It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Two Party System Is worse Than You Think...How They Take Your Money With Nothing To Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
We all squabble about politics here at ATS- left, right, Dem, GOP, Liberal, Conservative...it will probably go on forever. While many if us have perfectly valid points and our bickering is somewhat justified, the fact remains that the two party system is a con job.

We are currently in the midst of perhaps the most heated primary races ever. It is apparent to anybody with half a brain that each party is intent on naming whom they wish to represent the party in the Presidential race, the will of the people be damned. Of course this is totally legal, and in my opinion, acceptable. It is their party, after all. What is not acceptable is the fact that these primary elections are all funded with taxpayer dollars.

How much arrogance and disregard for the people does it take for these parties to have publicly funded elections that matter not in the long run? Why do WE THE PEOPLE allow it to continue? Why is this rarely, if ever mentioned? Millions upon Millions of dollars spent for what could amount to nothing more than a dog and pony show! To me this is the biggest outrage ever committed in US election history.
edit on 26-3-2016 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2016 by Arizonaguy because: Typos

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

A multi-million man armed march on Capitol Hill when congress is in session, and just root them all out and hand them all pink slips would be the ticket. Then hold a grand jury hearing defining their criminality and abuse of the constitution, then hold emergency elections to elect all new people over a period of time would be one way.

I don't think they would allow it and would fight, so it would turn into a blood bath. They and we would still lose. But it would be a final declaration of freedom and would be justified.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

A multi-million man armed march on Capitol Hill when congress is in session, and just root them all out and hand them all pink slips would be the ticket. Then hold a grand jury hearing defining their criminality and abuse of the constitution, then hold emergency elections to elect all new people over a period of time would be one way.

I don't think they would allow it and would fight, so it would turn into a blood bath. They and we would still lose. But it would be a final declaration of freedom and would be justified.

Yeah, like that is going to happen. Maybe when people get good and hungry, but I ain't holding my breath.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Hey, I'm all for breaking the 2 party system. The real question is how?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

It's not the two party system that concerns me here. Neither is it the fact that both parties can seemingly alter their rules at any time before the convention to get a result that can differ from the voters. What concerns me is the fact that the taxpayer is on the hook for the bill for these primaries for private political parties, and even though they pay their vote has little if no bearing on the results. IMO the parties should pay for the primaries.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Don't you guys still have the green party ?
It's Jill Stein who is running ahead atm.
Cynthia McKinney would be great at the foreign office imo.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Great point. Why pay for something we dont matter in?

Its like going to a restaurant to eat, but getting food ordered for you that you dont want, and then not even being allowed to eat it.

Then you get the bill.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Isn't it funny, all these months later, to know that the taxpayers paid for Democrat party primaries, and a winner was already chosen? While we are investigating the " Russian Connection ", why don't we investigate the deliberate wasting of taxpayer money for a dog and pony show?

top topics

join