It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Johan Cruyff has died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
For those who know him he was a great soccer player in our history there's only dutch news about this , but what I know he suffered lung cancer.

Netherlands, Ajax and Barcelona legend Johan Cruyff has died at the age of 68.

Cruyff, a three-time Ballon d'Or winner, had been fighting lung cancer but said last month he was feeling "very positive" after undergoing treatment. 

However, it was announced on Thursday that he had lost his battle.

news source
But I ways got the idea he was recovering from this ,as that was his own statement about it months ago.

Damn that really does something to me.. alway thought he one day would lead our country that desired victory of the world cup..

edit on 0b41America/ChicagoThu, 24 Mar 2016 07:52:41 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 24 Mar 2016 07:52:41 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I remember my old football teacher at school taking us all out the perfect the Cruijff Turn back at school, we had to keep going until we got it!

The Cruijff Turn (also spelled Cruyff Turn outside the Netherlands) is an evasive football move that was named after Dutch footballer Johan Cruijff.[1] To do this move, Cruijff would look to pass or cross the ball. Instead of kicking it, he would drag the ball behind his planted foot with the inside of his crossing foot, turn through 180 degrees, and accelerate away from the defender.[2] This feint was executed by Cruijff in the 1974 FIFA World Cup, first being seen in the Netherlands' match against Sweden where he outwitted Swedish defender Jan Olsson.[3] The move was soon widely copied by other players around the world.[4] It remains one of the most commonly used dribbling tricks in the modern game.[5]

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

He indeed had same great moves and goals .
But he never wanted to coach our national team.

I think because our harsh way of criticizing his way of coaching.

But I never gave up believing he one would do so..
That day sadly never will come now.

It will be a sad year for us , no worldcup and the loss of Johan. .

edit on 0b40America/ChicagoThu, 24 Mar 2016 08:28:40 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 24 Mar 2016 08:28:40 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
A footballing legend and highly regarded as one of the best players of all time.. And certainly of his generation..
. Rip Mr cruyff you will always be remembered as a sporting legend..

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
RIP Johan Cruijff, another living legend gone.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
A footballing legend and highly regarded as one of the best players of all time......

R.I.P. ⚽

new topics

top topics

join