It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Richard Simmons really okay?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I don't think you need to go to the witchcraft angle for this.

Simmons is 65.

All you need to do is think about poor mental health. If he has Alzheimer's or some other dimensia beginning to present itself, it would be relatively easy for a small cabal of trusted individuals to control his life and all access to him by manipulating him. Basically, senior abuse.

Just because he was rich and famous doesn't mean he can't fall through the cracks.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I've always had a soft spot for him.

I honestly believe he is intentionally pulling back from the public eye. Many celebrities come to a point in their lives when they want to do that. For all the silliness of his stage persona, I think is actually a fairly savvy businessman and wants to protect his brand. He has gotten older, he had knee surgery and from what I understand is facing another knee surgery... he wants his brand to be remembered as the high energy jumping around guy. Not the aging guy with bad knees. So it makes sense on a business level.

We don't know the whole story, and we don't really have the right to know the whole story either. It's his business. I think if he were in danger or being held hostage as his former friend implies, he would get help. He says he is happy and content right now, being out of the spotlight and hanging around the house, so who are we to question that? Honestly this "friend" might just be someone that had a falling out with Mr. Simmons. Maybe Simmons cut ties with this guy because his friend was a bit of a loose cannon and was the type of guy to go to the media yelling about witchcraft.

My thought is ... let's leave Richard Simmons alone. He said he's fine. He is an adult, I think we should take him at his word. Let him have some space to enjoy his retirement years. He doesn't owe anyone any explanation.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead Your right about letting him alone and giving him time to be a normal person as opposed to being in the spotlight.
After reading the article on him, I really questioned his supposed friend that thinks something weird is going on. This ''friend'' made a musical or play or something about what he thinks is going on... that to me screams of profiting off a supposed concern, then his friend explains how Simmons was paying for an apartment he lived in and then wanting to collect on a promise of money Simmons had made.... friendship? Or attention/money seeker.
There was another friend who seemed legitimate in their concern that was mentioned in the article which made me think concerns over Simmons's well being are just that... is he okay? And I did put up the link where He say's he is okay... and maybe he is just taking time out for himself, weeding out bad friends from true friends.
He has always made me happy! So I wish him the best and lots of peace.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

So lets just look for drama where there may be none -

www.nbcnews.com...

"some time to be by myself" after 40 years of relentless commitments and a "very difficult" knee-replacement surgery. The fitness fanatic dismissed reports of any potentially-embarrassing weight gain.

In an interview with NBC's TODAY, Simmons added that his "health is "good" and that he takes regular walks and drives in addition to using the gym in his home.

"For all the people that were worrying about me, I want to tell them that I love them with my whole heart and soul and that not to worry, Richard's fine,'' he said by phone Monday morning. "You haven't seen the last of me. I'll come back, and I'll come back strong."

spells like ''Bend to my Will''

so they can have him give them raises and or something like

But if some form of Witchcraft is being used against him... how would he know?

What about if they do a spell on him so that he.......ad infinitum conjecture

How about you provide something of substance rather than links to what voodoo or witchcraft are.
What leads you to suggest he is being coerced?
Is drama lacking in your life?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight Did you read the first link all the way through? It's a pretty long article. Did you read any of the posts further down the thread?
Are we not allowed to wonder what's going on in a famous persons life, when they are out of the spotlight? He wasn't talking to anyone and his friends and fans were concerned.
I put out there that Witchcraft is a possibility and real for many people around the world. I certainly wasn't stating it as fact.
That's why in other posts on this thread, I mentioned possible abuse by his caretakers/housekeepers(did you read the article?) could be up to no good whether its witchcraft or elderly abuse.
I also posted a link that says he says he is fine and that's all well and good, but what's wrong with questioning things and wondering about the well being of someone that has always made me happy?
I don't find any of this very dramatic.
The first link is a very well written article that goes into great details about the life of Richard Simmons... a man that has brought joy and happiness to many people.

edit on 14-3-2016 by peppycat because: tablet!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: laminatedsoul He is someone who has always stuck out in my mind as a really upbeat, happy guy. Now he is holed up in his home and not speaking to even good friends about what's going on and why he is being so anti-social. He is news, just not really big news... I know all of this from my spy-scope and listening device.
Just a little mystery to discuss outside of the political stuff.

