It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US on Iran voter turnout !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
During a recent interview ,John boehner , has slammed Iranian elections for being "Phony" and called for overthrowing of Iran's regime .

he said :

1-

Mr. Boehner called on Iranians to boycott the vote and said U.S. officials don’t do enough to encourage Iranians to rise up and overthrow the regime through internal revolution.

2-

“If I were a citizen of Iran, knowing what I know about the regime, I would not vote because it means nothing,”

www.washingtontimes.com...

Nothing new here as US politicians really feel the urge to poke their nose into our internal matters whenever they feel like it , but this one was rich .

why you ask ? here is why :

55 million Iranians - 97% of whom are literate - were eligible for voting . more than 32 million did just that and the voter turnout was more than 70% .

Again , the voter turnout was 70% . this is nothing compared to the turnout in previous presidential elections who stand at 85% .

www.rt.com...

The question here is :

Are Iranians stupid or retarded ? if yes ,that explains the high turnout . if not , who the hell are boehner or any other living creature to question the authenticity of these elections ?

When Iranians feel that their voting does indeed change their future ,who are you to say otherwise ?

before we go ahead lets compare the voter turnouts between Iran and US :

2014 senate elections : 36%

2012 presidential elections : 54%

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe mr. boehner was talking about elections in her home country US not Iran ? cause for all i see ,American people don't feel the need to vote as it differs them not !!

Changes that elections in Iran can make are huge and are visible on world stage : from ahmadinejad to rouhani .

what about US ?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

The regime in Iran should be changed IMO, but it's up to Iranians to do that.

With voter turnout like you say it seems Iranians are happy with an oppressive government.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Voting is next to worthless. To much smoke and mirrors. I would only start voting when the government in question became transparent instead of opaque and I could vote for upstanding individuals. Runners in elections are Immediately a part of a money based system. Backing and support which are essentially bribes to get the bribers whatever it is they need from a candidate. The Candidate doesn't want to be prime minister or president to change the world, or the country, but for personal achievement and gain. Take Roosevelt for insistence, I don't agree with everything he did but before his presidential instigation he was a tough man who seriously tried to stamp of the Vice of New York city which regardless of tactics was a note worthy goal. Not some pathetic woman who is more concerned about donations to her foundations and covering up her scandals. Not some Man-Child with a #ed up haircut who is a closet racist and also a self concerned individual.

Using JFK as an example, the way to get to the top is to have the right backing and be willing to meet the criteria and demands of said backers. The way to be assassinated when at the top is to throw back the demands and attempt to achieve worthwhile goals and true changes. The way to survive your reign and avoid any nastiness is to simply listen to the whims of those above you. Those whims will never be for the people regardless of country.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
You did know Boehner is gone and is completely irrelevant, right ? As irrelevant now as he was in Congress.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
You did know Boehner is gone and is completely irrelevant, right ? As irrelevant now as he was in Congress.

bro ,it really doesn't matter . US officials are almost united on their stance against Iran mate .

name 1 official who doesn't agree with this guy .

originally posted by: Vector99

The regime in Iran should be changed IMO, but it's up to Iranians to do that.

With voter turnout like you say it seems Iranians are happy with an oppressive government.

Well my friend , you don't know anything about Iranian government . you don't have any idea how our political system works .

Iranians on the other hand ,know some stuff about their own political system and yeah they are very happy with it . i for example know little about US political system . i cannot brand it as oppressive just because it's not the way i like it . you should do the same .

thanks for saying IMO which stands for "in my opinion" .
edit on 27-2-2016 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

Iranians on the other hand ,know some stuff about their own political system and yeah they are very happy with it . i for example know little about US political system . i cannot brand it as oppressive just because it's not the way i like it . you should do the same .

thanks for saying IMO which stands for "in my opinion" .

When I was a kid I was part of the Valley Big Brothers and Sisters program because I had no dad. My Big Brother was an Iranian. He was of the Baha'i faith. He was an incredible positive influence on my life. He constantly refrained from talking bad about Iran, simply keeping it to the fact his religion is persecuted, and he sought American life to help his family leave Iran.

So when you think someone doesn't know about somewhere and make assumptions like you just did, well glad to have you aboard as an American.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

So someone offered an opinion and you disagreed with it.

Am I missing something?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Am I missing something?
1-Opinion of almost all US officials

2-Disagreement of almost all Iranians

3- Iran has high voter turnouts and people like their govt. more than americans do

4- boehner and all other US politicians can go love themselves .

no other points here .

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Uhm he is a private citizen being hes no longer in government. That means your ad hoc title is misleading, even more so since the title of the article says nothing about the US.

As for Iran hes not that far off considering candidates must be approved to run for office. Its the same fake democracy china uses in Hong Kong where people vote for one of the candidates approved to run by the chinese government.

The manner in which you put this thread together, misleading headline and invoking US politicians when they arent involved, and the fact you have Iran listed as your country, undermines your own argument.

