It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police forcefully enter Zaman building after government takeover

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Yes all the people of Syria, the people of Turkey, the people of Iraq pretty much any citizen of any nation apart from North Korea has been free to get on a plane or get in a car, on a train etc and go to another nation

OK thanks. I always think of like checkpoint charlie #,,, I'm sure life in many of those countries is far better than I think. The problem is I may never know personally with all the crazy terrorist stuff hard to envision a trip almost anywhere. I would love to see the city of Petra in Jordan, the open air markets of Morocco, but just too dangerous these days

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: tinner07

The Middle East hasn't learned from the west of subliminally suppressing your people. They're literally still stuck in the Middle Ages in that aspect, and many others.

They have - it's called Wahabi Islam.

But it got out of hand because the people are now so brainwashed that if you don't believe in Sharia law and all of those oppressive things then you must be eliminated.

The west brainwashes us all into this multicultural unity BS. God help us if something like Syria ever erupted in say Britian - it would become a mini ww3 in one country, just like Syria but even worse.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Good point, but the west doesn't engage in brutal tactics to subdue the population because they've learned from the past that eventually people rise up against it. It's much easier and more effective to put a veil over things.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Oh so you think kind words stop wars. I am a true leftist I believe in social programs for our own, you are a regressive leftist and a danger to society as a whole. My points aren't murky, I delivered them well and once again if you wish to discuss intervention as a policy I challenge you to a debate.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Good point, but the west doesn't engage in brutal tactics to subdue the population because they've learned from the past that eventually people rise up against it. It's much easier and more effective to put a veil over things.

And that is why the difference in eventual outcomes.

Let the people protest and believe they have an influence over government policy making (when usually they don't) VS iron fisted crackdowns at the first signs of trouble.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Sure, 10 years a go I would have said you're silly for not going but with how it is now in most Arabic nations I'd definitely not recommend anyone visiting anywhere like that.

It's a shame really as I've visited a few of those Arabic nations, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco and people were all pleasant and friendly, even the street sellers offering cups of tea, sure they trying to sweet talk you to buy stuff but they did it in a nice way.

North Korea is the only checkpoint charlie bs still going on, I don't think anybody in any nation has been denied freedom of passage since the Berlin wall came down as far as law abiding citizens go.

I'm strongly in favour of open borders and people being free to explore the world so it saddens me greatly when parts of our wonderful planet full of vibrant culture is off limits to explore

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Lol what are these attacks? So let me get this straight, you're a leftist but you support war, namely the war on terror?

I'm a regressive leftist? Well, I'm certainly not at all with the conservatives but neither am I with the liberals or rather, democrats and republicans. I think, therefore I am, and I don't subscribe solely to one political ideology, I'm a mixed bag.

But no, your post isn't clear. Do you support the Turkish govt's role in this? You think it's because of Islam that Turkeys president is silencing his opposition?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Exactly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join