It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 y.o. son has chickenpox's even after vaccine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I didn't even know there Was a chickenpox vaccine..good grief

I got it when i was 24yo,and my daughter had it when she was younger,around 10/11,my son has not. But he certainly won't be getting a vaccination for it. Good lord what happened to just Getting these minor diseases and getting Over them? Hope the crap never hits the fan.Some folks wouldn't last the first day.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This is merely hearsay, but I was just told about how someone's teen aged daughter in my area has caught shingles. I found this strange considering that kids these days get the chickenpox vaccine. Obviously this girl must of had chickenpox at some point before breaking out with shingles. I wondered when I heard of this if the vaccine itself didn't give her a mild case of pox that later developed into shingles.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I went to school during the same time frame and I got shot for measles, mumps, whooping cough, rubella,small pox, and a sugar cube polio vaccinte. Everything but the polio was all in one in that you got all of them at once, in an injector with 5 needles. Took a toll on the injection site as we all walk around to this day with the scar, a round circular scar, as our mark of valor. Also got a tetnus shot.

Now after this episode of Xfiles * SPOILER ALERT * I understand I am now carrying alien DNA because of those injections...

Explains a lot about me!

edit on 4-3-2016 by NewzNose because: typo

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

It is advertized that those having had chickenpox carry the shingles virus.

Shingles run along a single nerve line, meaning you get shingles on only one side of the body and one area. Not so with chickenpox. You get those little boogers everywhere. I have a pox scar on the area of my forhead, tween the eyebrows. It is a deep pock scar too. Only one I have.

I remember the itching...oooh the itching!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Pfft Super Chicken pox.

Not buying it.

BOTH of my sons had the vaccine. And when my oldest was in 1st grade, it was running rampant. He ended up with a mild case, and his younger brother had them so bad, they were in his mouth even. And many of the kids at the apartment complex ended up with them, even though many also had the vaccine.

You can get it, even with the vaccine.

I just wish I knew then, what I do now. I would have spared them that shot.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If he wrestles it could be a case of "mat herpes". Its going around and its super contagious. Google It!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: iwontrun

I've never heard of a chickenpox vaccine and I never thought it was a threat. Maybe it is a manufactured threat.

I had it when I was a child and there was no cause for concern-a few days off school followed by itching and scratching and that was it. As for the vaccine well that's up for debate-I never would have thought that chickenpox is so dangerous that it needed a vaccination. Parents freak when their child gets a cold and rush to the chemist when a bit of crushed garlic and time eases the symptoms until the cold passes.

As far as I know these new 'strains' could be nothing more than scare mongering. Do parents know what a 'strain' is? I'm not sure myself. Is it a mutation? how is this strain of chickenpox different from the others? Parents should ask themselves these questions and arm themselves with knowledge before they throw money at a pharmacist.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Be glad that your child (and possibly your other child) may get it, as the naturally produced immunity created by the body is much, much better than anything that is injected into you with possibly questionable ingredients.

This goes for many (but not all) diseases for which we have vaccinations. Very few provide the generally accepted defenses against the disease, and with the newly discovered direct link between the brain and the immune system, I have a very hard time justifying the majority of immunizations for diseases that have miniscule statistical probability of causing any serious harm to me or my children.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Exactly. Just because one thinks critical and asks questions does not mean he is an idiot buying the "every vaccine is poison and bad" idea. That´s how it was 15 years ago. I got the impression some boot licking uber parents are actually collecting those stickers in the vaccine passport. And if you dared to express concerns about ONE vaccine, you automaticly are a nut job thats against vaccinating the own children in common.

The same happens on the other thread about ATS. People who only point out the facts (like hardware prices and such) are attacked and "want to be furious". That´s how it is. Theres no shades of grey, there´s only black and white for some/most.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Catching it early on in life IS still the best method, regardless what people might think.

Except then you can get shingles as an adult, leaving you with permanent post-herpetic neuralgia.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The natural immunity provided by having had and recovered from chicken pox is superior to the attenuated immunity provided by the vaccine (as with all vaccines) - the tradeoff, of course, being that being sick sucks. We won't be vaccinating our children against chicken pox. I would prefer their immune systems fight it naturally and build up strong immunity like my wife and I have from our childhood adventures with chicken pox.

Whether they actually tested to determine whether it was a mutated virus or are guessing based on their confidence in the efficacy of the vaccine, I don't know, but a mutated version of a virus would have diminished or no antibodies built up against it in the body. I didn't think chicken pox was very prone to mutation (though vaccination is probably encouraging mutation in the virus.) Also, not everyone's immune systems work the same - I have a friend who rarely gets sick, but had chicken pox 4 times.

Best wishes for a mild case and quick recovery for your son.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Vector99
Catching it early on in life IS still the best method, regardless what people might think.

Except then you can get shingles as an adult, leaving you with permanent post-herpetic neuralgia.

It is unknown whether the chicken pox vaccine (which injects the body with live, but attenuated virus) will protect against getting shingles later in life.
We'll just have to wait and see

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
I found this quote interesting enough to research it:

"There is a great deal of evidence to prove that immunization of children does more harm than good." - Dr. J. Anthony Morris (formerly Chief Vaccine Control Officer at the US Federal Drug Admin.)

