It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman quits Democratic National Committee, endorses Bernie Sanders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Swills

I have to wonder how the DNC will punish her.

No hopes of sitting on a 'good' committee, much less ever chairing any.
No 'big money' people will talk to her any more.
There are a lot of things they will do to her.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Until you realized that gabbard is even more of a hawk than Hillary and actually does support bombing the living crap out kf Muslims

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The system of delegates is fixed in favor of the particular candidate whom the party believes has the best chance in winning the presidency. I don't support Trump, but I think if Trump was a little ahead of Jeb in delegates, the GOP would have still nominated Jeb. Just because they don't like a particular candidate, it's the people's votes that should nominate the candidate not a party delegate.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

And yet, Bernie Sanders will still go NOWHERE.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
a reply to: Willtell

Until you realized that gabbard is even more of a hawk than Hillary and actually does support bombing the living crap out kf Muslims

That’s possible; I haven’t followed every part of her career.

Where does it say she wants to bomb all over the ME.?

I heard her say that the war in Syria, taking down Assad, would be illegal.

How many dems have said that?

I do know this

She looks dam better than Hillary!

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Now, I don't know anything about her so I decided to see if your claim holds any weight and I learned she was deployed to Iraq, taking a leave from politics. Her perspective of Syria seems right on to me.

www.breitbart.com...

Gabbard said “the real issue is what are we doing about it? What’s the strategy on the ground in Syria? Because that’s something that I’m finding very confusing. There’s no clarity on exactly who our enemy is as the United States and what kind of mission we’re trying to accomplish. We’re seeing [these] very contradictory statements saying that — from the administration saying that they’re going after ISIS, but in the same token, they are allowing Turkey to bomb the Kurds, who have been our most effective, trustworthy ground allies fighting against ISIS, both in Syria and Iraq. They’re saying that they are focused on getting rid of Assad, and both directly and indirectly helping these rebels, many — the vast majority of which are made up of al Qaeda, al-Nusra, and other Islamic extremists groups, including ISIS, people who are sworn enemies, because they are working to overthrow Assad. There are so many issues here with what’s happening on the ground that I think have to be dealt with, otherwise we’re going to continue to see what we’re seeing, which is ISIS, and these Islamic extremists groups getting stronger, and if Assad is over thrown, then we’re going to see the establishment of an Islamic caliphate, and a greater threat to the people there, and people around the world than we’ve seen so far.”

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I have to wonder how the DNC will punish her.

A Clinton Presidency.

That's how WE get punished.

And much of the world with us.

Syria, following with God knows who else.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

See there are differences between ppl who have not actually gone to war and loved it so, and others that did go to war because it's necessary, John Mc Cain being the outlier .

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Not a fan of the democratic party, but kudos for her taking a stand on what she believes.

For those saying only trump or hillary are the options... push a third party, there are options out there.. this congress is most likely going to gridlock over the next 4 years no matter who is in office.

So why not help a third party reach the 5% thresh hold so they get included in the debates, and get federal money for campaigns just like the big 2. (thats a law by the way)

We set the country up for more options, you get to feel better about who you voted for (instead of feeling like you need a shower) and we possibly set the stage for beginning to fix the mess the establishment 2 have caused.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

No - I think they got burned by Obama, we all did.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
According to Clinton supporters this woman is going to hell now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join