It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kyle Odom, Idaho Pastor Shooter, Arrested Outside of White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Kyle Odom, the subject of several threads of late on ATS was arrested tonight far from Idaho. A Secret Service release states "that Odom “threw unknown material over the south fence line at the White House Complex." Odom was taken into custody after the incident, and was linked to the shooting incident of Pastor Tim Remington in his church's parking lot several days ago. Odom had posted on his FB page of firing 12 times, and hitting Remington 6 times.

The story becomes strange with Odom's view of the Pastor and his rantings:

posted a message to Odom’s Facebook page claiming Remington was shot because the pastor was “from Mars” and had “ruined” Odom’s life, according to Wash. television station KXLY. Odom’s profile picture also was changed to a drawing of an alien.

www.kxly.com...

The shooting gained national attention, in part because Remington had prayed with Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz at a campaign rally in Coeur d’Alene on Saturday.

Coeur d’Alene Police Chief Lee White said that a person believed to be Odom had sent a manifesto to media outlets. The manifesto made references to President Obama and a number of other D.C. politicians, as well as another pastor at the Altar Church in Coeur d’Alene. “What he wrote definitely played a part in raising our awareness and concern,” White said of the manifesto. The police chief added that he believed the Facebook post was genuine, as it was “consistent with other information we have received.” White also read a statement from Odom’s family members, who said they were completely unaware of Odom’s plans and asked for privacy. “We are truly thankful to God that he is safe and no one else was injured,” the family said in the statement.

The following is an excerpt from FB, its content a spaced-out explanation for Odom's actions:

“Things are not what they appear to be. The world is ruled by ancient civilization from Mars. Pastor Tim was one of them, and he was the reason my life was ruined. I will be sharing my story with as many people as possible. I don't have time right now, they are chasing me. I shot Pastor Tim 12 times, there is no way any human could have survived that event. Anyway, I have sent my story to all the major news organizations. I have no time, I have to go.”

www.washingtonpost.com... l

The SS just released this statement:

On March 8, 2016 at approximately 8:30 pm, an individual, later identified as Kyle A. Odom, threw unknown material over the south fence line at the White House Complex. Odom was immediately taken into custody by U.S. Secret Service, Uniformed Officers. The material thrown by Odom was determined to be non-hazardous. As per standard procedures, Odom was queried through law enforcement databases. As a result, an outstanding warrant for attempted murder-first degree, filed by the Coeur d’Alene Police Department, Idaho for Odom’s arrest was discovered. Odom was arrested on the outstanding warrant, and he was transported to the Metropolitan Police Department for processing. The U.S. Secret Service, through its Washington Field Office and Spokane Resident Office, is coordinating with the Coeur d’Alene Police Department.

This story just keeps getting weirder. I'm just glad this guy's off the streets.
edit on 2552016322016-03-08T23:07:32-06:0020162pm321107 by Boscowashisnamo because: none given.

edit on 2582016262016-03-08T23:12:26-06:0020162pm261112 by Boscowashisnamo because: oops.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Some people should stay away from the deep end of the conspiracy swimming pool.

Some moths can't tell the difference between the moon and a streetlight.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Considering how many people rant that our government is ruled by, and entertainment industry full of, Reptilians in disguise, this is troubling.
I've always wondered just how many truly believe that. That this guy believed it so much that he shot someone over it......

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yeah good thing, and odd that he made it that far to throw stuff over the WH fence to get caught. Assuming then he had to take a plane out of Spokane but assume that wasn't traced yet. What the heck, maybe his waked out intent really does have to do with politics at least a bit. According to the DMail article that came out(shared on other thread) he was going to target another church person as well.

Police said shooting was 'preplanned attack' but are searching for motive
Odom sent a letter and flash drive with multiple documents to parents
Documents show his plans to attack Remington and other church member

DMail

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Considering how many people rant that our government is ruled by, and entertainment industry full of, Reptilians in disguise, this is troubling.
I've always wondered just how many truly believe that. That this guy believed it so much that he shot someone over it......

I'm waiting for a family member to describe him as a great guy, but he recently quit taking his meds...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo
A Secret Service release states "that Odom “threw unknown material over the south fence line at the White House Complex."

Quite the accomplishment, made it all the way to
The White House undetected, what are the odds?

Strange....

edit on 8-3-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Meanwhile, several news outlets in Spokane received letters on Tuesday that purported to be from Odom, Coeur d'Alene police Detective Jared Reneau said. The letters, postmarked Monday, contained a sheet of paper that read "The Truth About Kyle Odom," but had nothing else written on them, Reneau said.

