It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car bomb in Berlin kills driver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
A car seems to have randomly exploded in Berlin. However, it doesn't seem to be a case of suicide bomber. Maybe it was accidental because if it was a "terrorist attack" then the driver would want to kill as many people as possible.

A police officer at the scene said the explosion happened while the car was travelling ,flipping the vehicle up in the air, officials tweeted. Investigators said explosives caused the blast and were checking the car for more explosive material.

Link 1

Link 2

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teddy916
...However, it doesn't seem to be a case of suicide bomber. Maybe it was accidental because if it was a "terrorist attack" then the driver would want to kill as many people as possible...

It wouldn't be the first time that a bomb went off earlier than intended. The IRA accidentally blew up a London bus many years ago, while transporting the bomb to the intended target.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Looks more like it was intended to harm the owner / driver rather than a large amount of people, given the small amount of damage and how intact the car is. If it was a terrorist car bomb they'd have at least put in enough to obliterate the car rather than attach something to the underside, which is more of a "hit" tactic.

Maybe need to find out who the owner / driver was first before they can really make any headway on this.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
We had a carbomb that went off inside a car, they were transporting it.. 4 died..

It usually is a underground war, wasnt there a someone who was beheaded in netherlands recently..

The thing is, if you aint a part of that world, dont worry

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Looks more like it was intended to harm the owner / driver rather than a large amount of people, given the small amount of damage and how intact the car is. If it was a terrorist car bomb they'd have at least put in enough to obliterate the car rather than attach something to the underside, which is more of a "hit" tactic.

Maybe need to find out who the owner / driver was first before they can really make any headway on this.

"Directed at the driver" seems like a very logical outcome at the moment.

I'm not going to discount "low quality homemade explosives that didn't work as well as planned" just yet, but organised crime is what I'm currently expecting to hear.

I think the post-election timing is quite interesting though.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This looks like assasination. Bomb in a car to kill someone was tottaly normal before and people imediately knew. Now : Terrorists

You just have to put a bomb in a car and everyone think terrorists... And then you get away with murder.

I bet that it was remote controled bomb. They just had to make sure it is the right person and.. Boom!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Says in Express may be connected to Mafia rather than ISIS related but then again Germany have got a history of trying to hide the truth because of the migration crisis!a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

just stop it.. It is criminals in a underground war..

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If you read my post I said it was rumoured it was Mafia related! However, I do believe Germany are trying to cover things up and I am free to express that so dont need to stop anythung. I still have free speech in the UK we havent been gagged like Germans who arent allowed to comment about certain things on social media.

I do believe this a personal attack but for the record I think there will be a massive terrorist attack in Europe UK in next week, my gut instinct tells me so!a reply to: Tsuro

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
RT says known drug dealer and car registered to Turkish woman www.rt.com... reply to: anxiouswens

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It made me laugh so hard when i saw a video on liveleak, about an hour ago, which was called similiar to:
IS terror attack?

At this time mass media was reporting that the 43 years old guy was known to the authorities for drug cases.
He dealed in the wrong turf or didn´t pay his boss, thats it, i guess.

But because one can´t believe anything anymore nowadays, maybe it was a secret service agent with a bomb to plant somewhere and then blame whoever, who knows? Better then for the authorities, to turn it into a gang related case, a drug related case...

Maybe we should make guns legal for everybody in germany, then the thugs don´t have to use bombs anymore, early morning in the streets of Berlin?
xD

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Thats just it... I realize Berlin may not be like the Cold War Hay Days of 1986 but there are plenty of guns in that town.. Why the bomb - popped that car straight up. I am curious to the position... They indicated it was traveling to the city center - is that the 'Kudamm' or Brandenburg Gate? Was that before the Free University Tunnel or after? It was pretty close to the Free University either way, and that in and of itself is enough.

top topics

join