It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With the Freedom of Speech, how will the IRS get my money?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm going to start a garden. I'll grow carrots. But, I won't express to the IRS that I'm growing carrots as per my freedom of speech to remain silent. I'd define the freedom of speech as being able to either say something or remain silent on anything, but not be punished specifically for the speech itself. The New Hampshire state constitution was amended to be specific about what the freedom of speech means, and I do agree with its implications.

The freedom of deliberation, speech, and debate, in either house of the legislature, is so essential to the rights of the people, that it cannot be the foundation of any action, complaint, or prosecution, in any other court or place whatsoever.

Link: www.nh.gov...
So, to borrow their wording, my personal expressions to the IRS cannot be a reason the IRS will "be the foundation of any action, complaint, or prosecution, in any other court or place whatsoever".

I'll chose not to express anything at all to the IRS. I'll exercise my unlimited right to remain silent. So, how will the IRS get their money from me? I'll grow carrots. I'll trade them for US dollars. But I won't tell the IRS how many dollars I get, even it its a lot of dollars like $100,000 a year. How will they get my money?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: centarix

They'll read ATS.

Don't forget that the federal government has other departments and agencies which will likely cut in line to prevent you from growing carrots in the first place.

The establishment of 'in kind' precedents will eventually be used to claim a cut from everything you have and do.

Want to give your son your grandpa's watch? You'll have to get it appraised by an IRS authorized appraiser.

He'll have to pay a tax on the transaction, maybe they'll put a lien on his house.

These are simple logical extensions of existing policy, it's only "fair", right?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I think your forgetting that the IRS is above your constitutional rights. America has been paying a tax it legally had no need to pay. Those that didn't were sought out by the IRS and prosecuted even though a law to pay it never existed. Also they are under no obligation to show you the law that doesn't exist either.

You should see the control the IRS exert on recognised religion in exchange for their tax "free" status.

Your idea works soundly in a just world, not in this one.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RevolutionAnon

Precisely.

Isn't it amazing that there are probably people here right now contemplating that scenario and considering it reasonable.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

It is a curious position and one I can get behind.

I would even give it a try if I felt like fighting a losing battle against the unstoppable force or had an 'extra life' to throw away for this video game called life.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The other one I am waiting to see is the quantification of man hours to established income.

If you do some yard work for yourself, why not make you pay the IRS for their cut of the value of the donation to yourself?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Greetings- As was mentioned, depending on which State You reside, will dictate if You'll be able to grow enough carrots to make $100k USD. Also depending on the State, You better have used State approved seed to get going, did You use Monsanto™ and why didn't You? The State wants to know.

But the other post has provided You the perfect avenue to get this going and not only going but going "tax free" You'll have to get a 'Holy Book' of some sort, if in the U.S. I'd suggest The Bible™. Then run down and get Yourself established as a religion™. This way You'll receive "seed money" (pun intended) from a bunch of folks afraid of going to Hell. You'll also receive a cut from Uncle Suga on the land.

Okay, You are now a functioning, tax free religion™ and the $$$ has started to flow in, so You better start plowing the field to plant Your carrots. After You provide for You(rs) then GIVE away the food to the folks in Your area. Anything more than "enough" is wasteful and You don't want to behave like some religions and be in to 'it' for the $$$.

This is the only LEGAL way to not pay Your taxes or You can go to jail, probably a "private prison" and have the rest of us to pay for Your '3 hots and a cot'. Ever read anything or hear anything about the gangster Al Capone, the original O.G.? He did a bunch of dastardly deeds (allegedly) but what does He get sent up for? Tax evasion.

Please come back and share about how You didn't use anything "public" while You're being pursued by gumshoes.. No hospital, no roadways..

This also explains the 3-5 calls per week that I get from the IRS that My case has been reviewed and a warrant has been issued but the call gets cut off enough for the person not using their full wits and actually fall prey.. The old ad in comics "the 90 pound weakling" why did it run for years and years? Somebody making a buck. Heck I bet they were happy to pay their taxes.

I don't want it to read like I don't see Your point because I do. The IRS should be abolished and could be IF there was a Flat Tax, but until there is..
Is the tax rate 'better/worse' in other countries?

namaste
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: spellin fo paw

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Please come back and share about how You didn't use anything "public" while You're being pursued by gumshoes.. No hospital, no roadways..
I never said I wasn't going to pay for what I do use. My plan is to pay for what I use.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ive read that legally nobody should have to pay any money to the IRS. Income tax should not exist - there are no laws for it.

But it is one of those things that only works in theory. In practice the IRS will take everything you have and ask you to find them the law.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Well by posting it here you just told the NSA, hopefully the two don't communicate

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Well by posting it here you just told the NSA, hopefully the two don't communicate
If the NSA is listening and cares to offer a response officially in write, I will pledge to report my first three years of income. However, they must explain how they get the money without violating my freedom of speech. My suggestion to them would be to get me to sign a written contract agreeing to such, with the money to be used only in ways I approve of.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RevolutionAnon

Really, organized religion?

Seems to me that people preach from the pulpit all the time, giving the finger to the IRS:

A record number of pastors this past Sunday defied IRS rules and regulations and preached politics from their pulpits as a way to protest the restrictive guidelines placed on churches.

A total of 1,586 pastors participated in Pulpit Freedom Sunday in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. This is the fifth annual event sponsored by Alliance Defending Freedom, a pro-life legal group.

Link

That was in 2012. And you know what happened to all of them?

*crickets*

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The IRS never, EVER steps in an investigates.

I know people who have repeatedly sent letters and filled out forms to the IRS in order to get an investigation started into tax fraud and political preaching. After years and years, they gave up. The IRS doesn't care.

top topics

join