Source

Sounds like he had damning info-about aliens?- but also guessing he wanted to make it to the WH to be arrested to make sure it's national news(not that it wasn't mostly anyway). Aliens huh, other speculations and sources were pointing to an abuse case, and or a law suit.
edit on 8-3-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo
A Secret Service release states "that Odom “threw unknown material over the south fence line at the White House Complex."

Quite the accomplishment, made it all the way to
The White House undetected, what are the odds?

Strange....

Was he going to pay homage to his master ?....yes very bizarre

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

edit on 8-3-2016 by dreamingawake because: double post

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Actually more like how did get there undetected of all
places after they tracked him, and were worried about another mass shooting?

“It does appear that this was a pre-planned attack,” White said, according to KREM. “And I will tell you that some details surrounding Mr Odom’s planning are disturbing.” .....On Monday, authorities suggested that the city of 46,000 easily could have been the stage for yet another mass shooting in America — and that Odom could still enact one somewhere else....

“I’m not saying that’s what was planned in this case,” he continued. “But the fact he was armed and acting in such a suspicious manner in the middle of a church … it’s one of the reasons we’re concerned about Mr. Odom and his whereabouts, and what his next plans may be.” ....

The police chief said that authorities had been able to track Odom’s movements westward to Spokane after the shooting, and that they had received information leading them to believe Odom had turned south at some point toward Oregon. But authorities lost track of the suspect at around 8 p.m. Sunday, roughly six hours after the shooting.
www.washingtonpost.com...

If they knew where he was heading, it seems strange they did not apprehend him within 6 hours.

edit on 9-3-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

If they knew where he was heading, it seems strange they did not apprehend him within 6 hours.

Considering the cluster# that ended in the death of levoy finicum in that road block in the middle of nowhere when they even knew the destination surely shows some inconsistencies in the way law enforcement operate....

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Indeed, and especially considering he had already shot
someone, and police had information on him that was "disturbing".

There is more, like the things Lindsay Graham said about
Ted Cruz being shot...that is very bizarre considering
what ended up happening. I suppose it could be a coincidece,
yet it is disturbing.

Lindsey Graham was particularly piquant in his criticism. He was very clear he didn’t like Cruz, who he said was no better than Trump and whom he accused of McCarthyism. He cracked, “If you killed Ted Cruz on the floor of the Senate, and the trial was in the Senate, nobody would convict you.”

A lot can change in a couple weeks. Graham made his joke about murdering Cruz way back on February 26

www.theatlantic.com...

ETA

Not saying Lindsay Graham triggered this, but what a coincidence.

ETA: Add another source on Grahams very bad taste "joke".
www.cnn.com...

Very very bad taste considering how this turned out.

( One last time to add video) ETA:

edit on 9-3-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

What if he is telling the truth? What if he did send his evidence to mainstream media? What if the Martians run the media too?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Saw a report this morning on CNN. According to them, the unknown "material" he threw over the White House fence was a series of Flash Drives.

These drives contained a number of letters, and other materials organized by him.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is what happens when you believe everything you read on conspiracy sites. Deny Ignorance!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
How the heck did this happen? I've seen several reports that say he flew to Washington.
He was able to board a flight with an arrest warrant out there on him? How did that happen with today's instant communications?

This is another of those stories that gets stranger with each report and leads one to ask if it is the reporting that is flawed or is it really the case that a nut can shot a pastor, send a manifesto to multiple news sources a couple of days later and yet law enFORCEment can't find him?

Did he have his guns with him when he was arrested in DC?

Could someone please pass the duct tape---my head is about to explode.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
How the heck did this happen? I've seen several reports that say he flew to Washington.
He was able to board a flight with an arrest warrant out there on him? How did that happen with today's instant communications?

This is another of those stories that gets stranger with each report and leads one to ask if it is the reporting that is flawed or is it really the case that a nut can shot a pastor, send a manifesto to multiple news sources a couple of days later and yet law enFORCEment can't find him?

Did he have his guns with him when he was arrested in DC?

Could someone please pass the duct tape---my head is about to explode.

That's what I figured, If he was to fly out of Spokane wouldn't they have alerted the airport within that time? It's about 45 mins either immediate route by U.S. Route 90 or State Route 95. The reports say he traveled west, meaning he likely through 90 or Route 95 to either Spokane Valley then to Spokane GEG airport or went South through the Palouse region on Route I195 on the way to Sea-Tac or PDX/Portland's airport. Either way that would be plenty of time for authorities to alert airports.

top topics

join