It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children say the funniest things!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I have a son who is 8 and recently if anyone says anything to him he doesnt like he retaliates with "thats a bit racist". It seems to be the in talk at school and last week I explained to him in basic terms what it actually meant. I told him it is when someone is nasty or doesnt like someone because of the colour of their skin or where they are from. I said me nagging at him to clean his teeth isnt being a bit racist!

Today, my mum who has dementia was getting a bit agitated with him for jumping on settee, once again he said laughing "Grandma thats a bit racist". I said "David, how can Grandma be racist, I told you last week what it meant, do you remember?" He replied "yes, it if someone is nasty because of different skin and Grandma has different skin than me because she has lots of wrinkles, so she is racist".

What could I say to that lol. My child is the one person who can make me smile even in the worst of times. Bless him!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Be careful the fine bros might catch wind of this and think you're trying to do "kids react"

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Children say the funniest things? How about high school students?

I had a student who said "that's raciest" after I told him to get to work! There was another teacher in the class at time and we both started laughing because it didn't make sense. The student was white, so the remark was even more ridiculous!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens
Not just skin color but he's right pointing out differences, to feel superior by comaprison is a more apt explanation.

Honey, some people want to be better than others so they point out whats 'wrong' with them.

The right thing to do is to overlook the differences in others, accept them for who they are, not what they 'look like'.

Good luck with that in the modern world.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
We have twin grandsons that are two. They don't just say the funniest things, they do them.
Last weekend grandpa was telling one, why it wasn't ok to throw toys. He got the "talk to the hand" gesture. (they have a 9 year old sister.)
I thought grandpa was going to lose it.

Meanwhile, I had to leave the room. I had tears from laughing so hard.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Oh I know attitude lol. David is obsessed with whether words are swear words and keeps doing the peace sign at me and asking if its swearing. I am old school and dont believe in swearing in front of children and hate hearing children do it but he seems to love the naughtiness of it now! He loves spelling words out to me and asking if that is a swear word lol, seems almost gleeful!
edit on 4-3-2016 by anxiouswens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Dont worry he has me as a mum and since being a baby has always been taught its whats on the inside not what someone looks like. Hence he has a bunch of friends who are a mixture.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
a reply to: intrptr

Dont worry he has me as a mum and since being a baby has always been taught its whats on the inside not what someone looks like. Hence he has a bunch of friends who are a mixture.

Cool, if i could rewind time I'd ask for you as a mommy.

top topics

join