It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you fall in love with this robot?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

I don't know. Does she have gag reflex?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
How can you fall in love with something that is an inanimate object? It's like being catfished...you start to get emotionally attached to someone you never met in your life. In both situations, the "people" are not real

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I don't know, maybe a robot would be easier to live with then another person

At least a robot can be shut off.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
no,no.nononononon,no no

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yes better then people
I ll program the her right

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: farmville

A lot of people, past and present, love all the different kinds of products they consume. What's so different about a robot?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: farmville
How can you fall in love with something that is an inanimate object? It's like being catfished...you start to get emotionally attached to someone you never met in your life. In both situations, the "people" are not real

Like people far away who are posting on an Internet comment board.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Creepy. Reminds me of this video from Quantic Dream posted back in 2012.

Also staying on topic, Blade Runner 2 is currently in the works

The original is considered a masterpiece of philosophy and one of my favorite movies of all time. It begs the question... what's considered the definition of having a soul?

edit on 17-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
An AI nurse might solve some staffing problems, miners, field hands, ground pounders, firefighters, oil rig workers, above and below the sea, high rise construction workers, 'ladies of the night' , Another 100 years and those bags of goop on 2 legs wont be needed.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Reminds me of the prelude to the Second Renaissance from the Animatrix.

edit on 17-3-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
She has a nice set of cooling fans.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wonder if she takes floppy disks

a reply to: Junkheap

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddhablack
Wonder if she takes floppy disks

a reply to: Junkheap

Sorry... only hard disks here

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

Lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

lol
City of lost children no?
Dominique Pinon funny dude, played a good role in Dikkenek

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Not until they put tits on it no :p

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

Does she have gag reflex?

I don't know. But those ominous looking teeth and that hydraulically activated jaw would kind of kill the mood for me.

In answer to the OP question of "Could you fall in love with this robot?" I would say that first the engineers need to build the rest of the body; including all of the necessary input/output ports. That would be the first requirement.

On the other hand, being with the same woman for over 28 years has permanently obliterated my romantic love subsystem. So ultimately I would have to answer that question with a big "NO."

-dex

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
An AI nurse might solve some staffing problems, miners, field hands, ground pounders, firefighters, oil rig workers, above and below the sea, high rise construction workers, 'ladies of the night' , Another 100 years and those bags of goop on 2 legs wont be needed.

Sounds like that sci-fi story where the last human of Earth comes out of cryogenic storage after being cured of a terminal illness. The whole of human civilisation has gone. The other patients next to him all died of shock after undergoing "resurrection" which involved being taken out of a honeycomb sleep chamber by a large gantry system robot and having their lungs sucked clear of hyperoxygenic liquid. The AI used to design robots was told to use nature as inspiration.

He finds that humans were gradually replaced by machines as the human population slowly declined. Eventually there was no healthy humans left, so the machines kept trying to resurrect humans. As the last person left, he instructs them to search for life on Earth's continents, the oceans, then the other planets, nearby solar systems, across the galaxy. Each time he goes into cryogenic sleep for millions of years. His nurse eventually moves from a clunky cylindrical robot to an android with synthetic skin, to ultimately pure energy. Finally, as the Sun goes red giant, and the cooling systems can no longer keep his habitat cool, a star-ship comes from another planet to take him to a new Earth.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Anyway, I don't think I could ever fall in love with this robot because she is too nice. If she was meaner to me, she might have a shot.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

If it was true AI I could. I cant if its just a really intricate sex doll.

I could have sex with it if it fools the senses. It would be bad sex, but if I am stuck in Alaska or something....LOL

I dont see the point if you are surrounded by so many beautiful wonderful women. I mean really. The women of our species are in-freaking-credible. NOTHING could ever replace them. I love you all.

I could not LOVE it if it didnt have true intelligence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join