It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian President Putin orders withdrawal of Russian forces from Syria

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

But you'd rather blame Assad rather than consider embarrassing fact involving a NATO member.
You keep on pushing the 'Assad buy oil from ISIS scarecrow but carefully avoids any mention to the fact that Turkey is the major player in ISIS oil trade.

What part of "Erdogan is a gangster" do you not understand? Yes, there are Turks involved in thje black market oil trade. Also Russians, but you seem not to be able to admit that. Assad's regime cannot produce enough oil for its own domestic use; the civil war has made it a net importer of oil. Some of that oil is supplied by ISIS. Why shouldn't ISIS sell oil to Assad? Assad has never done anything to hurt them.

He was not bluffing. The Greeks are not complaining about the fact that since, the Turks stop violating their airspace. The next big firework may well involve Turkish planes and Russian S-400 should the Caliph ever ambition to behave in Syria like he does over Iraq.

So why is Putin pulling his troops out without engaging the Turkish troops that are illegally supporting the Turkmen?

Lending a hand can be indeed be interpreted by paranoiac people as an attempt at a slap in the face.

Pulling out before the job is finished is hardly "lending a hand." Rather than help broker a deal five years ago, Putin stood by while Syria was torn apart and ISIS became the de facto government. ISIS still controls a large area and continues to sell its black market oil... even to Assad. But I guess you don't want to look at the facts.

When removinbg his troops in order to do in 5 months what the US screwed for 5 years.

What part of "ISIS is still the de facto government did you not understand?

face the fact that the US is one of the most hated country in the world. Not because of what it represent but because of how it behaves.

I agree, and thanks to Vladimir Putin, Russia is rapidly joining it.

originally posted by: DJW001
Can you think of another reason why he did nothing to stop ISIS, which is chiefly composed of foreigners, while concentrating his attacks on native Syrian rebels. Why would he buy oil from them if he didn't consider them to be an asset?

Why can't you answer this simple question?

I'd rather let someone speech by himself rather than pretending my superior knowledge of what someone might be thinking. That often shatter paradigms.

Of course, you only believe sociopaths who destroy their own people. If it's anyone else, they must be lying. Actions speak louder than words. Assad has spent the better part of a decade at war with his own people. ISIS controls more territory than he does, and yet he and his Russian ally concentrated their ire on just about every other faction but ISIS. Sorry if the facts contradict what you want to believe.

Do I really to re-list once all the previous items you found not worth considering ?

I'm sure it is extremely short compared to the items you have to ignore.

You prefer the US made one, I can understand.

No I don't. I never bought the "Arab Spring" nonsense, and I keep repeating that I don't think the US has any strategic reason to be interfering there. Why do you persist in lying about me to my face? Do it again and I'll complain to the Mods.

I am not blaming you for being a patriotic sheeple.

Yes you are... even though I've made it clear that I'm not. Still, I'm not going to sink to the childish level of accusing you of being a brainwashed fascist zombie.

I consider it is dangerous to support US policies that turn out to backfire against America and, I do that because I wish the best for the US. (If only these policies were followed in the name of American interests ...)

As do I. What's more. I also want what's best for the Russian people and the peoples of the Levant.

This is evidence of ‘Perception Management' imo. Are you looking for answers or reassuring claims when reading that ? What can you tell us about the author of the article you linked?

What difference does it make?

In response to : Or maybe you consider your claims make more sense : Assad buys oil he could have extracted himself from terrorist wagging war against him ... of course.

But Assad and ISIS aren't at war with each other.

So because you - from an obviously distant point of view - wish to consider that he may not have the possibility to refine the oil (oil that he still extracts BTW as of your own graph), you gobble the fact that he is buying some from the guys is wagging war against ?

Syria's oil production has fallen to a quarter of what it was before the civil war started. It has become a net importer of oil. Do you think this might have something to do with the war? Did you know that modern armies need petrol to function? If you need to grease your war machine you can't be picky about where the oil comes from.

He may not be able to export oil anymore for sure. And get the money from it. But he is not oil-less. And should he comes short, he would imo try to get some from Iran given that the few supplies is still received before the Russian intervention were sourced from there.

What part of "net importer" did you not understand? As for getting oil from Iran, it would have to pass through ISIS controlled areas in Iraq anyway... or be brought in from Russia through Turkish controlled territory. Strategic thinking seems totally alien to you. If you actually look at the situation instead of what people with a vested interest in lying say about a situation it can really rock your world.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You forgot one part :

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
Stop playing the contortionist to ... your own ... and face the fact that the US is one of the most hated country in the world. Not because of what it represent but because of how it behaves.

In regards of the recent actuality development in Brussels, I will share further my thoughts on the matter this topic. It's perfectly relevant, you'll see.
Given the flow of conflicting information available at the moment, let's focus on what we know for sure : 3 explosions occurred in Brussels - 1 in the tube near the EU institutions - 2 at Brussels airport near the join Brussels/American Airlines check-in desk and Starbucks cafe.

It was to be expected in the aftermath of the arrest of Salah Abdeslam who started talking to police while some of his siblings were still on the run.

I won't complain about the fact that we are struck in this asymmetric conflict, we've been part of this - some would call it - WWIII as we've been part of every major military conflict that struck Europe during the last centuries. Also, because of the institutions hosted in Brussels and because of the behaviour of Belgium itself.
We did well so far catching the guys, I guess you can't win all time. Let's try to do our best and consider the victims.

Could we have prevented this to happen if we had put a curfew under Molenbeek and searched for Muslim inhabited houses until we made sure there was no reason to lock anyone ? Or lock everyone and then release them on subjective criteria. Probably, let's be honest, but the main idea of ISIS is to destroy human values and replace it by his own vision of thing, so ...
If someone wants to test my prediction abilities about the would be perpetrators, here is mine : it's not the PKK nor Assad.

