It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP more corrupt than DNC with choosing of nominee

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Annee

There is nothing that says every contest must only have two contestants. There can be first, second, third place, etc... And there can even be ties in any of those places.

If it's going to come down to two, let the people decide that each and every election.

I never said a contest must only have 2 contestants.

I actually said doesn't matter how many are at the starting line, it will end up with 2.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

His record says he is not who he claims to be now. He once proposed the highest tax ever on the wealthiest. He once advocated for a universal healthcare system based on Canada's. He was pro-choice before he suddenly became pro-life. Nothing about his past says he was ever religious. He married two 'immigrants' now he's a tough guy on immigration. And I just don't believe a man who married two communist women and was a lifelong liberal is suddenly a convert to conservatism.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Only in that votes get counted and there will likely be one candidate with the most votes and a second place candidate with lesser votes. Doesn't mean a third candidate cannot be competitive with the first two.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Not to believed compared to who? Hillary? Her positions change like Bill's girlfriends.

Sanders? You mean pie in the sky and free stuff for everyone?

Cruz?

Rubio?

Carson?

Actually yes.

Hillary is a center-right war hawk corporatist and hasn't wavered on that. The only thing that could be considered left about her historically is her women's rights stance. So that is to be believed.

Sanders has a consistent record like no one else. That also can be believed.

Cruz is still a tea-partyesque religious fundamentalist. Which appears to be consistently true. HIs green card flips and such are minor compared to Trump's flips.

Rubio is as consistent as any other conservative political politician, and certainly in the same world of believability as Cruz with consistency.

Carson is out to lunch, so who knows what's up with that dude. He's probably now off eyes-closed dreaming somewhere of knifing his mom's belt buckle while jesus sits on his shoulder and someone is painting a portrait of the whole scene or something.

Trump on the other hand is so all over the map that it's a wash of confusion. Except to his followers who apparently will believe anything, and have an amazing ability to cherry pick his colossal mass of insanity with confidence.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Only in that votes get counted and there will likely be one candidate with the most votes and a second place candidate with lesser votes. Doesn't mean a third candidate cannot be competitive with the first two.

How about you explain to me how a group election would work.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Trump doesn't care about you or anyone else that isn't as rich as himself. People like Trump sit around dinner and talk about the middle and lower classes with disgust. We're nothing to them -- a usable platform to make money and gain power and influence. That's it. They don't care or have any respect for the common man. They need us, but they also hate and despise us.

I highly disagree, he does alot of good things for charities,

www.youtube.com...

exposingmodernmugwumps.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.people.com...

There are other things he has done which I still need to find, but he does care about people, if he didn't he wouldnt do anything like this at all. I have heard he also lets the FBI borrow his plane to transport children who have been sexually abused. Anonymous also hacked his voice mail and the reason it was never mentioned is that all it was were people thanking him for helping them out. Is he brash? yes but he does care about people. The other thing I wish I could find is that he saw a struggling business on like 60 minutes or dateline NBC and he called the guy up and promised to use the business which I think was in Ohio to make all of his political gear and he kept that promise and they are making everything.

edit on 16-3-2016 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

How about you explain to me how a group election would work.

I just gave a rough idea of how one might work -- without big campaign money or parties -- on the previous page:

I'd rather see our tax designation dollars go into a system like I suggested than to either party.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The split between the conservatives and moderates in the GOP has been widening ever since Bob Dole in the 90's. It was being repaired a little in the early 2000's with W but he ripped it apart with TARP in 2008.

Then 'the maverick' McCain came along, then we were force-fed Romney.

Honestly, conservatives have had enough. We're for Cruz, or some are mad enough to support Trump. Either way, it's not a GOP insider.

And if the GOP tries to play games and give us Kasich, Bush, or even Ryan (I've heard some mutterings) they will not only lose the Presidency, they will lose the Senate and possibly House. We simply won't show up or we will vote third party/write-in.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Because you look at it as conservative and liberal. I tell people i am republican and they immediately think I am pro-life, against gay marriage...etc...but this is not true. People can change and it is usually based on something personal that happens in their lives. That is his reason for change his Pro stance. I want a small federal government, strong military, budgeted/controlled social programs, think gays should marry(help the economy) have no stance on abortion (not my business), want more states right and believes in medical marijuana. Trust me. If the right candidate was on the DNC side this year and Trump was not here I would jump. I did not want another Bush or a Rubio.

He is not against immigration but illegal immigration. Both of his wives were legal. Again, who cares who you are married too. It is about what you can do.

Look at Perots run...20 years ago is when it started to fracture and the GOP has held on that long to the facade.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I actually don't look at it that way. I definitely realize many people are socially liberal and fiscally conservative -- hence my comment saying that on the previous page.

With Trump, I had a personal experience with him in early 2011 that convinced me he is a political operative. I trust my judgment is correct on that.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Or would you rather have an honest speaking person who has what it will take to fix the country and get the job done?

Better to be thought the fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. I think that sums up Trump.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Trump is not against immigrants. He is against "illegal" immigrants.

And he explained why he changed his mind to become pro-life. People can change their minds when life events give them information to cause them to rethink how they feel. I think its important to be open-minded like that. It's when people so blindly stick to their initial views without ever paying attention to new information that you have to worry.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Only a fool would consider Trump to be a fool.
He is extremely intelligent and has alot of common sense.
He is not always socially adept, but that does not make him a fool.
Some of the smartest people in the world do not always say the PC things in social situations.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Some of the smartest people in the world do not always say the PC things in social situations.

How will he do on the World Stage?

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I am not voting for trump... but honestly I dont care how he does on the world stage beyond I am sick of the apology tour over the last 7 years.

I want a president that will look out for the people he/she represents, not the UN, not foreign nations... not the dreamed of 1 world government but the people of the nation they represent.

Its the job they get paid to do and not one damn president has done it since the late 70's to early 80's at best.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Trump is not against immigrants. He is against "illegal" immigrants.

And he explained why he changed his mind to become pro-life. People can change their minds when life events give them information to cause them to rethink how they feel.

Yes ..."life events" like wanting far right conservatives to vote for you.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Instead of party line bickering/defending, this should be held up as a prime example of why the idea of "Land of the Free" is a lie. A powerful political party came out & admitted they can discount their party members' votes & choose their candidate internally. What that's doing is showing you that you do NOT have freedom to choose if the people in charge disagree.

Even if it's one corrupt party doing this, it's one party too goddamn many to still try to call ourselves Land of the Free.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

A powerful party took 600,000 Michigan votes cast for Hillary Clinton, in 2008, and just handed them to Obama even though he voluntarily took his name off the ballot. They also gave him the majority of the 'Undecided' votes, too.

THAT is exactly how he won the nomination.

No one batted an eye.

The two parties get away with whatever they want.
edit on 16-3-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Yeah, exactly. My point was, even one party cheating the system nullifies the concept of freedom for the people. Now line both next to each other knowing this. Both sides of the coin (parties) are powerful, and you're their bitch. It's not that your vote doesn't count (it does, on a local level) It's that you're not free to have a particularly valid one nationally in the grand scheme of things, if TPTB so decide.

Ergo, our freedom ain't so great if it's just a lie.
edit on 3/16/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

He's a fool because when he opens his mouth he advocates beating people who disagree with him politically, removing press protections, xenophobia, and war crimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join