It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infinate realities, the mandela effect and a last chance survival tactic.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
So in the universe you inhabit you get twatted with a bar but you manage to skip into one where you only get grazed and everyone says "wow that was a lucky escape!!!"

I like that idea

...but I'd prefer to get twatted in a bar
edit on 29.2.2016 by grainofsand because: Typo, Id to I'd

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Cool.

It's too late to edit my post, but I meant "jump ship", not "shop". Typing on my mobile increases the likelihood of error, I've noticed.

If this hypothesis were true, I wonder what the effects might be. Is it like the movie, The One, with Jet Li, and you somehow become more powerful, or stronger (mentally or emotionally?) or wiser as more consciousnesses are joined into one dimension? Or are the effects negative, as it has a straining effect on your mental health as you begin to notice more discrepancies? Or both? Neither? Is schizophrenia or other conditions somehow related?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This topic has always been dear to me, just because I remember Gandy's dairy being Borden Dairy, but others remember it as Bell dairy. Also it was Bush who won and Gore who sued and failed, not Gore won a Bush suing and winning. And Mandela was Dead, and Klacius Clay never changed his name and of Course it is Bernstien.

Where every choice creates multiple universes, eventually the permutations get too much for the framework of the universe to handle so it for lack of a better phrase Garbage Dumps or Zipper action, the did not really matter things.

This phenomenon I personally think this hypothesis happens when the Universe tries to adjust to recombine timelines, if the difference is minor and does not really matter or end result comes out the same, after the point it no longer matters the universe combines the split timelines together and the stronger public perception wins out.

This happens so much that if it was seen it would drive humans crazy, so we naturally evolved a way to handle it "Change Blindness"

So in theory you may have been on the cusp of one of those choices the house owner choosing Dish or Cable, You remember not seeing a cable (could have been Underground) the Universe did it's Zipper action about the time you got hit and thus you noticed the Change where normally you would not have. Basically you got Distracted at just the right moment to notice a change.

Something to Chew one while you Enjoy a

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: uncommitted
Interesting thread, but let me be the boring bloke who says you were most likely suffering from concussion. Sorry if that just sounds too prosaic, but it can happen to short term memory.

For the Mandela effect, I think that is the equivalent of pub talk where someone thinks someone has died and it plants a seed in your head which with nothing to tell you otherwise starts to become treated as fact until you suddenly hear the person has now really died. Remember the threads on ATS a few years back where Australia (in some peoples minds) had apparently moved hundreds if not thousands of miles?

Unlikely concussion as the pole hit my hand although I tend to agree.

My first Mandela effect sympoms came from a headshot and post concussion syndrome so maybe this is the after effects.

As to Austraila that was debunked long ago with the way that maps were drawn to counter the spherical nature of the earth. google it if your interested.

Hi, yeah, I know the Australia thing was debunked, silly thing in the first place if you ask me, but was using it as an example of the so called Mandela effect taken to the extreme.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Interesting I suppose but could also be explained by other things, but then again when you think about those other things farther it will just lead you to to same place.

I have had a few some such things happen to me, if I were to say that I shifted into another reality every time that happened, then I must have died at least 20 times by the time I reached my 20something yrs of age. Its better not to think to much about such things, just go with the flow ya know, makes things so much more simple and less headache inducing.

Ever see how they make picturebooks, cartoons and movies, even digital videos now a days, its all done scene by scene plane by plane, not that far removed in today's age then from when the pictotube was first invented and rolls of film was the cool thing to keep around on opening movie nights, instead of that usb drive and hardrive of now a days.

Life and memory is kind of like that, scene by scene frame by frame, in fact the whole of existence may be a 2d flat projection on some cosmic universal hardrive somewhere for all you know. And besides sequential order is an important thing for any sane minds to operate, or as they say.

But hey! You know what else they say? Shift happens. Cool story bro.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join