It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We declare war to Zika Now or in summer it will spread in America!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
a reply to: MysticPearl

Who said that is God? Thats a funny assumption, we can't blame him for all the bad that happen to us, thats the attitude of the irresponsible, how about the weight of our own sins?

You did. You connected this mosquito invasion to Ukraine and Syria and God not bypassing our sins.

I think.

I'm just a guy try to make sense of what I'm reading.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

a reply to: opethPA

You are really arrogant,

As an epidemics it is clear it didn't begin in 1947, neither in 1952 nor before.

On 2015 first time in history a country ask their adults to refrain to have babies for 2 years!

I'm not referring to Zika as an illness, it is clear that I'm pointing out the current epidemics that if it is not stopped on time can turn to be a huge international pandemic.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

Calling somebody arrogant because you're clueless on what Zika is or how Viral strains work isn't very Christ like
edit on 18-3-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

The only people who really have to worry about Zika are women who get it while they are pregnant. For the rest of us, it is a disease so mild that we might not even know we had it unless we are in the very extreme minority who get Guillan-Barre from it.

And like all things, once you have it, you gain immunity to it, so unless it mutates year to year, a woman who has had it should be fine to get pregnant from it once the virus is flushed from her system. Her antibodies will protect her. And after the initial outbreak, if it becomes endemic, most of us will get it as young children and not have to worry about any of the pregnancy complications.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
My mums husband is going to get his blood tested for Zika antibodies as back in 2012 he came back from Vanuatu and developed gulliam Barr syndrome which he almost died from. He now remembers having a faint dizzy spell while staying on Vanuatu and is wondering if maybe that was the zika virus. Given that Vanuatu is right near French polynesiA.
I am not convinced that zika cause shrunken head syndrome.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Somebody taught you theology in the wrong way , blame him about your confussion.

God doesn't punish, the cumulated sin do so. If we retire ourselves from his protection, is our responsibility, and so the dark forces are the ones that do the job.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EightTF3

Arrogance is not the appropiate word, I feel great sense of cynicism in your way to try to the boycott a thread.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: EightTF3

Arrogance is not the appropiate word, I feel great sense of cynicism in your way to try to the boycott a thread.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness

I.don't think you understand cynicism either.

I understand we're dealing with a mosquito born virus. There isn't really an answer anywhere in the world for that. Spraying them just means they gain immunity because of how they evolve, but you think the earth is a few weeks old and evolution is the Devil's work. Try killing them with Deet, want to guess why that doesn't work? The same reason we have MRSA. We also don't understand the long term effect of whatever chemical they'd use to kill them, for a virus who's latest evolution's effects we also don't understand yet.
edit on 18-3-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Clinical trials are now underway for multiple strains of the Zika virus. We recently had an outbreak here in Hawaii that is slowly tapering off (so we're told). I won't be taking the vaccine, but it may be of interest to those who want to.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ckhk3

Well, any strategy that works against the spread of this epidemics is valid. If biological or immunology solutions provide better alternatives are of course welcome.

Of course the arm forces are extremely important to move the help to the most affected areas.

The people want to see their taxes used to save lives that are in danger to perish, America recovering the world leadership lost in great humanitarian causes.

If Technology that have been developed to end lives is instead to save many that would be wonderful.

Zika can't be underestimated in their negative effect, we have already a huge health non solved issue with Dengue in the Gulf that every year takes many lives in American soil.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 3/20/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I thought he said God and Donald Trump would save me..??

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A CURE FOR ZIKA!!!

Get some rest for a couple days, drink some fluids. Done.

Nothing to see here folks...it's a damn flu. No need to get our panties in a bunch....

If you're a pregnant woman, THEN there's some cause for alarm, for the baby, but otherwise...it's a damn flu.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

With little bitty rifles and reaaaaally good scopes.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Since you apparently need an Aedes Aegypti to pack it around, the usual crap we used to hear every year in Georgia - no bird fountains, make sure you don't have stagnant water around the yard like old tires or buckets, put freshwater shrimp in small ponds, run the Smokey Joe around every few days.

Doesn't hurt to put up bat houses and purple martin houses.

Presto! the Aedes Aegypti numbers dwindle, problem resolved.

Eeeeevery year we were going to get yellow fever or dengue.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Removing stagnant water is a big deal. We usually have tadpools in the horse troughs, so that typically keeps them down, and we actually get frozen wasps to help with flies too.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

That is a great post!

