It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical & Psychiatric Examinations For World Politicians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Our global airline industry has instituted yearly checkups for pilots and copilots. This of course is to ensure the safety of our flying public as well as the flight crews. The commercial airline has the responsibilty to ensure the safety for thousands upon thousands of individuals. Over the years this has worked well.

So if the FAA and other like federal agencies deem this important, and of course it is, then shouldn't it be wise to ensure the well being of billions of people around the world who are governed by politician's who take on governing our world populous.

Instituting this requirement would go along way to stop the psychopaths, sociopaths, individuals who have serious narrsistic dysfunctions, character disorders. And many other mental issues I'm not aware of. I think we the world populous would be in a much better place than what we have and are enduring today.

Of course establishing the laws to institute this requirement is done by politicians. Maybe my idea is dead on arrival.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

This is a horrible idea. What if the medical community sees Liberalism as a mental disease an starts disqualifying candidates based on their beliefs?

What if someone is a sociopath? Sometimes Sociopaths are functioning members of society and are able to make tough decisions? Should Hilary be disqualified just because she is a Narcissistic Sociopath?

This is a BAD idea.
edit on 2016/3/16 by Metallicus because: Added a Paragraph

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
I respect your opinion.

Do you have any ideas to rectify this serious ongoing issue.

I'm certainly open to your ideas or anyone else's.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

Mental health and diagnosis can vary too much and be used as a way to disqualify people for political reasons. Congress already has the means to remove someone from office should they act in a manner that would violate the Constitution or laws of our country.

I haven't seen this as a problem in the past...at least in our country and I don't see it as a problem going forward. I don't doubt that someone like Hilary is a Sociopath, but that isn't a legitimate reason for eliminating her as a candidate in my opinion.

The slope here is too slippery.

ETA: I suppose I am saying that Hilary's actions should already preclude her as a candidate if we are being honest. There is no reason to use a diagnosis or what someone MIGHT do as a reason to disqualify their candidacy. Actions can be used or at least SHOULD be used.
edit on 2016/3/16 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
But we wouldn't have any politicians left. What would we have to discuss here on ATS?

new topics

top topics

join