

A lawyer for the plaintiffs, a group of 37 voters, had moved Tuesday to drop the lawsuit, saying it is now moot. The high court agreed without comment to dismiss it.

Alleging fraud, the suit had asked the court to examine several problems with voting procedures in the hopes of overturning President Bush's victory in the state.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is my hope that this news will be key in finally getting those upset with the election results to move on with their lives and their politics. People that agree with the election of George Bush want to get to work on what they feel needs to be done during the next four years. People upset with the results can better spend their energies in preparing for the next election in 2008 than in continuing to rehash what has already happened.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Excellent news...but you mean George W. Bush not George H.W. Bush, that's the former president, his father.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think this was dismissed way too quickly.........Timken is the world's largest manufacturer of tapered roller bearings and mechanical seamless steel tubing. A huge steel compnay that had major ties to the people in Canton, Ohio. Furthermore, Canton is in Stark County, which historically has been a good indicator as to how the state of Ohio will look.....Red or Blue. This past year, Timkin closed the Canton plant as well as two others in Ohio, putting 1,300 high payed families in the unemployment line. This, despite Bush highlighting an economic plan at this very Timken plant......

"In April 2003, President Bush visited the Timken Co. in Canton to give an economic policy speech before hundreds of Timken line workers, administrators, and the company’s chief executive officer, Tim Timken. In the last three years, 222,600 Ohioans have lost their jobs; 155,000 of them in the manufacturing industry, the Democrats noted. The Timken closing represents 27% of Stark County employment, they added.

In his appearance in Canton, Bush hailed Timken’s 10% increase in worker productivity. In April the corporation reported first-quarter results of a 63% increase in earnings per share and record quarterly sales of $1.1 billion. While announcing its plans to close three plants in Ohio that employ third- and fourth-generation workers, Timken is building a fourth plant in China, the congressmen said." Link right here And Here

Summed up, Timken up and bailed on Ohio, despite already increasing profits to manufacture in China where the cost is concievably cheaper. This would have had a major impact on Ohio impressions of the Bush Administration and, as evidenced, the recent election. I find it to be very interesting that Bush carried Ohio when he lost Stark - unusual. The issue is taken to task here.

I'm just suggesting that the investigation was dismissed too quickly. Circumstances didn't favor Bush.

Edit: Spelling and Link Clarification

[edit on 27-1-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
They are interesting findings, for which I initially did not see the conection.

Walden O'Dell & Kenneth Blackwell also have much to answer for. They can look forward to a few years of corrupt benefits, in the interim.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Link

Interesting what a quick search will yield.......hardly definitive but worthy of note.........Quote from above link: "I am committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year," wrote Mr. O'Dell, whose company is based in Canton, Ohio."

The Diebold Co. is located in the same city as the former Timken plant. I'm not saying it means anything, but it is a strange coincedence......

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The quote from O'Dell is one of the oldest pieces of evidence indicating conflict of interest and corruption, that raised red flags about the integrity of the program of voting machine sales in many states as well as other specific involvements of Mr O'Dell in Ohio.

Somewhere at ATS on one of last year's (or the year before) election fraud topics I posted an animated cartoon of O'Dell as a Simpsons Mr Burns lookalike and his new weapon Arnie... it's good and filled with mirth, but I am too lazy to find it again and I am told we are under attack.

Probably www.toostupidtobepresident.com

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
The quote from O'Dell is one of the oldest pieces of evidence indicating conflict of interest and corruption, that raised red flags about the integrity of the program of voting machine sales in many states as well as other specific involvements of Mr O'Dell in Ohio.

Good to know. I'm new to the party.

Probably www.toostupidtobepresident.com

Cool Link.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
BANSHEE why are you editing ANOTHERS work?

BANSHEEs are ghosts in IRELAND!

I hear my grandfather, had a plot of land on the FARM called the BOG!

They would not TREAD on it!

"Caught up in the CROSSFIRE", Stevie Ray Vaughn... You might want to stay off FOX!!!

Stevie Ray re-made a song, THUNDERBIRD!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
On the forum page where it lists "last post" I noticed fourth horseman had replied to this thread..............but I can't see the post!! Is this only me?!!?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Pater noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nosta sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in TENTATIONEM, sed libera nos a MALO.

Amen.

Didache's tradition of reciting it?? Anyone????

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
So let me understand here, the Supreme court of the state ALL are Bu#es, the people that own large corporations that are in the voting business are also in on the secret...the pollsters are part of a plans to steal ohio? There are just too many nessisary to be involved to keep

Like a secret involving SOO many people would be able to be kept secret.
Its over, and much like the US commision on human rights report on the 2000 election, Bush didnt steal either one.

top topics

join