It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Tihange nuclear power plant in Belgium has been evacuated

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: intrptr

I thought the increased security was because they had caught Jihadi's scoping out the home of one of the Nuclear Plant bosses?

According to the 'rumor mill' the military occupied the plant last friday and the attack occurred yesterday. Sooo, one would tend to project it was a response to some forewarning of todays attack than a response to the "older videotaping'" of a nuclear plant executive.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm sure i remember there being drones being sighted at Nuclear plants in both France and Belgium, at that point my inclination was that they were being scoped as potential sites for terrorism.

Drone spotted at Belgian nuclear site.
edit on 22-3-2016 by mclarenmp4 because: Added link

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So it's leaking... again? Surprise, surprise!

"As we approach the fourth anniversary of the Fukushima-daiichi nuclear disaster, evidence has emerged that demands immediate action to prevent another catastrophe. Thousands of previously unknown cracks in critical components of two reactors point to a potentially endemic and significant safety problem for reactors globally. Continuing to operate any reactor with such cracking would be an absolutely unacceptable risk to public safety. Greenpeace demands detailed inspections of all nuclear reactors worldwide, as conducted in Belgium, and the public release and scrutiny of the results. Any reactor with such cracking must be kept offline, until and unless the cracking is understood and safety is guaranteed. Anything less would be insane given the risk of a severe nuclear accident," continued Glorieux.

Thousands more cracks found in Belgian nuclear reactors, Belgian regulatory head warns of global implications

Yes. I'm waiting for them to melt the eff down any day now.

"We are setting up a special police unit for this sort of security task but that will take some time for it to be operational," the spokesman said, adding that the army would take over in the meantime.
In February, Belgian investigators searching houses linked to suspects in the Islamist militant attacks in Paris last November found a video tracking movements of a man linked to the country's nuclear industry.
The spokesman said there was no direct link between the discovery of the video and the decision to take the additional security measures.

Belgian army to protect nuclear sites: interior ministry

Lies and lies and more lies, as fricken usual.

We don't need any terrorists to actually kill ourselves with cracking reactors, regardless of Fukushima. Move the eff on, it's just the Muslims fault! And never research cancer-rates in the vicinity of those monsters, just don't ruin your day with facts.
Think about all this for a second and you'll know why some explosions in Brussels provided an excellent distraction in this very moment. Just saying... I'll keep an eye on this.

Thanks for the thread and greetings from the sparkling North-Sea!
edit on 22-3-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I think this was brought up earlier but had no idea it was reported a few days ago :S ty for the link!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seek_Truth

Energy utility Electrabel is evacuating Belgium's two nuclear power plants in the wake of Tuesday's terrorist attacks in Brussels.

Doel, made up of four reactors, and Tihange, with three are closed and all vehicles coming and going are subject to checks. "Employees who are not needed to run the two power plants are now leaving the sites," Politico EU reports, adding that "military arrived at the Tihange plant on Friday."

"Surveillance is stepped up with added security measures at nuclear plants," the Belga says. "Vehicles are being checked with police and army on site."

As AFP reminds us, "in February, investigators probing the Paris attacks found video footage of a senior Belgian nuclear official at the property of a key suspect."

Source

Looks preventative to me. I find it odd that the military arrived at the plant on Friday. Did they receive intel of an attack?

Cnn reporting that surveillance tapes of a top nuclear physicist were found in a house raided prompting concerns.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Remember what happend to ALL Japans reactors not long ago!
America make blow them up and in frabce.

Had a chinook helicopter fly towards birmingham uk to day.
not some thing you see normaly.
chinook helicopter is a heavy military transport.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

Yes I made a thread on it a month or 2 ago when the news was leaked but nobody really seemed to care about it

But with news of the abysmal state of repair this plant is in it would seem convenient if were to go into meltdown to blame it on terrorist attack to absolve any responsibility for the company in charge of it

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Could be training, not sure if you have an RAF base near you at all? I lived on one for years and saw chinooks every few months or so. It's when you see low flying Apaches you want to start worrying
Awesome sight though

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

This may be of interest to you

The cracks were found in the steel nuclear reactor pressure vessels in nuclear reactors Doel 3 and Tihange 2 in Belgium. The vessels contain highly radioactive nuclear fuel cores. The failure of these components can cause catastrophic nuclear accidents. On February 13th, two leading material scientists, Professor Walter Bogaerts and Professor Digby MacDonald, announced that the pervasive and unexpected cracking could be related to corrosion from normal operation, with potential implications for reactors worldwide.

Also I read about that physicist, apart from I've read that tapes were seized of him at a suspects house, but the police later said they were unrelated

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

But with news of the abysmal state of repair this plant is in it would seem convenient if were to go into meltdown to blame it on terrorist attack to absolve any responsibility for the company in charge of it

...then send the military and evacuate staff if you wanna cover up the whole mess. Oh. My. Gosh. This is a conspiracy theory!

Nah. We better trust our gubbermints. Because... ya know... it has waffles and they just found the last alleged terrorist from the Paris attacks in the same fricken suburb they were talking about for weeks now. Nope, those dumb ass terrorists don't follow the news or such, obviously.

Nothing suspicious about anything at all, just move the eff on and bring more waffles!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

They follow the religion of peace, not the religion of critical thinking.

I think we're safe from them having the logic to look at a news website/alternative forums online

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth You can make the point that everything in NYC on 9-11, 2001 AD, was only the diversion for the main thrust on Wash. D.C. But the patriots on Flight 93 upended all of this.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
A good opportunity for the Belgian royals, to check whether they can create their X-Man ubermensch soldiers by exposing children to the radiation. At least those children that make it to the power plant before the King decides is time for a fresh meat banquet, with "young blood".

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The King of Belgium is active in experimentation with nuclear radiation on children for the purpose of research on the Uebermensch ....

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Does King Philippe like the new HBO show Chernobyl ? Frankly it is quite odd !
Maybe there will be a new Chernobyl-like show though, thanks to outdated Belgian nuke plants which are way more Dangerous than the old Chernobyl reactors !
edit on 9-6-2019 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: conz1992

Could be an unaanounced training drill (a real one)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I would focus on that NPP, rather than focusing on Russian floating power plants or other NPPs which the imbecile EU claim are ready to blow up !!!
Of course this is all part of a strategy of anti development trick that the nobility in Belgium has always been striving for together as a single block with the EU, Belgium as a colonialist power, especially helped by Norway has been in the forefront of anti-nuclear movement.
Nuclear energy means , no more oil dependency for the development of Africa, no more dependency on the Dollar-LSE for electricity in Africa,
no more mass immigration to provoke and scare Europeans, no more olympian god-like arrogance of EU nobility !
edit on 24-7-2019 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's now been around 5 weeks that Belgian NPPs are leaking radiation at above normal rate ... the King ordered the media silenced , any journalist who talks about it, to be "disappeared" ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join