It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia police officer killed a day after she is sworn in; 2 others injured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Bad news for this officer. Apparently she was just sworn in a day before. There was also a civilian woman dead. Officer Guindon was responding to a domestic; one of the most dangerous calls officers respond to.

RIP Officer Guindon

A Virginia police officer was killed while responding to a domestic-related shooting a day after she was sworn in, authorities said.

Prince William County police officer Ashley Guindon was killed Saturday night in Lake Ridge. She was sworn in Friday.

, , , , L I N K

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
2 other cops injured, perp unharmed. this is what happens when the cops are always viewed as the bag guy no matter how bad a person they smoke.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

High risk job, it's not hidden from people that pursue a police career.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Theres this weird sort of 'fate' thing working sometimes, it seems. Take someone who grows up, joins the military, makes it through training, gets deployed and then killed their first day in combat.

Is that just a random chance or by design?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This just in. Looks like an Army Sgt. Is in custody.

The three officers -- Guindon along with field officer David McKeown, 33, and Jessie Hempen, 31, -- were shot almost immediately upon arrival, allegedly by Ronald Hamilton, an Army staff sergeant, Prince William County Chief Stephan M. Hudson said at a news conference today.

A second team of officers arrived shortly thereafter and began administering first aid to the injured officers. At some point Hamilton surrendered, Hudson said,

Army Sergeant Held in Killing of officer's 1sr day

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

naw.....the correct protocol would be to hold back starters as one would in a commercial construction union job....everyone is slotted into a level of apprentiss type deally.....

That's how I run the big jobs down here in Dallas....non- union now. these big jobs have safety issues.....gotta ease into it.....all pro....and casual like.

so, see it from a risk management viewpoint....4 months before the rookies see a domestic disturbance

edit on 28-2-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Like Orlando Bloom in blackhawk down, falling out of the chopper after all that training.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Seems that Staff Sergeant Hamilton had been in the Army for a while. I wonder if he served in the ME and was experiencing some form of PTSD. I guess we'll find out in the next few days.

Thanks for the thread.

-dex

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

One of the fast rope rangers that day? I think I remember something about that…

Was that his first mission?

The theory in my head has Karma (or whatever its called) preempting on their behalf, not allowing them to harm others to preserve their integrity or some such…

Just musing

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

That is so sad. My condolences to the families of the dead and injured. It sounds like PSD to me, that is my first thought, it had to have been PSD. So sorry for the family of this soldier, and the soldier himself. Hopefully he will get the help he needs.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

yea im not sure if he was an actual person but im sure its happened numerous times and among equally final destinationy things. i like the viking way of things. its already determined when you go so no point dwelling on it..
edit on 28-2-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

also just thought of chris kyle, survived numerous tours just to get killed by a fellow vet at home.
edit on 28-2-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
2 other cops injured, perp unharmed. this is what happens when the cops are always viewed as the bag guy no matter how bad a person they smoke.

Or it's what happens when you take a job in law enforcement. Cops have been killed in the line of duty since the world started swearing them in.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I had a friend that did 2 tours of combat duty, back to back, in Vietnam. Finally came home, without a scratch. He made it all the way home, and got hit by a car crossing the street from the bus station. He died before they got him to the hospital. He never got the chance to see all the people waiting to greet him at the surprise party they had thrown for him.

"Life is like a box of chocolates." "You never know what you are going to get."

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

also just thought of chris kyle, survived numerous tours just to get killed by a fellow vet at home.

Reminded me of General Patton.

Dies after WWII in complications resulting from a lowly car crash.

a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

That story you just related blew my mind. Thanks for sharing it…

edit on 29-2-2016 by intrptr because: additional reply

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Pretty unfortunate. Seems every day this week there is a largely publicized shooting.

What seems odd about this particular incident. If I heard correctly, the woman whom was on her first day of patrol, had an aeronautics engineering degree... Kind of an odd profession for an aeronautical engineer, and then the man who shot her was a staff sergeant who worked at the pentagon.

new topics

top topics

join