And ... removing stagnant water is ?relatively? cheap and cost effective too. I really like the tadpole idea. I heard they were using fish to do a similar thing already, eating the mosquito larva in South America.

But ... I think no matter what happens, and however much money gets thrown at the Zika problem, it is coming to the United States this summer, regardless.

I would personally just recommend that -- especially if you are pregnant -- wear insect repellant more this year than usual.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
We always have mosquito issues here in FL (after all, whole state is basically a swamp)...so kind of old hats at combating them. We also use a lot of those zappers, and some nectar traps. Not just for skeeters, but also for all kinds of flying biting nasties.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

It is true, removing stagnated water may help and perhaps it is a feasible solution in Texas or in Alabama or Georgia, but in States like Florida, Mississippi or Louisiana there is no way to do that.

This is the reason for which I was mentioning in the opening post about any kind of chemical solution, and some other members suggested also biological ones, that can work effectively to kill the larvae of the insects.

The coming of Zika to American soil is unavoidable if our government doesn't give priority to fix the problem in the areas of the Caribbean, Central and now also South America where it is right now. Every week we waist not doing something effective is going to give more chance also that new varieties of Zika appear.

The Situation that exist since Years ago with Dengue is really also alarming, many says that it is just one more summer fever, that anybody can survive, but the fact is that if you get two varieties of it your life is in really so serious danger, many don't survive a second infection.

Zika can perform similarly than Dengue, if various varieties appear through the via of mutations we could have also inability for the human immune system to protect people sick of more than one occasion.

By the way I am one of the few survivors of two Dengue infections got in the past, I know what I am talking about , and both were got in my time living in the Gulf of Mexico coast.

Many people believe that I came here to open a no sense thread ignoring what I am referring to, the point is that I know what is to deal with tropical fevers and fight death for weeks.

In my case I was lucky to have found through a common friend a Herbalist coming from Mexico that gave me some Quina plant, the red variety is the best, to prepare and drink, since the medical attention in Texas by American physicians literally was incompetent to help me effectively at all.

Quina plant has been used in South America for centuries even to treat Malaria and Yellow Fever.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 3/23/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ckhk3

I know, from conversations with Brazilian friends that their country is facing a serious spread of possible more than one variety of Zika in the north west and north east.

Brazilian health authorities are so much worried about the impact this sanitary emergency may have in the Olympia of Rio.

Rio de Janeiro is a metropolis at sea level so it is likely that mosquitoes carrying Zika can arrive there.

Thousands of tourists from all around the world are going to arrive to a country in epidemics.

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 3/23/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Keep your awful F'ing chemicals thanks. We really don't want that crap dumped on us here in the Caribbean.
We survived chikungunya, zika is a walk in the park after that. Trust me I know.
Dengue has five strains, and although you may wish to die during acute phase it is not usually life threatening unless you have underlying conditions. A friend who has been 'lucky' enough to contract all five, including the hemorrhagic strain, said chikungunya was worse.
Not to mention that those chemicals might just be the real reason for the spike in microcephaly, but only time will tell on that and the chem co will fight that rather than pay out billions in damages.
Want to champion a cause? Hope they get a vaccine for chikungunya, because same lucky friend said zika was no more than like having the flu, but chikungunya was hellish. It attacks your body wherever it has 'issues'; arthritis worse, degenerative disc disease worse, high blood pressure worse
edit on 14-6-2016 by IslandGirl because: add stuff

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandGirl

Well Dear IslandGirl,

Any Tropical fever is arrives to acute condition can kill a person, and Dengue is not the exception, as it is not Zika, but few have the power to mark the next generation with irreversible damages in the central nervous system as this one, and I have not yet found nothing in that respect about chikungunya.

The Thread is not advocating for one specific and unique possible solution to this health problem, if biological engineering devise the way to stop its spread it would be nice, but the worst can happen is to don't do nothing to stop this, otherwise we are in risk to have a lot of cases of microcephalia at future.

Now, we have just in less than two months ahead an Olympia in Rio, that it is expected will attract the arrival of at least 600000 tourists, people that will return to their countries by the arrival of the fall, if they catch this zika virus we are going to have a world wide pandemia as grave as perhaps the Spanish flu of a century ago.

I agreed that a vaccination is an ideal solution, but even if it is devised it must be important to promote massive vaccination campaigns on time, otherwise we could have anyway a terrible calamity of immense proportions.

There is no evidence that the microcephalia associated with Zika has something to do with the use of any chemical, but if you have information about that I would be , as all the other readers, thankful that you bring it.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 6/26/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join