It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Adult" Topics Forum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tuomptonite
I, for one, wish TPTB here on ATS could loosen up and relax a little bit. Its great that yall have high standards and whatnot but a guy cant even crack a single joke about Peyton Mannings legacy being "tainted" without mods getting their panties in a bunch. Does ATS stand for Always Too Serious?

I do understand why staff is quick to deal with certain comments and threads. That's why this thread.

We live in a society that's fine with blood, guts, and violence everywhere, but a mother feeding her child in public, even with a towel over her is abominable. God himself will smite us for such blatant displays of human nature.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Stay classy, ATS. Please.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

Have no fear. I'm sure you'll get your way. Though I have no idea why such a forum would be UN-classy.

edit on 2/25/2016 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Have no fear. I'm sure you'll get your way. Though I have no idea why such a forum would be UN-classy.

I'm old. You probably wouldn't understand.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I'm not exactly a spring chicken myself. There seem to be a lot of us around here.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
yes for adult section

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tuomptonite
I, for one, wish TPTB here on ATS could loosen up and relax a little bit. Its great that yall have high standards and whatnot but a guy cant even crack a single joke about Peyton Mannings legacy being "tainted" without mods getting their panties in a bunch. Does ATS stand for Always Too Serious?

i sure wish we could have a little more fun

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
yes for adult section

Storm. You surprise me when I least expect it.

I'm going to star one of your posts right now.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'm not exactly a spring chicken myself. There seem to be a lot of us around here.

Then if you are my age perhaps you understand the concept of tastefulness. ATS has always been fairly tasteful due to moderation. I'd like to see it stay that way.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I'm assuming it's probably because administration has been around the block enough times to understand that most of those types of threads would turn into childish immature musings before the end of the first page ?

Not to mention the additional high maintenance moderation needed to keep said childishness 'in check'.

And then of course, there's the advertisers to take into account that help to keep this massive site up and running... like it or not, the advertisements on ATS are an unfortunate necessity if we're to keep membership enrollment free.

Just trying to give you some food for thought.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Then if you are my age perhaps you understand the concept of tastefulness. ATS has always been fairly tasteful due to moderation. I'd like to see it stay that way.

As I stated on the first page, I'm not talking a free for all here. I'm talking about topics that are news related, and worth talking about. There are some good threads that have been deleted simply because they related to human sexuality. I'm also saying said forum will not be google searchable, and will be off to itself under RATS. Honestly, I think members should have to sign up for it, just like they did ATS.

I do understand tasteful, and that's why I am proposing the measures I am. I may be old, but I'm not a prude. NOT talking about these things is one of the reasons our society has some of the problems it has now. We like to pretend certain things don't exist. Just my opinion though, and no offense intended.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

I'm assuming it's probably because administration has been around the block enough times to understand that most of those types of threads would turn into childish immature musings before the end of the first page ?

Not to mention the additional high maintenance moderation needed to keep said childishness 'in check'.

And then of course, there's the advertisers to take into account that help to keep this massive site up and running... like it or not, the advertisements on ATS are an unfortunate necessity if we're to keep membership enrollment free.

Just trying to give you some food for thought.

Understood, and I have thought about those things. But for a site that prides itself on denying ignorance, and tackling the tough topics, we sure do avoid certain subjects like the plague.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Just curious. What are some of the topics you are referring to that you would like to see? That may help with your idea IMHO.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
We have a dedicated, and not well-used, thread to bring up things like now topics.

Please post your ideas here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.
edit on Thu Feb 25 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join