It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: At Least 20 People Killed In Ankara, Turkey Bus Stop Explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
A bomb on a bus exploded in central Turkey, at a bus stop. About 10 minutes ago. Witnesses say the explosion, was in the Guven park, Bus area. Turkey, is a dangerous place nowadays with 3 attacks in less than 6 months. lets hope they can get a grip on the terror before that Country, is war torn.

The explosion at the bus stop in Ankara caused at least 20 people killed and multiple wounded, according to reports. bus laden with explosives blew up near a bus stop, dozens of cars are burning. The police have cordoned the scene of the explosion, where several ambulance cars had arrived.

Link

Who could it be this time? Another Kurdish militant group? Syria? An American Ally, Do we intervene ? I hope not.
Link has live twitter feeds posted and video. other, most, new sources are reporting now. Have a great night everyone!

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: C21H30O2I

Just the religion of peace, placating..

Turkey has become islamified over the past 10 years (so surely this is a direct result, wether it's jihadists or Kurds) I have an atheist friend who literally feels under siege, in fear for his life, he has to lie about his secular beliefs so that he is not lynched.

I'm sorry for the lives lost here, it's a crying shame.
edit on 13-3-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: C21H30O2I
Another Kurdish militant group?

I can almost guarantee it will be blamed on the Kurds, whether it really is them or not though is another story

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
No doubt Erdogan would blame the Kurds and use it as an excuse to enter Syria.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yes and mad Merkel & Co want to hand out visas this year and speed up their entry as an EU Country! Wonder why many normal citizens in Europe and UK are a little concerned!a reply to: TechniXcality

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Turkey has become islamified over the past 10 years (so surely this is a direct result, wether it's jihadists or Kurds)

Past ten years? Try several centuries... Islam has been around in what is now modern turkey since before the Ottoman Empire.

Although your probably right this is more than likely a result of Islamic extremism.
I just hope the violence in the ME can be resolved somehow,with out further violence causing abrupt deaths to the lives of civilians.

edit on 3pm31America/Chicago3105America/Chicagopm325 by NateTheAnimator because: edit

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Word is that is was an al qaeda affiliated suicide bomber.

But i would not be surprised if we will see a counterattack from kurdish to after what Turkey has done..

edit on 13-3-2016 by earthling42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Very scary to think about, having to hide and lie about one's Religion. Being in fear day in and out. Atheist or otherwise. But i guess, more people than we think, live this way. Thanks, for dropping in TechniXcality!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Tale Dawn

Yes, you're probably right Tale Dawn .. I cant help but briefly, think of Northwoods and that angle of game. But that thought escapes quickly, being how unstable the region is and enough, real deal threats to go around. No doubt, the President will make some moves. As he is vowing to bring terrorism to it's knees.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Thanks for the LL video earthling42. I will check it out shortly. When I first saw the bombing on Twitter, I thought, al qaeda too.. So many crazies.. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well it is being blamed on the Kurds..Officials say one of perpetrators of attack that killed 37 in Turkish capital was female member of outlawed group, while another was a man with links to party.. Although that is quick to identify in car suicide bombers the female identified was 24 years old..
I do hope the evidence is sound, I cannot imagine what pieces would be left after such an shocking event and watching the video, I also wonder why there would be two persons in the car ?
I have really gotten to like the Kurdish valor especially against the Daish scum. But as has been pointed out to me before the Kurdish forces have many different factions and they do not all get along. This will for sure further encourage the Turkish
persecutions against the Turkish and surrounding Kurdish populations. And the cycle will continue...

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Torture
Rape
Suicide Bombing
Mass Murder
Bus full of people burned alive
Children Forced to become Soldiers
Machine Gunning Coffeehouses
Lynchings
Assasinations

These are some of the Terrorist Crimes that I can remember .
These are the actions of the so called " Kurds " that some people seem to fancy .
Some users are clueless or indeed terrorist symphatising ignoramuses .

If anyone thinks that " their " terrorists are better then " other " people's terrorists ; well I have news for you , you've been had , you've been took , you've been fooled .

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

The " Kurd's " refer to the Kurdish peoples of Turkey, Iraq , Iran , Syria and wherever else they may be ?
You are correct in saying terrorists for the actions you highlighted but not all these Kurd's are terrorists.
Many of the current and past Turkish treatment of the Kurd's has not been seen to lead to a peaceful solution
and nothing has changed which is a shame..

www.merip.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The Kurdish militant group TAK says it carried out Sunday's deadly attack in the Turkish capital, Ankara.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.theguardian.com...

So stupid.. When they have a chance for a change to be united and progress peacefully with their cause..

Around and around it goes and where it stops no body knows.. Come on Kurds and come on Turkey give each other peace..

top topics

join