It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ad-blockers, subscriptions and money? ATS is worth $2 million and makes $466,920 a year

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Some have, most are still around just quiet. There's some heavy hitters that I miss but they shouldn't have violated TCs, pretty simple.

All of this is such petty bitching by entitled, low thinking brats that just want succor rather than challenge and can't even be bothered to provide that much themselves. What a bunch of nursing babies too lazy to turn their heads to find a nipple. Most people piping up on this ludicrous issue are never heard from... on anything.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Just turn off your adblockers when you come onto the site. For crying out loud.

I can't afford to have to pay a subscription yearly. It simply is not in my budget. So just turn off your bleeping adblockers for all that's lovely and free.

Cirque

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ogbert
a reply to: Bone75

Plus all the free content they wrote is now the property of ATS. I swear SO has the best gig in town.

Why would anyone one want an account here?
You can't even delete your account.
As far as bannings. protoplasmic traveller (find All Roads Lead to Rome)started his own sites, but his last posts stopped a year ago; and all his domain names expired. He had a stroke, wrote a few online posts and disappeared. perhaps he died?

I stopped posting pretty much here;and my philosophy has changed so much, i wish I could delete my entire account. thankfully, they eliminaed the media section, where i had some original songs. this is probably my last post.

this post will probably be deleted by mods. Maybe even banned for mentioning protoplasmictraveller, the most popular and prolific writer at the time of his banning. search google for his name, but most of his stuff is gone now

One of the best posts, thank you

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What features are unavailable if you use the ad blocking thing

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: imod02

Actually, any member can reply to ANY post you place on ATS.

Regardless of whether or not it was directed at them. It's also a valid question. Members who complain about seeing ads, should simply contribute more, therefore removing the ads.

ATS rewards participation, it does not punish for it. As for the facts in the OP, all I can say is LOL.

If the members who tirelessly complained about all this, spent even half the time trying to help SO and the staff find viable solutions, we probably could fix this a lot faster...

~Tenth

Whats the point of people who dont have the information trying to answer ?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

Regardless of whether or not it was directed at them. It's also a valid question. Members who complain about seeing ads, should simply contribute more, therefore removing the ads.

ATS rewards participation, it does not punish for it. As for the facts in the OP, all I can say is LOL.

If the members who tirelessly complained about all this, spent even half the time trying to help SO and the staff find viable solutions, we probably could fix this a lot faster...

~Tenth

Whats the point of people who dont have the information trying to answer ? and another question does ATS own all that is writen in the PM that have been sent ? if so is that information sold ?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Posted this as a comment on another thread but it was closed...

I'm honestly not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers, but why does any of this matter?.. Most, if not all, websites worth visiting have adds.. Is it really that big of a deal?...

Let's say, hypothetically, that the owner of the site wanted to generate some extra income... Is it wrong for him to encourage us frequent visitors to open our wallets a bit to contribute?... I don't think so.. Hosting costs aside, it takes a lot of human hours to keep this sight moving as fluidly as it does..

Let's just say that 6 people had to quit their jobs to dedicate 10 hrs a day to moderating/running this sight.. How much profit do you think the sight is making after paying those individuals a modest salary?.. Cmooooon...Personally, I haven't donated a dime yet.. Doesn't seem like anybody is forcing my hand in terms of funding though, unlike the other conspiracy website that I used to frequent, that'll ban you for being an active member who doesn't donate...

Who cares how much this sight is worth?..Maybe it's a few hundred thousand, maybe it's a couple million... The question is, what is this sight worth to YOU?. I feel that there should be an option to donate as little as a dollar.. Regardless wether or not I become a "junior conspirator", I'd like to donate on my terms.. Other than that... Well...
edit on 3 6 2016 by EequalsMC2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

~Tenth

Whats the point of people who dont have the information trying to answer ? and another question does ATS own all that is writen in the PM that have been sent ? if so is that information sold ?

I was never trying to answer your question simply stating that I did not feel that it was valid or justified.

Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

~Tenth

*Stop hosting your own photos
*Brand ATS with SWAG. Give away a t-shirt for great threads...aka free walking advertising.
*Don't belittle members for questioning things regarding the site.
*Create more SITE GENERATED content, rather than USER GENERATED content. (NLBS was a nice try but an epic fail)

ATS rewards participation, it does not punish for it.