I could not find a source for it. There were plenty of sites citing it, but as 100% of them were biased anti-vaccination sites, I took their citing-qualities with a spoon of salt.

Is there a neutral website which could pinpoint this quote to a date and maybe even the original source?

Because the more often I read it on anti-vaccination-websites, the more I distrust this quote. But that is my own opinion, and it might be subjective.
there is no credible evidence against vaccines, just hearsay.
considering the billions immunized against diseases, and the plots anti-vacciners have, none of their plots have materialized.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I read about the resistant chicken pox about three or four months ago somewhere. It is coming back again. They weren't able to make a vaccine for it either from what I read. I don't understand why though. It would seem they could make a vaccine against anything like that unless it is too much like our own cells and the vaccine stimulates an autoimmune reaction. Maybe they will get it figured out, the chicken pox can be more dangerous than the measles.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Aeshma

I was unaware there was a vaccine for chicken pox. Forgive my ignorance. I remember the measles vaccine, small pox, but not chicken pox. We just went ahead and got ourselves sick at a young age then we couldn't get it later.

There is a vaccine and it has been found to be dangerous ot 'go ahead and give yourself chicken pox'.

What a mind-boggling comment. Did you make this up yourself, or is it something you heard from a really bad hoaxy source? Dangerous how? Does chicken pox do different things if you get exposed to it on purpose? Does it melt your legs off or something if you choose to be near someone with chicken pox, rather than accidentally be near the same person? Thank God I'm not a robot - my logic circuits would have been completely fried trying to make sense of your comment.

Childhood chicken pox is one of the least dangerous childhood diseases, with a miniscule chance for serious complications. Why choose the lesser and shorter-term immunity of the vaccine over the greater and longer-term immunity provided by the human immune system? The human immune system itself is the pinnacle of triumph over chicken pox.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: Azureblue
Everything but the polio was all in one in that you got all of them at once, in an injector with 5 needles.

If thats the same thing they used in the uk when I was a kid (ring of needles) it doesn't give you a shot of anything, it simply pricked the skin to see whether you reacted to it.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

And there are those of us who will just brave a disease like chickenpox-and measles'that i also had as a small child- feel crappy but be happy for the days off school-and recover .However Did the human race survive till present day,im sure there were not many vaccinations available in caveman days?

Ooh wait,i forget..there's this oldfashioned notion of "Grin and bear it" aka " Hack it or don't" We all posting here are the descendants of those who Did hack it first-without vaccines for every littlle sniffle.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

My daughter also got Chicken Pox after the so called vaccine. I exposed her to the side effects of a potentially dangerous injection for absolutely nothing. I had Mumps and Chicken Pox as a kid. It wasn't that big of a deal and could be better than exposing yourself to mercury and whatever other 'special ingredients' big pharma and the Government put in them.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Straight up. If you do not have a compromised immune system due to HIV or something,your body Will fend of the disease,if it's one of the minor diseases like chickenpox or measles. There is this agenda it seems,to totally pussy-fy the global population,especially in the West.Vaccinations,Pc-correctness,white guilt,handouts from the state for perfectly able-bodied people. I look at the difference for instance between many African Americans,and Africans on the African continent..and i shudder for how helpless they have made themselves become,many African Americans.Any REAL African street urchin could run rings around them in the survival stakes-and that is an Abomination.ALL should be fixated upon self-reliance and survival through Their Own Endeavours.

My son takes kickboxing lessons and there is this one lil black dude,whose granny accompanies him to lessons. I noticed the other day that she was so exhausted,she was "fishing" while she sat there during practise,waiting for her grandson.I offered to drive them home into the township after every lessons. She accepted,even wanted to offer me her last 100 ZAR because gas is Monstrously expensive in our county. I was horrified and told her under no circumstances would i accept money,seeing *I* offered the ride,and because in my heart i obviously knew she needed that 100ZAR Far more than ourselves.

And ye gods that poor old lady walked for MILES twice a week to get her grandson to kickboxing practise every Tuesday and Thursday,to the martial arts lesson that may in future yet save his life in this violent jungle of a country!!

Last Thursday he came alone,she must have felt sick or something,but my husband gave him a ride to his house. Still,he was willing to walk miles in searing heat and 100% humidity to get to what he values,with or without his ancient old grams,who ALSO usually walk miles in searing heat and 100% humidity to get her valued and beloved grandson to the practise that may one day save his life.

Maybe i'm a bit harsh on others because i am South African and life here is pretty brutal,but out of that hardship and brutal life,i see heroes EVERY day,heroes who Shall survive the "SHTF" unless its an ELE.Because our whole entire lives are SHTF situations. Sorry but i have no respect or patience for pussies.
edit on 4-3-2016 by Raxoxane because: spelling

edit on 4-3-2016 by Raxoxane because: added

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Chicken pox is nasty, and it is much worse as you get older. I had chicken pox...twice lol! Seriously, it is extremely rare, some people develop shingles in later life but not me. I had it as a kid, then when I was 22, got the frickin thing again!
Be careful about taking for granted that you can't get chicken pox twice because...well, you can.

This is the same tale I would have told, and I'd like to stress that it is very possible for you to catch it do to the mutated strains of the disease. As jonjonj wrote, you REALLY don't want C-pox as an adult. It is especially rough on the gonads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join