It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RCMP disciplinary system denies public scrutiny....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Unsuprisingly enough in this world of upside down government remedies to most problems...the new RCMP Accountability Legislation will allow the much vaunted quasi military police force to hide and conceal discipline proceedings from public scrutiny.....
Here we have an example of the government obscuring police misconduct and hiding it from public knowledge...

Legislation to make the RCMP disciplinary process more accountable to the public may be making it easier for the police force to hide bad behaviour.

When the Enhancing Royal Canadian Mounted Police Accountability Act came into force in 2014, it set up a new framework for investigating members accused of wrongdoing. It also granted the RCMP commissioner more authority to deal with troublemakers.

The act required the commissioner to "make rules establishing the conduct measures, other than dismissal or recommendation for dismissal, that may be taken in respect of contraventions of the code of conduct."
■RCMP's recent history of harassment, abuse and discrimination
■External body needed to probe RCMP workplace complaints, senior Mountie says
■RCMP commissioner pledges to rid force of 'bad apples'

The result is two disciplinary streams.

Misconduct so serious it could lead to someone being fired is dealt with by conduct boards. Everything else is handled internally in what is called a conduct meeting with almost no possibility for public scrutiny.

My own take on this:
The typical results of government "solutions" to most problems involve less public access to the mechanisms of the processes....
They involve the shielding of government institutions from any influence by citizens...while abdicating from any responsibility....
These "laws" usually end up allowing the government more free reign...while shutting the citizenry out of the processes...
edit on 14-3-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

How about, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss." - The Who

Wouldn't it be nice if, "We don't get fooled again!" - The Who (again)

We're not going to see any accountability, transparency or change within any government agency. The government even made a three year law of limitations on bringing treason charges.

Have some fun... Do an FOIA Request on yourself with the RCMP, CSIS, Revenue Canada and the Bank of Canada, then see what comes back. You might be shocked at the results of that little fishing expedition.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It may be an interesting fishing trip....but im already pretty sure theres some kind of "me" file out there.....probably dating back to 1965 or so...........
The point is... though I can access that,.....I will not be able to access information dealing with any complaint I place against an RCMP member....

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
It may be an interesting fishing trip....but im already pretty sure theres some kind of "me" file out there.....probably dating back to 1965 or so...........
The point is... though I can access that,.....I will not be able to access information dealing with any complaint I place against an RCMP member....

Okey Dokie ;-) Here is the CSIS response to my FOIA request for information about myself (in PDF format). Please note the nine National Security Statute references. This is the kind of crap they come back with.

Example FOIA Response

There is NO transparency, whether it be in personal records or records from publicly funded agencies.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/14.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Jul 15th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
SPAM removed by admin

top topics

join