It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer's twitter rant exposes inherent flaws in U.S. justice system.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Note: I don't have the post count for this to be in Posse Comitatus, but it fits well here.

Lawyer T. Greg Doucette recently posted a rant on twitter that has made its way into the media.

Fusion article

Of course, the spin is on race, which shouldn't be too surprising. Regardless of that, the facts surrounding the obvious railroading perpetrated by the officer and, moreover, the fact that the officer faces zero consequences for his false reporting are completely disturbing to say the least.

As always, thanks for reading and I appreciate all comments/discussions.
edit on 28-2-2016 by OrdoAdChao because: Justing in the title?! JUSTICE YOU DOLT! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OrdoAdChao

really - 47 tweets ?????????????

Just WTF ??????????????

the idiot should have written an essay and posted it on a blog or legal forum

but hey - twitter - now i has seen everything

i am wondering how many tweets sheakespear would have needed to churn out the entire 1st folio via twetter

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i am wondering how many tweets sheakespear would have needed to churn out the entire 1st folio via twetter

2 B R Not 2 B?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It is pretty humorous. A real "sign of the times", wouldn't you say?

If anything I would say that it points to just how frustrated he was - and he did have the decency to warn people first.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrdoAdChao
If anything I would say that it points to just how frustrated he was - and he did have the decency to warn people first.

Understandable frustration. Good thing the YBM's mom decided to pull a My Cousin Vinny and photograph the tire tracks.

edit on 28-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Worked to his benefit. If the DA dropped the case I'd imagine that summed up the officer's claims.

And there was just one yute in this case.
edit on 28-2-2016 by OrdoAdChao because: comma in, comma out

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

He's lucky his public defender didn't make him plead out.

This is what abuse of power looks like. Why sully a valid example of false charges by making it about racism?

This is the wrong way to handle misconduct. It should have immediately switched to be about the officer, not the victim.

Switch hats and continue the discovery. Prosecutor becomes defender and vice versa.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

He's lucky his public defender didn't make him plead out.

Well he talks about how the family is out the money they paid him so I take it he wasn't.
But you are correct, the public defenders are known to have you just plead out, sad really.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Why isn't the plaintiff or the court, whatever ordered to pay the legal charges for the defendant who is cleared of charges ? He's innocent yet he still has to pay some way, that just doesn't make sense to me.

Well it does it make sense in the sense that it's clear the legal system is more about money than any moral ethics and if you're wrapped up in it you will pay one or the other even when you're innocent.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Court fees are separate, I guess the argument is that regardless of how it works out for you, this is your charge for coming to court.

In CA there is even an extra charge for getting convicted.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

But if they're innocent, why should they have to pay for costs that they never should have ever incurred due to their innocence ?

I mean they are forced to attend court, they don't have a choice unless they want to end up in jail anyway.

IF a person is deemed innocent or the case is thrown out of court then all costs should be solely on the accuser not the defendant.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

In regards to a good and just legal system, I believe you would be correct. As to what we have now, it is exactly as we would expect.

The reason this case is standing out to me so much is that it took the lawyer to voice the situation. He deals with this nonsense for a living, and he clearly had enough and vented in the 21st century kind of way.

Sure, the press is spinning the case on race, which, again, is exactly what we would expect. Regardless of that, look at the rant, the whole "YBM" is information and nothing more. The case itself is ridiculous and the fact that it was dropped on sight by the DA speaks volumes.

To that, I have no doubt that the case is the rule, rather than the exception. Ninety percent of the time this would have been plead down. Imagine that. Dodging a cat, having charges trumped up against you, and then having to hire a lawyer to prove that you were just dodging a cat.

Race has nothing to do with the miscarriage here, and the fact that it can be so easily swept out of the way is a miscarriage all its own.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
In looking at the picture that the attorney posted, I have to ask the question: How is that narrow residential street even big enough for someone to be spinning 360's?

The LEO who reported that is a sad and pathetic sack of sh*t.

-dex

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Bravo to this attorney! And thanks for posting.

I'm glad he took it to Twitter -- straight to the people, those who need to be informed and aware of these most. That the media is picking it up is icing on the cake. I especially appreciated that he clearly distinguished between "good" cops and "bad" cops:

3. When a teacher decides to rape a student, we don't demonize all teachers. Same w/teachers who are woefully inept at teaching.

4. But, at the same time, no sane person denies there are teacher-rapists and teachers who suck at their job.

5. I view police the same; I'm willing to take a leap of faith and assume you're competent, until you prove otherwise.

ETA: I don't want to paint all LEOs with the same broad brush. Many -- I would even say most -- LEOs are true heroes, and deserve our respect and admiration. I don't want bad cops given the credit and respect they don't deserve; and I don't want the true heroes lowered to the level of the bad cops.
edit on 29-2-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

top topics

join