It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP and Media Elite having an existential crisis over Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: DexterRiley

I don't see tariff's on Mexican goods used to help enforce legal entry into the US as bad. The Mexican government is not stopping the flow of refugees from their side.

Maybe Trump could cut a deal with the Mexican government: help stop the refugees from the Mexican side, and then the tariffs on Mexican goods to build a wall won't be needed.

But if needed, tariffs to employ US citizen laborers on the border building a wall between the US and Mexico at least could put some people back to work, and at the same time decrease the illegal immigration.

Two birds with one stone?

Yeah, that's some of what he wants to do.

The wall will cost about $10 bil. he said.

Mexico makes $58 bil off the US every year. Trump wants to even it out.

And they will pay for the wall.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

That was a joke, right?

Sarcasm?

She is not running for potus.

Unlike hillary when bill was elected. She even said, "We are the prezident.."

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
What's bugging me is the order of events.

At first the GOP dismissed Trump and now it's in a full-on panic, disavowing him because he won't disavow racists, starting twitter meme's with #nevertrump and getting down in the rhetorical trenches with him...now that it's all but over and he's about to sweep Super Tuesday.

This is the kind of campaign they should have been running last fall. Trump was nothing - until he was a "UGE!" something that may not be thwarted.

When was the time that the the GOP or any of the candidates actually tried to do anything about it? I mean in earnest, all-in.

And then there is this business of forcing Trump to take a loyalty pledge last fall, promising not to run as an Independent and to support the GOP nominee, whoever it is. NOW they are scrambling, giving their Congressional members cover to not support Trump and talking seriously about a contested convention or a stealth third party run.

ALL OF THIS is why voters hate politicians and only helps Trump. It's a damn catch 22.

Anyways, I decided I would vote for Bernie in our open primary today. He might have a chance to defeat Hillary whereas Trump is a shoe-in, so no pro-vote for one of his opponents will really do any good.

This is all just so crazy. I'm holding out for some big, unexpected upset for either Bernie or Kasich.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ron Paul is on CNN right now asking why any media is even asking a candidate - any candidate - about the Ku Klux Klan, which hasn't been relevant in this country for 40 years. He said Trump's campaign is a failure of the media because they don't want to discuss substantive issues.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join