The main problem is once again to figure out the reasons of such acts, and one may not have the right tools to do it if he can't objectively consider irrefutable evidence or vilify people by his own certainty knowing the 'right truth'. One should always look back at history in order to get right lessons out of it and it this case, the last time Brussels Airport was stuck was in 1979 was when someone threw hand grenades at a platform for passengers of an El Al flight.

Speaking of which ...
I am labelled as an antisemite by modern standards ... as I dare to criticize Israel's behaviour towards the Palestinians and as anyone would as well, if he ever dared to say that Israel is an Apartheid state.
Even my own wife is typical Aryan : blonde with blue eyes and a German-sounding family name ... you know like Amy Schumer. And I'm not even jealous when she tells me she has a crush for this guy in his Mad-Max and Scottish outfit :

OK. So, what's embarrassing to look at in this context ?

What can conclude from that ?
Mordechai Vanunu was right.
Amanpour acts as spokesperson of US international policy.
Going after but Syria was just meant to please an allied US country while staying silent on the said country own WMDs. No direct advantage beside enforcing the concept of 'sphere of influence'.

We can now add at this stage the fact that, in Syria, recently, the US also decided to reshape its air force configuration by removing the precisions strike capable B-1 and introducing the carpet-bomb B-52 instead.
What are really US intention ? Neutralising ISIS like you presumably did for the last 5 years ? With carpet bombing and no, or very questionable, ground troops ?
Do you really need to bomb a whole country for a single leader that annoys you ?
Don't you have any decent sniper in house ?

So when I end up publishing pictures like theses :

It's because they bear a message.
It's humour, I know humour can hurt but it's meant at letting you understand that it may be time to change what Putin calls your 'American imperialists ambitions' - for your own good - , given that, when you look closer at them it is not even for your direct profit. And it's not always about Israel, it was pretty much the same in Libya but there it was mainly for the Frenchs through BHL.

I can't imagine a world without Jews. That would be boring as hell as all major comedians are Jewish.
But I understand that people may lose their patience and be pissed off against all those of have the ambition to dictate their views.

The problem, from my Belgian point of view, is that here as well, there are no mainstream politician who have the right 'foreign policy' stance either. The one who went speaking with Assad is a Flemish separatist and among the French speaking there was just a maverick that hasn't been re-elected.

I guess that the problem will be solved people start to realise that it is in their own interest to mind their own business.

So dear DJW001, stick to perception management and keep on believing that you are on the 'right side of the force' if you want.
FYI, here is another question you didn't answer :
What can you tell us about the author of the article you linked?
Jacob Shamsian is member of Tizpit agency ...

Not to mention that the gratuitous statement is not backed by any single form of preliminary journalistic work.
Yeah right ... believe what you want.
People are getting fed up in Europe by this kind of attitude. And the real anti-americans will keep on targeting your 'interests' wherever they are. While you friend will keep on saying unpleasant things ... for your own good. Remember the French Foreign minister speech before you invaded Iraq ... What was your reaction ? How did it turn out afterwards.
Only an imbecile will never change his mind and only an idiot keeps on doing the same mistake over and over again.

What are you US guys doing in the sea of China ? ... yeah I know, it's off-topic.

edit on 22-3-2016 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Sometimes coincidences ...

edit on 22-3-2016 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Thank you for finally admitting to your Anti-Semitism, which clearly goes far beyond objecting to Israeli policies. There is nothing more to be said to someone so blinded with irrational hatred.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Another example of who is spitting hate and disinfo in this world ?

Here you go :

As a starter :

Netanyahu links Brussels attacks with terrorism in Israel

And as main dish (French-special) :

From the website JSSNEWS owned by almost glamorous Jonathan-Simon Sellem. I just translate the title that should be enough.

Attentat Bruxelles: probablement des juifs et des israéliens parmi les blessés et les morts
Brussels bombings : probably Jews and Israelis among the wounded and the deaths

Pleure Federica Mogherini, pleure… Tu pisseras moins !
Cry Federica Mogherini cry... You will piss less !

Speaking of which, I will remind you that beside being antisemite (given that's the only point you find worth to mention out of my previous statement), as Belgian I'm also an exhibitionist paedophile by reminding you that for people like that we have this guy as alternative national emblem.

edit on 22-3-2016 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

So you would have preferred that ISIS destroyed completely Syria ?
I'm sure you don't.

Funny how Assad fighting ISIS never seemed to be an option.

Don't you understand that Assad knows who is supporting ISIS?? That is Turkey mostly and Assad got nowhere letting his troops get so stretched thin fighting all the terrorist all over.

Russia moved in and refocused Assad's army to take on the terrorist that the U.S. and NATO support publicly first so when they are out of the way and defeated, Assad can then focus all his might on ISIS and nobody will be able to blame him for any of that. This is why Russia is not keeping its entire force there but they are hardly pulling out. Russia has been slaughtering ISIS income operations and softening them up for ground attack. The attack that is soon to come.

Putin and Assad are probably drinking at a bar, toasting each other while saying check mate!!

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Another example of who is spitting hate and disinfo in this world ? Here you go : As a starter : Netanyahu links Brussels attacks with terrorism in Israel

Last time I checked, Islamic terrorism is Islamic terrorism. Just because Israel got smart and walled off most of the Nuts to keep them out after decades of having buses, planes, airports and cafe's bombed to bits killing hundreds of its people does not make the comparisons wrong.

The leaders of Europe obviously want a civil war just like the leaders in America. The Armies of these two continents need to round up these evil leaders, jail them and send the Islamic Arabs back to Africa or Turkey.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join