It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of the Sphinx

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The Signs and Constellations were first designed and named; then, the pictures were drawn around them respectively. Then the truth was enshrined and written in the heavens where no human hand could touch it. In later years, when Israel came into the possession of the written scriptures of truth, there was no longer any need for the more ancient writing in the heavens. Hence, the original teaching gradually faded away, and the heathen, out of the smattering they had heard by tradition, evolved their cosmogonies and mythologies. Share what you know about the stars.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: newnature1

OK i`ll bite, what in the good lords name does this have to do with any mystery of the sphinx???

Am i totally missing something here?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Personally I think ancient man sitting around campfires recognized Star patterns they visualized then later oral stories of who they were and what they meant came next. Followed much later when the written word came about were finally written down.

All predating the Israelite and Bible by possibly a few hundred thousand years.

Heathens?

I dunno bout dat.

How many people have been slaughtered in the name of god?

edit on 28-3-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Personally I think ancient man sitting around campfires recognized Star patterns they visualized then later oral stories of who they were and what they meant came next. Followed much later when the written word came about were finally written down.

All predating the Israelite and Bible by possibly a few hundred thousand years.

Heathens?

I dunno bout dat.

How many people have been slaughtered in the name of god?

Seems a story about the stars was known, because some people built the Sphinx in order to show where to start reading the story in the stars.

Religion slaughtered a bunch of people in the name of their religion. The roots of religion can be traced back to the Tower of Babel.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: fenian8

OK i`ll bite, what in the good lords name does this have to do with any mystery of the sphinx???

I agree totally.. what does this have to do with the Sphinx or any Mystery of it?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat

I agree totally.. what does this have to do with the Sphinx or any Mystery of it?

The mystery of Sphinx is where to start reading the stars. The head of the Sphinx tells to start with Virgo. The tail of a loin of the Sphinx tells the stars end with Leo.
edit on 28-3-2016 by newnature1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

The Sphinx, the Greek word means 'to join' because it binds together the two ends of this circle of the heavens. The sphinx was invented as a memorial. It had the head of a woman and the body and tail of a lion, to tell us that this story written in the heavens, began with the sign Virgo and will end with the sign Leo.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: newnature1

The mystery of Sphinx is where to start reading the stars. The head of the Sphinx tells to start with Virgo. The tail of a loin of the Sphinx tells the stars end with Leo.

What if ? the Sphinx is much much older than is being stated and was recarved from something else thousands of years ago .

Add in precession and the fact the head is not in proportion to the body and this from master builders ?

Many academics have speculated that the Sphinx may be hundreds of thousands of years old as much as 800.000 years and add all the scull dugery that has gone on on the Giza plateau in the last 150 years alone .

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

What if ? the Sphinx is much much older than is being stated and was recarved from something else thousands of years ago .

Add in precession and the fact the head is not in proportion to the body and this from master builders ?

Many academics have speculated that the Sphinx may be hundreds of thousands of years old as much as 800.000 years and add all the scull dugery that has gone on on the Giza plateau in the last 150 years alone .

It couldn't be that old. What is cool about the story of those stars is that it has be fulfill. But before that story was fulfilled, the story in the stars was the human race's hope. Why build a Sphinx in Egypt though, was it built before Joseph was their. I hear a different kind of people were there before the well known Egypt's?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

What does that pile under the lion's tail tell us?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

In ancient legends and scripture stories persist worldwide about the Earth moving from it's orbit , and in the tomb of Ramesses 5th a picture of the sky is tottaly different than it should be for the time .

The mystery of Egypt is how a race appeared and within a small period of time became so great in all the sciences almost as if they stumbled into the ruins of a much older race who had vanished or been wiped out .

The Time machine movie and the original book covers are very revealling to me about what H.g Wells may have known and how his grandson directed the remake but changed the mushroom cloud to the Moon breaking up being the cause of humanitys fall from grace

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

What does that pile under the lion's tail tell us?

It tells us that the great usurper lost the war. The best the great usurper can do today is kept sin an issuer, you see religion doing that. Maybe that pile is religion?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

In ancient legends and scripture stories persist worldwide about the Earth moving from it's orbit , and in the tomb of Ramesses 5th a picture of the sky is tottaly different than it should be for the time .

The mystery of Egypt is how a race appeared and within a small period of time became so great in all the sciences almost as if they stumbled into the ruins of a much older race who had vanished or been wiped out .

The Time machine movie and the original book covers are very revealling to me about what H.g Wells may have known and how his grandson directed the remake but changed the mushroom cloud to the Moon breaking up being the cause of humanitys fall from grace

The earths axes did move, the poler star is a different one today than back in them days?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

In later years, [...], there was no longer any need for the more ancient writing in the heavens.

The records above will be always needed and kept in their proper place. Some are not even allowed to be taken out of the library, let alone heaven.

Think about when Paul or John said they heard things they were not allowed to write down or discuss. Some things are not for here.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhill76

In later years, [...], there was no longer any need for the more ancient writing in the heavens.

The records above will be always needed and kept in their proper place. Some are not even allowed to be taken out of the library, let alone heaven.

Think about when Paul or John said they heard things they were not allowed to write down or discuss. Some things are not for here.

Paul got to see where the body of Christ is going to be after they are lifted off the earth. John got to see some cool stuff too, I wonder what those seven thunders said.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Many academics have speculated that the Sphinx may be hundreds of thousands of years old as much as 800.000 years...

Ignorant and uneducated people may speculate on such. Gullible people who blindly believe the lies of fringe authors may speculate on such. You[/I] may speculate on such. Academics, scholars, and those with a general education, however, do not speculate on such ridiculous and patently false ideas.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Many academics have speculated that the Sphinx may be hundreds of thousands of years old as much as 800.000 years...

Ignorant and uneducated people may speculate on such. Gullible people who blindly believe the lies of fringe authors may speculate on such. You[/I] may speculate on such. Academics, scholars, and those with a general education, however, do not speculate on such ridiculous and patently false ideas.

No one knew there was a story to be told in the stars until Genesis 3:15.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Something sphinx like it came from a sphinxter.

But why do these woo-woo aficionados think that everything is everything else?

edit on 28/3/2016 by chr0naut because: There, fixed the dangling italics.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Wow where to begin AdmireTheDistance where to begin . There is such a thing as thinking out of the box by scholars , but get on the wrong side of the Official story and bye bye grants and job .

Nobody knows 100 % nobody it is all speculation at the end of the day anything else is chutzpah !

The official story changes every now and then for what ever reason maybe all the work in Cairo that goes on in the dark of night and the Army in Egypt builds walls to keep out who ? .

The great Hawass changed his mind on things like i change my socks

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Ignorant and uneducated people may speculate on such. Gullible people who blindly believe the lies of fringe authors may speculate on such. You may speculate on such. Academics, scholars, and those with a general education, however, do not speculate on such ridiculous and patently false ideas.

You ended the italics around the word "You" with an L not an i and so every time someone quotes you, it puts their post all in italics.

Easy enough mistake to make but you may wish to edit your post.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join