It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pick up your damn cell phone!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I left my cell phone on a conference table at a meeting one day.

I couldn't remember where I left it. I have pictures of people associated with their phone numbers.

For example, one of my friends raised dairy cows, so I had a picture of a dairy cow for his phone contact. My neighbor is a real biatch, and her last name is the same as the well known Deputy Führer of Adolf Hitler. So of course I have a picture of a women with a Hitler moustache representing her contact. My boss is a major A$$ so of course, I had a picture of the backside of a jackass for his phone number, lol.

When I went into the office to pick up my mail, the secretary said, "do you know anyone who lost a cell phone?" I immediately said, "yeah that's me!" She started laughing hysterically about the photos I used for my phone contacts, because she was trying to figure out whose phone it was. I immediately said, "the boss didn't see it did he?" She said, "no that will be a secret between you and I." However, she said it looked just like him, and we both laughed.

edit on 3-3-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

The trick to retaining your cell phone is to treat is like eyeglasses - can't see without it, so never out of hand.

Haven't lost or broken a phone. Ever. Had one since 2001.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I always look to see if the found phone is on...go through contacts looking for home, wife, moms, in case or emergency contact and call.

I returned at least 3-4 that way. Boy, were the owners happy to get their phones back.

One teen girl said" Hey! Did you clean my phone too?" I did.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
No good deed goes punished. People are just crazy. And entitled.

I had a knock at my door one evening and it was a lady trying to return something she bought at my yard sale the month before. wth?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

Did she have her receipt ?

LOL

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
WOW. I'm all for Good Deeds... But Safety First !

My first response was... I wouldn't pick up a cell phone like that. It could of been used for illegal purposes and then discarded. Eeweeee

Or

Having some stranger come up and meet you at your place of employment. Now they know where you are. However, at-least this is the safest way to return the item, in a public place.

What on earth were these people thinking asking to have the phone brought to them ? They weren't thinking about safety at all.

It baffles me... or maybe I'm a bit too cautious.

leolady

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Karma payers interest. You have a favor coming.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

I have an iphone 6 with no passcode on it.

Mind you I'm not some I-freak who puts all my information, banking, pics of my wife, on my phone It's a phone. I use it to text, call, go on youtube sometimes, it has some music on it, goofy pictures I could care less about anyone seeing.

Yep a phone, nothing in there that needs a password.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Just a thought...perhaps the guy who found it got confused and dropped it off at the wrong store. It doesn't ring true, pardon the pun, that the guy would go through the trouble he did, just to do a 180 at the home stretch. Plus your phone carrier should have the latest numbers to and from, that might give a direction to pursue.

Also, you might try everyone at the store: maintenance, security, floral department. Never mind what should have happened. I'm guessing it was turned in somewhere and got passed around with no one knowing why. Or It might have been accidentally buried under some other crap in the need for quick counter space, etc.

Don't give up; not if it has some important photos and docs. Plus you have so many well wishers here...all that energy has a certain power of its own. Good luck!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thanks' would have been good and she thought a policeman with his notebook was the better option. They actually had CCTV of a teenager grabbing it from behind the counter

Some people are big enough assholes that they do as much to stop 'good deeds' as the fricken criminals.

I can understand your frustration...but you can see that is could be in his eyes, you and the " teenager on the CCTV " could have been a 2 man teem - perfectly plausible and as a manager he may have feared he was being set up for something bigger down the road.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
When I worked as a taxi driver folk would forget their phones on the back seat all the time. I must have returned at least 5 of them to folk. Some people are just ungrateful bastards though.

Most people are so relieved to get their phone back and are really grateful, a lot of times they'd give you 10 or 20 quid just for your trouble. However some people act like you are obliged to bring it to them as fast as possible and that it was your fault they lost it. Had one twat snatch the phone out of my hand and closed the door without even a thank you. His phone smelled too, I mean really really badly smelled. That urine/stale alcohol smell that a lot of minkers reek of. It was disgusting. I was glad to get it out of the car, it was embarrassing.

I found a crappy old Motorola nextel flip phone lying on the ground in a car park last summer. Don't really know why I did it but I picked it up and just threw it as far as I could. I remember laughing my head off. Must have been in a funny mood that day!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

Dang it, do you remember where you threw it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join