It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump reverses position on torture, killing terrorists' families

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

What Trump was advocating were not the best practices though. Torture does not work. Every interrogator who is even halfway decent at their craft will tell you, people respond better when they can make favorable deals. Making people miserable just gets them to say anything they can to end it. Cutting deals gets things done and usually that means doing things like taking care of a terrorists family rather than waterboarding them.

The same is true for targeting a persons family. Look at how many terrorists we have created from "collateral damage" in the past decade. What do you think is going to happen when you start actively pursuing killing innocent people at policy rather than as an accident?

These people follow a different religion than you, but they're ultimately still human. Ask yourself this, if Russia invaded the US and killed someone important to you, what would you do? What if that person was opposing Russia, perhaps as part of our national defense, so Russia attempts to discourage them by making it their policy to kill you. What would you do? Would you sit there and wait to be killed?

Trumps rhetoric wasn't just advocating mass war crimes and crimes against humanity, it was outright bad policy.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna
I understand where you're coming from, but I don't agree with you. Basically saying "but everybody else does it too" isn't a valid argument. If anything, it makes me view that person the same way I view every other politician lol. Kind of hard to push the "outsider/revolutionary" narrative while simultaneously saying "I'm only doing what everyone else is doing".

As for this:

The worst part is the narcissistic faux moral outrage against him.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm blessed to know a lot of good Latinos & Latinas and I have many immigrant friends (and friends/acquaintances in other countries). I'm also a Muslim, with many Muslim family members and community members. We're not stupid. We've heard Trump and his wretched spokeswoman explain their positions many times over. Trying to "clarify" their comments frankly comes off as "preposterous" since we can all look directly at their interviews and speeches to see those words in context. Kind of like this:

For example, my parents, some of the local Muslims, and I are all preparing to go on Hajj or Umrah this year. There are many difficulties on logistics because it's so many potential people, so we're looking into staggering the trips. Some might even have to wait until next year. We're also looking into the situations for each elder since many of them have different health issues that need specific health accommodations. For example, I'd probably have to go with my Mom (instead of her going w/my Dad) because of his recent health complications. Why does any of this matter? Because Trump and his team even called for American Muslims to be banned re-entry into this country! Stuff like that may not matter to you but that's because you don't have to deal with the very real consequences of his proposed policies. The outrage isn't "faux" to the people who are affected by his proposals.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

In other words, he's a salesman who says whatever it takes to close the deal.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Well, that was easy. I guess the pressure from others made him change his mind...

Odd, I thought he didn't let other people dictate to him what his policies are? I wonder if he'll re-think his wall too?

Hm...maybe as time goes by he'll become just like every other candidate in the GOP...?

Id rather a president who listens to advisers and can be reasoned with..
as opposed to a leader who carries out his flawd polices and refuses to listen..

Appears trump gets excited when there's a bit of push and shove on the verbal stage.. hopefully someones reasoning with him about this too and he starts debating with more class.

because his message and his policies are whats best for America

- stop immigration from the south
- stop jobs outsourcing to china
- stop wall street controlling presidents
- taking the gloves off and dealing with the fanatical Muslim threat

also, the fact the koch brothers have built a war chest and paid off 90% of the media and the fact that the entire GOP establishment hates him...

means he's the one who'll reverse all the nonsense we've had since Sept 10th 2001.

edit on 5/3/1616 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
He is gonna change the ROE, lol!

And where can I find a list of outlawed tortures?

Come on people, everyone loves a good psy-op, right?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yup flip flop flip flop.

Rand paul dose it on one issue and he is vilified.

Trump does it every other day and he is still a hero.

Shhhh. "flip flopping" is a dirty word, only used for Democrats. When Republicans do it, it's "being flexible".

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It's like magnetism. He can't help himself because he has always been a democrat. Oh what tangled webs we weave.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join