It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forum's random backgrounds on all pages--can it be turned off?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have to agree with the majority of posters here. I find the new backgrounds to be unwelcome, distracting and unnecessary. Just a mess, really. Kudos for having tried something new, but maybe it's time to accept that this time it didn't work. At the very least, please give us the option of a plain background.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dazbog
Curious, Why the change ? It's exceedingly distracting and quite annoying. What purpose does it serve ?

This.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: lacrimoniousfinale
I have to agree with the majority of posters here. I find the new backgrounds to be unwelcome, distracting and unnecessary. Just a mess, really. Kudos for having tried something new, but maybe it's time to accept that this time it didn't work. At the very least, please give us the option of a plain background.

Agreed.
I don't like it all. (and I don't see the point)

jacy

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
As long as we're giving feedback, I don't like the background images either. The only one I like is the gray one with the symbols on it. I have zoomed in to help get rid of it, but I don't really like looking at such huge type.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Would be good if you could turn the background images off, they are starting to annoy me now.

I prefer the old background.

Give us back the old background.

Great now my Avatar is f0cked ffs.

edit on 13-3-2016 by restless genius because: added

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
As others have said if you do not like the new sidebars and pictures just zoom in on your browser, here's a screenshot of what I see at 125%

Or rather it would be if the site wasn't all buggered up at the moment...
edit on 13/3/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

Seems to be working again now.
edit on 13/3/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Ok that's better.

Still got to sort this avatar out though.

Yeah me back.
edit on 13-3-2016 by restless genius because: added

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If i want to see images on past events, i'll use google for that....

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The lighter images are harder on the eyes...
I do like the Space Nebula...it's darker, colorful
& non-distracting.
Waiting for everything to settle before I change Avatar.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

The space neb is cool!

Would be nice if you could choose one picture to keep as background instead of the randomness.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I like the space one too. The others suck royally.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Haven't looked at ATS for awhile and.....yikes. Background ruined with stray whatnots, size and color and strife and things that try to go bump in the night but only manage to pass each other enroute. Why fix what wasn't broke, I ask while seeing strange things on the screen. Have to amp my screen size up to 175 percent and even then the experiences aren't right don'tsyaknow. Perchance a fix will soon be available?

p.s. there's a little child on the bottom of my screen pointing at something. strange images floating randomly? the new ats gives me the willies.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

originally posted by: dazbog
Curious, Why the change ? It's exceedingly distracting and quite annoying. What purpose does it serve ?

This.

Lol, I was going to say to keep the brain in a constant Beta state.

The decisions that get taken here never cease to amaze me.

Anyways, my opinion is that the flashing of this imagery is evil and totally uncalled for.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I think I'm done with ATS for a while, if not ever. The recent changes over the past few weeks haven turned this from a relaxing reading experience to a f'n headache. It's like trying to read a book through a kaleidoscope.

So long.
edit on 14-3-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I don't really mind the images, but they could at least be forum specific. I mean having pictures of charging policemen in the general chit chat threads or pictures of politicians in Brussels or whatever in the games threads is kind of incongruous.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I just assumed that the background images were only going to be applied to the main page of each type of forum.

I had no idea that they would also be there for every individual thread page and every refresh... I thought the actual thread pages themselves would keep the neutral grey backdrop for ease-of-reading purposes.

For me, it's not that big of a deal though. I just zoom in my browser to eliminate the busy background edges... with my old fart eyes, zooming in is pretty much a necessity anyways.

*shrug*

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I agree with the distraction. I even turned of avatars because some of those get irritating.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
These new background images do nothing for my concentration issues. They're so distracting that I could barely make it through this thread.

Rev

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Firefox user, but I normally just keep the inspector open and simply uncheck the background image. You do have to do this every time you open a new page though. Its quick to do.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pharyax
I like the original dark non intrusive look. it allowed me to focus better on the topics. I was wondering
if there is a way to turn it off, or will there be an option to in the future?

Don't be surprised if it is only available to "value added members" as part of the stick/carrot we're likely to see in the near future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join