It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 Tribute -In memory MAJ Donald Keyhoe NICAP Co-Founder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I'll try to pass on my view/opinion more clearly regarding 1947 - "Roswell"

The link that I made is that during the interview he discusses informartion or data consistent with a significant find or paradigm change in 1947. He discusses the memo that states categorically that these craft exist and that they "are of interplanetary origin "

At this point (the time of interview) the Roswell event is almost forgotten in terms of MSM(main stream media) of that time period.

That was the link that I observed

edit on 18/4/16 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Thank-you Mirageman, for transcribing the part of the interview I referred to in the OP - This is the point I was trying to make... hmm

*exhausted...

originally posted by: mirageman
Certainly one of the important figures in the early days of ufology. .I think, unlike some of the charlatans around these days, that Keyhoe was genuine in his beliefs. There was definitely a cover-up of some sort during his time in the field. The details and the depth of which are still debated now. But at a bare minimum the US military did not want people talking about or spotting 'flying saucers' whilst the threat of nuclear war with the Soviets seemed very possible.

Not sure he was commenting on Roswell specifically in the interview. Here's a snippet of the transcript (the full interview is sourced as well for those without the means or the will to watch the whole interview.)

WALLACE: All right. Now, let's go at it from another point of view, if I may, the Air Force point of view. They agree, undoubtedly, objects have been seen in the sky, but the Air Force has said time and time again --, this is a quote from Richard Horner, assistant secretary of the Air Force for research and development --, "All, but a small percentage of these reports -- of unidentified flying objects -- have been definitely attributed to natural phenomena that are neither mysterious nor dire." End quote. Weather balloons, mirages, ordinary sky phenomena like meteors or airplanes themselves. What about that?

KEYHOE: I'll answer that, but I'd like to make several points in doing it. In 1947, the Air Technical Intelligence Center at Dayton, that's the top Air Force intelligence men and scientists under contract, sent the secret documents to the Commanding General of the Air Force, saying that whatever of these things were, they were real. In 1948, ATIC, the same group, sent a top-secret estimate to the Commanding General, Roy Vandenburg, that these were interplanetary spaceships. ...............

Source : Full transcript of Keyhoe interview with Mike Wallace

There was a lot of sightings after Kenneth Arnold's in June 1947 : www.project1947.com...

However Roswell does not feature much at all in the contemporary reports of the time. But make up your own minds.

ETA: Anyone who wants to read Keyhoe's book then it is available here : Donald Keyhoe - Flying Saucers Are Real (free pdf)

edit on 18/4/16 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Havick007

Havick great thread and mighty fine tribute mate, below is also a link to some of the Major's UFO research archives and there's plenty of interesting reading in them

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Great tribute to a great man!

s&f

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Thanks K12. I'm looking forward to reading through the links.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: A51Watcher

A pioneer that had some prior insight into the phenomenon. His lists of sources and incident reports are amazing and insightful for us.

I've found investigating these reports and data amazing damming in terms of sustained and active mis/dis-info has clouded this field of investigation. Starting from written ground up is essential, beginning Aurora, TX(1897).

Read further - ATS Thread - HK007

Spoiler..

edit on 21/6/16 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join