It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congresswoman quits Democratic National Committee, endorses Bernie Sanders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Democratic National Committee Vice Chair Tulsi Gabbard resigned from her post on Sunday to endorse Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders, following months of rising tensions within the group.

"I think it’s most important for us, as we look at our choices as to who our next commander in chief will be, is to recognize the necessity to have a commander in chief who has foresight, who exercises good judgment," Gabbard, a U.S. representative for Hawaii, said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Gabbard, one of five vice chairs, and her committee colleagues have butted heads over a thin debate schedule in the months leading to Democratic voting contests for the party's nomination, with Gabbard calling for the group to add more debates to the calendar.

Much respect and just goes to show ya that the DNC is heavily in favor in Clinton despite being a supposed neutral entity. Now,if only the DNC chair woman Debbie Wasserman Schultz would step down as well, but of course she will clearly be endorsing Clinton.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
She’s on the ball, this lady.

She is against Hillary the neocon who wants to illegally invade Syria

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

All Gabbard had to do was ride the tide and parrot the party line to reap the benefits if HRC wins. If her actions were based on her personal belief in Sanders, I applaud her convictions.

Nothing else, she sure made a statement about her take on HRC's judgement abilities.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I'd love to hear more from her and her opinions. Leaving the DNC like this provides her with no gains that I can think of. She's rooting for the underdog and is leaving because of the way the DNC has been operating.

I hope she gives an interview somewhere and explores her opinions in depth.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is really an indication of a horrible choice in this country of Hillary or Trump.

We’ve reached that loathsome a state in America.

Bernie can’t win, I’m afraid

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

With Ron Paul and Sanders there's been a political change in the winds. He may not win and we may have to suffer a Clinton presidency, or worse Trump, but I think she will be the last establishment politician to take office because people want real change. Will she last more than one term? I doubt it.
edit on 28-2-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

All Gabbard had to do was ride the tide and parrot the party line to reap the benefits if HRC wins. If her actions were based on her personal belief in Sanders, I applaud her convictions.

Nothing else, she sure made a statement about her take on HRC's judgement abilities.

I agree!

What is making me uncomfortable in this election cycle is how blatantly the Globalists *both sides* are showing their true colors on how rigged and corrupt our Federal government really is, and yet I am not seeing it make the people as angry as I was expecting. Sure, we are hearing that is why Trump and Sanders have such a following, but with the DNC and RNC shenanigans happening to prevent anyone or anything from ruining their reign, and them not even trying to hide it, I am not seeing many realizing it on that level.

Are they really noticing the curtain being opened? I sure as hell hope so, because we won't have another chance if we can't get our collective heads out of our asses and realize all of the things used against us to make us fight against each other is what has lead us to this moment?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I'd love to hear more from her and her opinions. Leaving the DNC like this provides her with no gains that I can think of. She's rooting for the underdog and is leaving because of the way the DNC has been operating.

I hope she gives an interview somewhere and explores her opinions in depth.

I too wonder what provoked her to place her political future in jeopardy by her choices. The story might be as simple as an idealist following her heart, or dissension in the ranks coupled with other issues. If it's the former, I give her kudos in the face of the Clinton Campaign Machine.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

With Ron Paul and Sanders there's been a political change in the winds. He may not win and we may have to suffer a Clinton presidency, or worse Trump, but I think she will be the last establishment politician to take office because people want real change. Will she last more than one term? I doubt it.

With Trump or Hillary we may not have a country standing for the next election.

I see your point though.

But once people see that these alternatives, like a Trump can't do much they'll likely go back to the usual BS.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You are absolutely correct.

DN C chair says superdelegates ensure elites don’t have to run “against grassroots activists”

“Unpledged delegates exist really to make sure that party leaders and elected officials don’t have to be in a position where they are running against grassroots activists,” Wasserman Schultz calmly explained.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Now,if only the DNC chair woman Debbie Wasserman Schultz would step down as well, but of course she will clearly be endorsing Clinton.

Every time I hear her speak I am inspired to commit homicide.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Time will be our victory here. The younger generation, although with a terrible voting record, are way more political aware thanks to the internet. Now we just have to wait another 4-8 years before they learn how to register to vote.

Bernie Sanders Turnout: Young Voters Say They Back Sanders But Don't Show Up To Vote For Him

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

I agree!

What is making me uncomfortable in this election cycle is how blatantly the Globalists *both sides* are showing their true colors on how rigged and corrupt our Federal government really is, and yet I am not seeing it make the people as angry as I was expecting. Sure, we are hearing that is why Trump and Sanders have such a following, but with the DNC and RNC shenanigans happening to prevent anyone or anything from ruining their reign, and them not even trying to hide it, I am not seeing many realizing it on that level.

Are they really noticing the curtain being opened? I sure as hell hope so, because we won't have another chance if we can't get our collective heads out of our asses and realize all of the things used against us to make us fight against each other is what has lead us to this moment?

You succinctly described my concerns this election cycle in 2 paragraphs. Great post!

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I have to wonder how the DNC will punish her.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A Clinton Presidency.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

You are absolutely correct.

DN C chair says superdelegates ensure elites don’t have to run “against grassroots activists”

“Unpledged delegates exist really to make sure that party leaders and elected officials don’t have to be in a position where they are running against grassroots activists,” Wasserman Schultz calmly explained.

I know you and I are polar opposites when it comes to politics, but that is one of the things I am talking about. We have been socially engineered by both sides of the coin to get this far as well? Look at how besides the opposition of candidate in this election, it has shown us what is actually been hidden? Not sure about you or anyone else, but I have often thought about "Is it an accident or intended that our 2 Party system has become polar opposites in beliefs?". I am convinced it was no accident, whether you or I agree or not, I think that if we are honest with each other, we should at this point in the game be able to realize how we have been duped into being so separated?

It isn't just the government that needs a good ole enema, but to compromise, we need to finally understand that it is freedom for all or freedom for none. Our hard drives need cleaned as well?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

A Clinton Presidency.

That's how WE get punished.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Yup. She should get sworn in wearing latex and holding a bullwhip.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yup. She should get sworn in wearing latex and holding a bullwhip.

Isn't that mandatory now?

(thanks a lot, Obama!)

But perhaps this is just more theatre. Maybe she is up for election and this is all ''staged' to make her "appear" like she's against Hillary.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I would vote for her over Hillary in a minute.

She is a good bet for the future.

She also had the courage or independence to denounce stupid Obama when he wouldn’t use the term Radical Islam

edit on 28-2-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join