Stars are not a reward.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Be real. ATS is bending over backwards trying to give us what we want, all while trying to fund it, run it, and make a living at the same time. Us transients are not the heart and soul of this website. There are people who actually work, while we just log in and off at our leasure.

Support your communities, or watch them rot.

You're right. We should just back off and let ATS implement a subscription service. I too wish to pay to be force fed info from a better funded NLBS/Disinfo.com.

/s

I'm sorry, but I can't help feeling like at some point we'd simply be funding a rather large echo chamber. Not an issue for some here on ATS, but then some of you haven't known what ATS used to be like as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Rikku

Some have, most are still around just quiet. There's some heavy hitters that I miss but they shouldn't have violated TCs, pretty simple.

All of this is such petty bitching by entitled, low thinking brats that just want succor rather than challenge and can't even be bothered to provide that much themselves. What a bunch of nursing babies too lazy to turn their heads to find a nipple. Most people piping up on this ludicrous issue are never heard from... on anything.

Yeeeeah, this is exactly why most are quiet, why bother when this is what they get met with.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
ATS has established measures against members using ad-blocking software

Ironic that the very reason people choose to do this is because websites like yours inundate us with meaningless junk to the extent that we have to install ad blocking software. I don't recall anywhere in your Terms and Conditions where it states I must consent to being spammed by advertising.

But hey...it's your site. Do whatever you want. BTW...on-line advertising is the second greatest lie ever told to man. Google laughs their asses off to the bank on an hourly basis.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

and has the potential to make $466,920 per year.

That's a bit different than what your title says, are they making this now? if not the what's the point of this thread?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

~Tenth

I was never trying to answer your question simply stating that I did not feel that it was valid or justified.

Hope this helps.

Can you explane to me how my question was not valid, it was a simple question that was not answered by T&C

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

It was just my personal opinion.

That and the fact that you did not receive an answer.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Did you even read main point of the OP?

Many people have requested information relating to ATS' use of finances. That's not an unreasonable request if members are being asked if they would consider paying for certain things.

That is an extremely unreasonable request. I don't insult the guy who sells me coffee by asking to see where and/or how he manages his finances related to his coffee shop.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I been here now for over 10yrs and I love the place.
I find the T&C's are perfect for mature and decent debate.
You can easily tell those who would make conversations descend into rubbish if the T&C's weren't enforced.
Frankly, I love this site because it is a mature place and the BS immaturity is often thrown away.

Never have I seen anything censored - I've written some posts and threads that were pretty critical of various world leaders, countries, actions, races, sexes.. and nothing has ever been blocked.

I've been warned when I stepped over the line - and rightly so.

Anyone who has left this great place has done so because they were not a good fit - I'm sure many regret it and came back under different names.

I find with the rise of internet forums, the ease of accessing the internet that this site has attracted many more people who aren't interested in learning and listening, but just want to abuse, push around and criticize. It is hard to discuss anything going on in the news these days without being attacked.. that's why i think the popularity here has gone down.

so, the website worthofweb.com tells you ATS is worth 2 million dollars and you believe it and attack the sites owners?

Servers, Security, Licensing, Networking, Support, Data Centers, Media Editing... all these things cost time and money.. of which I haven't paid a cent for in my last 10yrs here.

Yes, I made a donation (a very small and somwhat meaningless one) and I'd make it again if things got bad - because, things this good aren't free and are worth a few dollars here and there.

If your using ad blockers, turn them off! Help the site you love, live!
I think its fair enough to limit ad blocking users, this site needs a life line and your abusing its free aspects.

go ATS!

edit on 9/3/1616 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
FYI Alexa is showing a dramatic decline in traffic... just saying.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ogbert

... protoplasmictraveller, the most popular and prolific writer at the time of his banning. search google for his name, but most of his stuff is gone now

You can see PT's threads and posts here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would never pretend to know, or assert knowledge of, why he was banned. (I can't even see definitively that he IS banned for that matter.) But imho to equate it with some sort of conspiracy and/or link it with some sort of ulterior motive on the part of ATS' owners - especially when his Rome topic and other topics are still very much accessible here - is a huge and unjustified leap. Again, imho.

Peace.
edit on 3/10/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/10/2016 by AceWombat04 because: Fixed link

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join