It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prisoners with vacation dream homes and TV watchers piss'd off at Amber Alert. Another WTH moment.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

world makes no sense. unless...we are on bozzaro earth.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

A ticker is sufficient to deliver most of the information. Completely obstructing programming for five minutes at a time is absurd.

I, like another poster, have a poor memory. I, too, am a lousy witness, and science has proven this is the case for most people.

Most of these children are not located by witnesses who have seen AA's, but by family members and the police.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

If you have your ass over a teakettle, then you have more immediate problems than your attitude to prisons and punishment! That is not where teakettles belong! Asses and teakettles should be kept firmly away from one another, so as to avoid sub par cups of tea.

However, your point is well understood.

Still, SA has some fairly stringent jail conditions, does it not?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dianashay

And thats why Vigilantism can be so appealing.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Thank you all for your generous opinions. I'm still on the fence of punishment via horrible conditions though.

Amber alerts should be televised, if so then the chance of someone who may have seen something, even a small chance
is better than none at all. In an ideal world, the terror of even one missing child should have a 24hr bulletin channel.

I've seen those that waste hours of the day with the weather channel and when you ask them the temperature they say 'oh, dunno', just listening to the music. What a waste.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Prison should be so f'ing miserable that people behave in order to avoid it.

Bread & water
No TV, no books
One shower a week
Crowded cells
Cockroaches & rats

You get the picture.

The current paradigm ain't workin'.

Make. Them. Miserable.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Actually, if you look around the world such as in Europe, it has worked quite well. In the US the worst rates of recidivism come from criminals who are in our harshest prisons.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Actually, if you look around the world such as in Europe, it has worked quite well. In the US the worst rates of recidivism come from criminals who are in our harshest prisons.

How much do you really know about American prisons?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

Which ones? I've known people that have been in minimum security prisons for drug offenses, they've given me wildly different stories on the conditions (they were also in different areas of the country). Beyond that, lots of reading. I've never been in one.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Restricted

Which ones? I've known people that have been in minimum security prisons for drug offenses, they've given me wildly different stories on the conditions (they were also in different areas of the country). Beyond that, lots of reading. I've never been in one.

I am a retired veteran of the profession. In my state, they are pretty damn nice.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Thank you. I had no idea that American min security have such luxuries too.

I think the only difference is the sentencing (time), life (in Canada) is anything 10+yrs, most out at that parole hearing, life 25 and so on.

I also agree that it should be 'not so pretty' conditions. The news is full of prisoners complaining about food and other conditions. Oh well. no pity here.

Don't get me started on how the welfare or military systems here pay for sex change treatments and operations on the tax payer's tab. I will scream.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dianashay

Why are victims/or families being treated worse than the perpetrators in this so-called civilized society?

Depends on what you think the use of prison is for. Treat people like people and they are more likely to behave like people..

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
While inhumane conditions in prisons is unacceptable, we in first world countries have a funny definition "inhumane" sometimes. We act like the slightest bit of discomfort is torture.

People who complain about Amber Alerts have their heads up their butts. They're most likely watching some show about cops and murderers, because that's all that's on TV, but don't anyone dare interrupt that with information about a real child who needs help. That's a boring downer.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The latest is that the kid was fine, taken by parents, not missing at all. This entire fiasco should be a wake-up call to remind 'some of us' how little regard for children some of the population has. Terrifying to see such selfishness.

www.citynews.ca...

Considering this occurred during the final episode of Downton give me cause to believe it was a painfully purposeful (for reaction) event to thow in the face of those that are actually in disgust of any possible injury/kidnapping.

Premier Kathleen Wynne, who was watching Downton Abbey Sunday night, said she was impressed by "an alert that was that pervasive and that obvious." "I was very impressed actually that it flashed on all of our TV screens right at a time when a lot of people would have been watching a show on a Sunday night."

Sure she enjoyed it. The foul woman that introduced sex ed to school children in the 3rd grade. www.campaignlifecoalition.com...

I actually just started watching that show recently but when the final came on this past Sunday I kept it on very low hoping to grab the gist of it from the kitchen while I cleaned. I was spared this event for a reason. I guess I was so distracted that it faded out of my thoughts totally.

Thank you MoreInterior. The desensitization of the reality of this cruel event is not missed to you. Glad you are on the side of morality and sanity. There seems to be very few left.

edit on 9-3-2016 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join