It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mega Soldiers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
moneymorning.com...

This link is to what seems to be a Money Morning ad....off yahoo news....
Im loath to go any further into the labrynth but could there be new exoskeletons or other personal upgrades to the GI himself in the works?
One that civvies will be swarming over by 2020?
Anyone got the scoop on some advanced personal gear coming down the pike real soon?
The introduction of enhancement to the person of the usual GI should be a game changer on todays battlefields....
Special forces would benefit greatly with a revolutionary force multiplyer that gives them a distinct edge against superior numbers which they often end up facing.....
Anything that enables these guys will make a huge difference in the war on Terror......and I want one too.......................

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It looks like VR goggles to provide a telepresence for training. Sorry no Incredible Hulk suit this time

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think exo-skeletons will be a big thing as technology moves on, here's a video of a guy lifting a car with a home made suit, I'd wager the military are already working on something better

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I thought Darpa was further advanced than us by 50 yrs.....was hoping for something like a real breakthrough....
oh well.......

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

smells of batcrap

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

google result " neural imprinting " " walter reed "

google

ETA :

also - google scholar results :

ZERO

its a scam
edit on 6-3-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch

Special forces would benefit greatly with a revolutionary force multiplyer that gives them a distinct edge against superior numbers which they often end up facing.....

Something that worked all the time, didn't need a lot of different batteries, could be operated in the rain at night when you're running at full speed, didn't need to be disassembled and oiled in the field, and never let you down would be way better. Oh, and something you didn't have to lug around.

SORDAC goes through a lot of stuff that gets sort of tested and then dropped, or only used once for a specific task.

The sort of thing you see SOCOM bid out is a really good waterproof camera housing for a certain digital camera they like. Or a super dense Zodiac electric motor battery that you can break into a dozen pieces for transport by a team, then put back together in the rain in the dark by touch, and it will still work with one or two chunks missing. It beats lugging Die Hards, which were the previous tech. Oh, and they can't burst into flame and fry you if they short, you put it together backwards, it gets ruck dropped, or if it takes a round.

THAT'S the super dooper enabling tech you need. Eyeball mounted lasers, that's more a SOG/SAG thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I thought that robot mule was pretty slick....(it didn't fall down when they kicked it)....know if they ever got to pack a real combat load ...in combat yet??

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
I thought Darpa was further advanced than us by 50 yrs.....was hoping for something like a real breakthrough....
oh well.......

LOL you actually think DARPA would show the truly scary wunderweapons to the public? No they reserve that honor for the PTB alone.

new topics

top topics

join