It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flint Investigates Odd Break-In of Office That Holds Water Files

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Mystery still surrounds an unsolved December break-in at an executive office inside City Hall where Flint water files were kept.
As of Friday, March 18, there were still no suspects in the case, and officials say it may never be known what -- other than a TV -- was taken.
But the city's new police chief Tim Johnson says it's too suspicious that there was a break-in where important documents were kept, just as  investigations began heating up and decision makers were beginning to be held accountable.

Source

This is an update to the investigation launched last December. As predicted, someone is trying to hide something. Police chief Johnson goes on to say, “It was definitely an inside job. The power cord (to the TV), wasn't even taken. The average drug user knows that you'd need the power cord to be able to pawn it.”

No one had been assigned to the office at the time of the break in, but Johnson has reason to believe that it was “somebody that had knowledge of those documents that really wanted to keep them out of the right hands, out of the hands of someone who was going to tell the real story of what's going on with Flint water."

Flint Mayor Karen Weaver said documents were strewn about the room, and it is impossible to know if any of them were taken.

Gee, I don't know, why not start with any files pertaining to Flint's water municipalities? I mean, if everything was filed correctly, it must have a place and can be systematically returned to its original location.

City Hall surveillance footage shows someone walking away with a TV that was believed taken from the room, said Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton, but what's not clear is what else -- if anything -- was taken, or by whom.

Is it just me or does the Mayor Weaver seem less than proactive in trying to get to the bottom of this? She admits to the strangeness of the event, but is not jumping to conclusion. Well, just don't withhold so much judgement that you never come to a conclusion!

"They had to know what room to go into, I could just say that," she said.
Leyton said that because nobody knows exactly what documents were in there, no one knows if any are missing. No warrants were requested in the case.

"No one is able to say what was in the room where the TV was located," he said. "So, no one can say what was taken."
Weaver agreed.

"We don't know if papers or files were taken because papers were all over the floor," she said. "Maybe papers were taken, maybe they weren't. We just don't know."

At the moment, the break-in remains under investigation by Flint's local and state police. I'm at work at the moment and will investigate when I can, but is anyone interested in discovering the who, what and why of this obvious attempt at hiding the truth?

edit on 21-3-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Flintgate, the next political scandal of 2016

"We don't know if papers were taken"

and yet the floor had papers strewn all over - I would be willing to bet the perpetrators didn't just break in, make a mess and then leave - they came for something and I'm sure if they didn't find it they found something else that will serve a purpose

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Because water systems are so important, in Ontario Canada if a water system were allowed to go bad, the mayor/reeve and all town council members are held personally liable and subject to fines of 2 million dollars per day, 7 million per day if people get sick or die and five years in prison. Check your local laws as this is part of the agenda 21/sustainability crap and is probably in the US as well. There would be a rather personal reason for the mayor not being forthcoming.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/21.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Unfortunately, with the governor and everyone else, already under investigation, this will go one of two ways.

Someone stole some information, that will be "leaked" later on.

Someone stole some information, that was likely burned up. No proof, no charges for one of these idiots in charge.

I'm leaning toward the second one myself.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

i bet you are right - more likely scenario #2, evidence is destroyed and no one held accountable (that's the new thing with publicly-held positions in the US, isn't it?)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

This issue is going to bring the Big Ugly Axe down on countless heads in State and City government in Flint.

They're probably standing in line with crowbars to break into files in desperation to stay out of jail in some cases.

Massive harm already done due to woefully criminal negligence and corruption.

Scrambling to cover asses.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Unfortunately, with the governor and everyone else, already under investigation, this will go one of two ways.

Someone stole some information, that will be "leaked" later on.

Someone stole some information, that was likely burned up. No proof, no charges for one of these idiots in charge.

I'm leaning toward the second one myself.

I'd say you're probably on the right track, but there will be an external paper trail. Financial records for any outside water quality testing labs. Did any external labs get broken into? This kind of stuff is hard to hide when external contractors are involved.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

"We don't know if papers or files were taken because papers were all over the floor," she said. "Maybe papers were taken, maybe they weren't. We just don't know."

