It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago and Guns: One Website All the Stats: 15 Shot in the Junk so Far: Much more:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

many factors are involved but i'm quite sure the fact that the population density in poverty stricken inner cities as compared to poverty stricken Appalachia is much higher has something to do with the difference in higher crime rates.

edit on 14-3-2016 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Believe what you want then, but I live in a community predominantly made up of the dirt poor farmer type, though there's half a dozen trailer parks as well. I am never in fear here like I was when I lived in a ghetto right outside of DC. The people here are friendly, with deep rooted values. Where I used to live I was treated like crap for being white and attacked more than once, despite having been just as poor and frustrated as the rest of the community.. I was not welcome there. The area I live in now is poor and also a little more diverse. But I am never in fear and the whole vibe is different. The mentality is different. People don't prey on others for their own gain, they work together around here. The entire culture is different, and it took me a while to adjust to. Living in a densely packed area is not an excuse to treat others like crap, care only for yourself, commit crimes, etc.. you can live in an urban area and still be a good person. There were always those too, in the ghetto - nice folk who truly cared and tried to better the community. Who would try their best to do good, report activity. They were all older though, and the younger generations just dont seem to care.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JustAnObservation

And just to clarify, I would never commit a crime, much less a violent crime, in either area. A lot of people know they wouldn't, whether it is because they lived it like I have or because they see the light so to speak, and that's probably one reason why many people agree that the violence has more to do with people and their culture/upbringing/values as a person part of a community than all the other excuses. I have been a poor person in a violent neighborhood. If I were again tomorrow, I would still not ever commit such a terrible act. Would you people who claim it is all just the environment? Do you feel you would act in such a way? Because that is something in your character that is wrong then.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
SO IS THE INFERENCE THEN, THAT BLACK PEOPLE SHOULD NOT HAVE GUNS?

I think Black people should have gun and lots of ammo, and they should have marksmanship classes so they don't shoot each other in the ass! If I apear to be less than PC, well I am just not feeling it to night.
Chicago have fun to night. Peace not war.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join