It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Tax Districts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I really had no idea as to what forum to put this under. I know it is difficult to figure out where our taxes are going and we complain that we don't want the money going here or there...but it appears that we don't have ANY idea where it goes, what it is for or who decides this...and sometimes...an empty room may decide. (not kidding). I was stunned.

In Conroe, TX., there is a Special District where 2 people were the only people that voted on 500 million in bonds for a new housing project. It just gets worse......

edit on 10-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I cannot watch this video, because the author has not made it available to viewers in my nation.

That said, what you are suggesting is not necessarily a surprise. You do not believe that infrastructure decay and the collapse of certain public services in certain locations, is an accident, do you?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Are you in the states? I wonder if activism could be applied to these Special Districts, using them to better some aspect of the state, rather than just to hide money?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don't think it's those special districts you should be so worried about it's those special wank*** oops I mean bankers that vote themselves BILLIONS every year in bonuses for doing absolutely nothing..
Oh I didn't mean for nothing I meant for fu***** the system up for everybody else.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Shame this didn't get more discussion, it's a great example of where the real problem is with government. It's not with federal over reach, it's with state and local governments that escape scrutiny. I find it amazing that these are the groups people want to hand more power to.

top topics

join