It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Found This Out, And It Ain't Good

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Sure, I don't have any details. It happens but I have no reason to believe this is BS. As you have stated and I'll follow through, though, I actually think the death penalty is more warranted in sex crimes.

To leave a victim behind to deal with this is much worse than death. Many wish they had been killed instead of dealing with this lasting pain.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Right, I assume this situation is legit - I just mean if it were taken to court, would a good case to follow through with ending someone's life. I believe life is sacred, but that a child's life is more so because of the innocence, and that rape in general is such a bad act that it should not be forgiven by society. Only the victim should have the right to forgive, we as a society cannot allow such heinous acts to go unpunished.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: upendrun

Reading grown man arguing about a girl being raped is even more disturbing

Why is that so disturbing? My loathing of a individual that has, allegedly I might add, raped a young woman so hurtful to you?

Have a good think about it

let me make it simple for you been raped twice and frankly now with that response I have nothing more to say your OP is a joke

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Aliensun, the issue with minors "consenting" to sex with adults, is that, as a society, we feel that children are not old/knowledgable/experienced enough in life to fully understand the implications. Further, adults can fairly easily manipulate children for these very reasons. So even if a "hot 30 year old" approached me for sex when I was 15 and I was 100% all for it, it would still be wrong. As much as 15-year-old me would have been very happy for the experience, 40-year-old me is glad I wasn't manipulated and used in this way by an older woman, as it would have most likely affected my later life in negative ways (i.e. viewing myself as little more than a toy for the detached pleasures of manipulative women.) No thanks.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

edit on 22-3-2016 by upendrun because: Wrong thread sorry op

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I wouldn't personally deem the forms of rape the same, though. Manipulation is vile, but I've not read it as being as intrusive, as traumatizing as a forced encounter. The age is going lower and lower for teens to do these things amongst themselves, and I don't personally think tacking a few years onto one side of the equation suddenly makes it a despicable and unforgivable act. Just my thought.

Not to say I find it okay, or that I think it should go unpunished in most situations, just that the punishment should be far less if a promiscuous teen consents compared to an innocent teen or younger does not.
edit on 22-3-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I hope they do something about the brother-in-law who was raping her. That will give the girl closure. She might need counseling.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I was abused between the ages of eight and sixteen by an older brother. I haven't spoken to him for almost a decade and would never reveal it to anyone in my life, my parents are older and not in the greatest of health so wouldn't want to put more stress on them, maybe after they pass. I did speak to the older Brother and asked why he did it and he gave me two BS excuses - He said: that he had the urges to do something, didn't have a girlfriend or someone he could do it to and didn't think it was that big of a deal and He didn't know why but he got off on the domination and control. He felt powerful doing what he did.

He never said he regretted it, apologised or said that he hated himself for doing it. And I do think that for part of it, it's about the control and feeling being dominant. I couldn't imagine living my life knowing that I'd done something to someone, I'd hate myself even thinking about it and yes it screwed me up but if I was honest and although I've yet to do so myself I'd go to the police. Him being on the lam is a mistake because he could find another victim and abuse them.

I only wish my younger self had the guts to say something at the time. fifteen years is a long time to report something that is barely even reported anymore. Name me the last guy you heard report being abused.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Dwoodward85 because: Spelling mistake

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

I'm guessing the sexual motivation started it. The feeling of power was a bonus. Prayers for the young girl.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: edit

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

, but an awful lot of legally prosecuted rapes are affairs between two individuals--I did not say "adults," that punish both parties.

I would say your numbers are skewed.

As for a fifteen year old, she is being raped by her parent. There is NO between the lines consentual for a child.
Dear god, where do people get these thoughts from.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Maybe you can call the girls school counselor. Her parents would never know that she is getting help. If she admits it to the counselor then the police would have to take action.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ckhk3

The cops do know about the guy. He's on the run and from what I last heard they are looking for him. I haven't been able to find out anything more as my co-worker is having surgery and out for a few days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join