No I like that. You're a good egg peppycat

Dont mind me hey..
I chase bears up trees for fun..

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Well he did have a knee replacement surgery and rumour is he was gaining some weight...and we know at age 60 things heal much slower...

So who knows...maybe he got fatter and depressed and maybe is training at home before making a public appearance again...but what he did say he wanted some time for himself away from the entertainment bizz

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I doubt anyone that full of energy and vitality is being bent to anyone's will, unless it's through something more material like financial manipulation. More than likely though, I suspect he is simply being honest when he says he needs some time alone. Which we all do at times, even celebrities, and which is really none of our business, public figure or no. I wish him well.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You forgot to mention it was a two year absence from the public eye!!

Has David Letterman's retirement really been that difficult for him to deal with??

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Has David Letterman's retirement really been that difficult for him to deal with??

He has a standing invite to the Stern Show. He is comedy gold as a guest.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Radio vs. television. He seems like the kind of guy who likes the attention that tv would offer instead of having Howard laughing at him. They seem like they get along (David, Howard, Richard) enough to get through interviews/sketches.

Yeah, comedy gold, I would agree. I guess it is better than waking up with the internet telling you that you are dead!

(But man was that (had2quick) post creepy!!)

edit on 14-3-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Radio vs. television. He seems like the kind of guy who likes the attention that tv would offer instead of having Howard laughing at him.

The big difference is with Howard he would sometimes let him sit on for the entire 4-5 hour show.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF sorry I'm on a tablet and I would cut and paste the key details of the first link in the OP, but I can't do that on my tablet.
Two years, out of the public/public eye and not receiving any company over seems a little off. The only people he allowed in his personal space, being people that work for him. There are a couple or a few friends mention in the article that wanted to visit. He may have friends that weren't mentioned visit him and hope that's the case, because two years is a long time to be without having some social interaction especially with friends
Maybe he really loves and trusts only the people who work for him and as I posted before had to weed through true friends from bad ones.
It seems he is aware that his fans are wondering if he is okay and that should lift his spirits if he has been blue. He has lifted many spirits himself with his happy, upbeat you can do it attitude.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I actually read your linked article peppycat. What a sad story. I agree that the whole thing sounds very suspicious. Considering that many of his closest and dearest friends are not allowed to communicate with him in any form, and all suspect that the housekeeper is controlling him in some way, sure sounds like that is what's going on. He is emotionally and possibly mentally unstable to begin with, from years of childhood abuse. It seems to me that someone like this would be very easy to control. The fact that Oliveira was invited over by RS, then run off by the screaming housekeeper was the first red flag. Then her behavior was backed up by all his other friends who attempted to contact him.

After reading that, I am left feeling like these people who all call themselves his closest friends need to band together and intervene. They need to take him out of the home to somewhere safe. He is never going to admit there is a problem with the evil housekeeper in the next room. One lousy post on Twitter is not convincing enough. If she suspects that this whole thing is going public, she could have forced him to post that. He needs to be removed, and the housekeeper fired.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
To be honest I don't think Richard Simmons has ever truly been a happy person. It's probably a life time of clinical depression taking it's toll.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 321equinox Sorry it took so long to reply, but I was beginning to feel as though I was just gossiping. The article certainly does have red flags! And tells of the struggles RS has gone through despite his upbeat happy persona.
Even though I was relieved to see RS speak to his fans that he is okay and that his housekeeper has been with him for thirty years... I'm left only taking his word and wondering why someone as nice as him is considering only his housekeeper as his closest friend... very possible... and it is very possible he just needs time to him self... he knows by now that his top fans were concerned and I hope he recuperates and feels better... his high, upbeat and happy energy have always been inspiring to many folks including myself.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join