Speaking of rich...
edit on 27-2-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Am I missing something?

3- Iran has high voter turnouts and people like their govt. more than americans do

no other points here .

There's really no point arguing with these chickenhawks.

Most the people posting in this thread want and would take great glee in bombing you.

To them the biggest mistake the U.S. has done is not bomb iran

edit on 27-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Uhm he is a private citizen being hes no longer in government. That means your ad hoc title is misleading, even more so since the title of the article says nothing about the US.

As for Iran hes not that far off considering candidates must be approved to run for office. Its the same fake democracy china uses in Hong Kong where people vote for one of the candidates approved to run by the chinese government.

The manner in which you put this thread together, misleading headline and invoking US politicians when they arent involved, and the fact you have Iran listed as your country, undermines your own argument.

Speaking of rich...

John kirby and Alan eyre made the same remarks i'm afraid. are they or are they not US officials ?

Are you claiming that not all US politicians agree with boehner ? well then thats perfect . my bad . if thats the case we can indeed foresee better ties with US which is a very good thing .

i'm afraid thats not the case .

quote from wikipedia :

John Andrew Boehner (/ˈbeɪnər/ bay-nər;[a] born November 17, 1949) is an American politician who served as the 53rd Speaker of the United States House of Representatives from 2011 to 2015.[2] A member of the Republican Party, he was the U.S. Representative from Ohio's 8th congressional district, serving from 1991 to 2015. The district included several rural and suburban areas near Cincinnati and Dayton.

he seems to be an important person too .

i donno .

i hope you're right . if you are ,as i said, thats a very very good thing .

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Am I missing something?

no other points here .

So you disagree with the opinion of the US government on Iran's government.

Ok.

So you support the Iranian government.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Am I missing something?

no other points here .

There's really no point arguing with these chickenhawks.

Most the people posting in this thread want and would take great glee in bombing you.

To them the biggest mistake the U.S. has done is not bomb iran

Well bro, the era of bombing other countries and inciting regime change in them is nearing it's end .

US bombed Iraq . what happened ? Saddam was killed and Iraq became Iran's #1 ally . they attacked Afghanistan . what happened there ? Taliban was pushed back and Afghanistan became Iran's #1 ally .

Saudi arabia is bombing Yemen . what happened there ? they lost some of their OWN cities to Yemeni resistance .

All in All ,Iran is a very very big fish to fry for warmongers . they can cry all day long if that helps them sleep better at night .

a new era is coming . in this chapter ,there is little place for crazies and warmongers ,i fear .

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

John kirby and Alan eyre made the same remarks i'm afraid. are they or are they not US officials ?

Feel free to link to the sources where that info came from as its not in your op source. Secondly John Kirby and Alan Eyre are not politicians, they are media spokespersons for the State Department.

Are you claiming that not all US politicians agree with boehner ? well then thats perfect . my bad . if thats the case we can indeed foresee better ties with US which is a very good thing .

i'm afraid thats not the case .

I am saying to support your assertions with sources instead of assumptions.

quote from wikipedia :

John Andrew Boehner (/ˈbeɪnər/ bay-nər;[a] born November 17, 1949) is an American politician who served as the 53rd Speaker of the United States House of Representatives from 2011 to 2015.[2] A member of the Republican Party, he was the U.S. Representative from Ohio's 8th congressional district, serving from 1991 to 2015. The district included several rural and suburban areas near Cincinnati and Dayton.

he seems to be an important person too .

Yeah he use to be Speaker of the House and third in the line of Presidential succession. Important words - use to be. He is no longer a politician and resigned his leadership position and seat in Congress in 2015 when he retired.

i donno .

i hope you're right . if you are ,as i said, thats a very very good thing .

Look my issue is I am tired of people taking sources and turning them into something they arent while making accusations that are not supported by the op source.

I would love to see a day when the Iranian people can get a government that is for the Iranian people and not the mullahs and revolutionary guards / hard line politicians.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Haman, why do you constantly refuse to comment on the treatment of Baha'is in Iran?

I've asked you before, you ALWAYS specifically ignore that. Why?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Haman, why do you constantly refuse to comment on the treatment of Baha'is in Iran?

I've asked you before, you ALWAYS specifically ignore that. Why?
i do indeed ignore troll posts.

Open a thread about baha'i s and i may or may not participate. I'm not the spokesman of Iranian government

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

You can call it a troll post all you want. It's a direct example of the oppression of the current government. But hey apparently I know nothing about Iran right?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You can call it a troll post all you want. It's a direct example of the oppression of the current government. But hey apparently I know nothing about Iran right?
yep . thats exactly right . knowing about bahaí s doesn't make you a know-it-all .

it makes Google a one .

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

it makes Google a one .

My knowledge of it isn't from google, thanks for assuming.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Which is worse the "phony" elections in Iran, or the overtly legitimate and covertly "phony" elections in the USA?

Maybe the establishment is secretly envious of the Iranian election process?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join