It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existential Playlist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Very interesting band, thankyou for sharing.

I like their lyrics, so dark and hopeless, but also so honest and unapologetic.

I think the term the kids these days use, is "emo", but it doesn't sound juvenile or contrived to me..

I don't know why, but they remind me somewhat of Interpol..

Respect.
edit on 24-2-2016 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: spygeek

I saw that "Holy. Crap." !! You can't hide from me!

But yes... I'm not sure I would go so far to call them emo, well, in today's definition at any rate. They are definitely emotional, and if I'm feeling particularly moody they do indeed bring me to tears. But they're not... the stereotypical "emo". Picturing black-haired teenagers hiding in their rooms. (I used to be one, but I would have angry -I Hate The World ROARRRR!!!- music blaring, not this.)

I had never heard of Interpol before now
I think I'll have to dig up a few more!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Haha, dammit.. I may have been somewhat intoxicated last night, leading to a bit of an overreaction to vnv's excellent lyrics.. xD

The emo comment was a bit tongue in cheek, I agree they don't really fit the label..

I rather like Interpol, their instrumentals are well composed and lyrically I find them quite innovative, even if most of their best tracks seem to be about romantic love and relationships..

edit on 24-2-2016 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: spygeek
Well, Nietzsche used to be a Wagner fanboy, maybe he'll dig heavymetal music. Nice thread. What if Sartre is alive today what will be on his iPod?

Digable Planets?

The following might be borderline or near borderline existential- The Aluminum Group's Be Killed

Stars- The Very Thing

If there is a Christian band out there that might get a reluctant nod from Kierkegaard:

For the past several years I've been listening to mostly post rock and math rock bands, so maybe...

or

or maybe even...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join