Wow - are we in the 12th century. Here in Australia any document comes in is dated stamped indexed and allocated to a file. The files are also 'movement recorded" so at any given time you know which Officer has the file. So there is an electronic "picture" of what documents are sitting with that file. How very convenient that there is no accountability. Why do you Americans even call such organizations "governments". These dens of thieves are like a local pub/tavern/bar run by the Mafia.

Is there no oversight, no standards? Why do you pay taxes or municipal charges. Like a boiling frog you sit there and take it.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

michaelmoore.com...

5 While They Were Being Poisoned, They Were Also Being Bombed. Here’s a story which has received little or no coverage outside of Flint. During these two years of water contamination, residents in Flint have had to contend with a decision made by the Pentagon to use Flint for target practice. Literally. Actual unannounced military exercises – complete with live ammo and explosives – were conducted last year inside the city of Flint.The army decided to practice urban warfare on Flint, making use of the thousands of abandoned homes which they could drop bombs on. Streets with dilapidated homes had rocket-propelled grenades fired upon them. For weeks, an undisclosed number of army troops pretended Flint was Baghdad or Damascus and basically had at it. It sounded as if the city was under attack from an invading army or from terrorists. People were shocked this could be going on in their neighborhoods. Wait – did I say “people?” I meant, Flint people. As with the Governor, it was OK to abuse a community that held no political power or money to fight back. BOOM!

6 The Wife of the Governor’s Chief of Staff Is a Spokeswoman for Nestle, Michigan’s Largest Owner of Private Water Reserves. As Deep Throat told Woodward and Bernstein: “Follow the money.” Snyder’s chief of staff throughout the two years of Flint’s poisoning, Dennis Muchmore, was intimately involved in all the decisions regarding Flint. His wife is Deb Muchmore, who just happens to be the spokesperson in Michigan for the Nestle Company – the largest owner of private water sourcesin the State of Michigan. Nestle has been repeatedly sued in northern Michigan for the 200 gallons of fresh water per minute it sucks from out of the ground and bottles for sale as their Ice Mountain brand of bottled spring water. The Muchmores have a personal interest in seeing to it that Nestles grabs as much of Michigan’s clean water was possible – especially when cities like Flint in the future are going to need that Ice Mountain.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

This issue is going to bring the Big Ugly Axe down on countless heads in State and City government in Flint.

They're probably standing in line with crowbars to break into files in desperation to stay out of jail in some cases.

Massive harm already done due to woefully criminal negligence and corruption.

Scrambling to cover asses.

Don't forget Detroit thats where the whole mess started. Flint had no choice.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Wow...overly-predictible television show-worthy! Also demonstrates that somebody knew exactly what they did was wrong and wad done knowingly!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

As soon as I saw your title Erin Brockovich instantly came to mind.
This will be interesting to follow a great mystery since we know
someone probably came for files.
I hope the people of Flint can fully recover from this mess.

Cheers
Ektar
edit on 2132016 by Ektar because: left out info

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I wonder if that mayor went to the same School of Lies and Obfuscation as Hillary did?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Sounds like they hired someone to steal the files so they wouldn't have to give them up.

Yes you do…

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
As the great Alonzo Harris once said "It's not what you know, It's what you can prove". That is from Training Day in case you didnt know.
edit on 21-3-2016 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I wonder if that mayor went to the same School of Lies and Obfuscation as Hillary did?

I thought that was a prerequisite to run for political office?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Thank you for bringing this to light again here. I remember it being reported here on ATS when these exercises were ongoing. There was video of troops on Flint streets and everything.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I find this one of the saddest stories of my time for america. The deliberate poisoning of babies and kids to make another rich. I have been following it from the first. I think I am done casting pearls before swine, as the man once said.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Maybe there was spy camera or microphone in that TV?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Erin Brokovic ? thought she was working in australia now for Shine Lawyers ??. Sneaky

top topics

<<   2 >>

join