It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Massive Mudslide in California Destroys Homes - 6 Dead, 12 Missing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The search is over in the mudslide disaster area.

LA CONCHITA, Calif. - Authorities ended the search Thursday for victims of the deadly mudslide and warned residents not to return to the town because of the danger of another collapse.

The death toll stood at 10 in the beach community devastated by Monday's torrent of dirt and trees, and everyone on the list of missing people had been located. Thirteen homes were destroyed and 18 others were damaged.

Over

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I really hope it ends at this.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I doubt it. I don't want to get flamed for this but the area is geologicaly unstable. They should not have built homes there at all. However, they have a view and are exclusive so they found a way to build them. We go through the same thing here in the Napa Valley. People want to live near a river that repeatedly floods. They get wiped out, they state uses tax money to help them out and the rebuild only to get wiped out again. They need to reevaluate those homes and the site that they are on and not alow anybody to rebuild on such uunstable land

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I doubt it. I don't want to get flamed for this but the area is geologicaly unstable. They should not have built homes there at all. However, they have a view and are exclusive so they found a way to build them. We go through the same thing here in the Napa Valley. People want to live near a river that repeatedly floods. They get wiped out, they state uses tax money to help them out and the rebuild only to get wiped out again. They need to reevaluate those homes and the site that they are on and not alow anybody to rebuild on such uunstable land

Yes, I know thatr, but I hope people will move beyond the view and move to safety.
I hope they'll move to a safer place; it's so unfortunate that thishad to happen for people to realise that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join