It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I walked through the gates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The old man looked down and saw a great city, a giant guardian stood guard with an axe and a shield at the big city gates..
I looked around and the only thing i saw was dead trees, sour water and piles of dead creatures born in the wild.. You heard the joy inside but saw the suffering outside.. " You see how they are when they think all the dragons are gone?" The old man stated with a question ;" They live like they are Gods of their own creation " He looked up in the sky ;" Once we gave them hope, once we gave them a choice and this is what theyve done, they call it the last hope for humanity " His hand clenched.. I stood up, called my dog and he waged his tail.. I started to climb down the mountain and stood outside the big city walls.. The giant guardian seven feet tall, looked at me and said.. " You will not enter " The people outside laughed and pointed fingers and " Look at the beggar clothed man and his dirty dog! " The guardian started also laughing and aimed a kick but nearly missed.. The guardian laughed even harder and said " This is Zion, look at you, garbage " My dog growled, and the guardian swung.. Before he struck, i turned him into dust.. And walked into the gates of Sion, the laughter of turned to cries, and joy turned to fear.. And i shut the doors behind me and said.. "Only the righteous will leave" and i let go of the leash..
edit on 27-3-2016 by AldarKose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
NM
edit on 3 27 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

know i get why the psychoanalyzing turns up totally f******

Is a prison a prison for you or for those confined in the prison WITH YOU? I like the way you think. Would you believe me if I said that the dog was your hunger and the guardian your hate? WOULD you believe that the people were your own mirror in reflection and the laughter your own begging?

I wanted to write a story that was mystic and mythic, reference to ancient myths.. and use the uncanny character of a trickster in folk lore..

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
gone
edit on 3 27 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

It seems people have a tendency to follow a story of magic and horse**** than using actual facts, its gives them answers by just saying magic.. And well you know, science was sorcery once..

So by using stories people can relate to with tv-shows and movies.. I think it becomes like a "dreamcatcher"

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: AldarKose

I liked it. I wanted to share what it inspired in me.

My response was not actually about you.

I hope you dont feel it was wasted.

I love stories like this.

Here I will remove my post. and after 3 minutes will remove this one

4 minutes, and I will be gone forever

3 minutes, and I will be gone forever

No leave it, i enjoy an honest opinion, to bad more couldnt do the same..

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Is it weird that I only want to know more about the dog?
It made me think about our old dog, Cerberus. A big Rottie, only one head though. Cerberus was the 3 headed dog that guarded the gates of hell. Kept the souls in.
Sounded like some of those in the great city didn't belong there.

My current dog looks a little bit like a hellhound mated with Marmaduke when she's in a playful mood...

Decent writing for sure, you need to name the dog 🐾🐾

new topics

top topics

join